PDA

View Full Version : Serverwide Messages

Rogean
02-25-2010, 09:28 PM
What do you think of serverwide messages for the first completion of future quests and raid kills? This would work similar to the Combine server's announcements, but only for the first kill.

For example, when Kunark opens, the first time Trakanon dies, there would be a serverwide message congratulating the guild. This would only be for the first time.

Recyclebin
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Right now its a toss up between only really 2-3 guilds

They don't need more reasons to poop sock content.

Edit: Voted no, not classic

Zordana
02-25-2010, 09:31 PM
well regarding to the livetime-timeline we have several months until kunark comes - and i find it a great idea, voted yes

Tryfaen
02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Sure, it would be cool to hear when someone completes an epic or a boss gets slain for the first time.

Senicus
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Great idea...

Aeolwind
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Keep in mind, on live, GM's would normally announce server first kills. I saw it personally for Dojorn And Spiroc Lord pre-kunark.

Dac321
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I think it would be cool as long as it doesn't go to peoples heads about having their name displayed server wide.

The Situation
02-26-2010, 12:23 PM
There should be an "I don't care either way" option.

If IB wants their egos stroked serverwide, I'm fine with that. If it's not implemented, I'm fine with that too.

drplump
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Worth it just for this on launch day:

<SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT> Congratulations Lolballsacks of the guild <Nut Lickers> on the server wide first a scaled wolf pup kill!
<SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT> Congratulations Lolballsacks of the guild <Nut Lickers> on the server wide first a scorpion kill!
<SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT> Congratulations Lolballsacks of the guild <Nut Lickers> on the server wide first emerald scarab kill!

umpf2010
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Very cool addition, but insert some "funny" or "odd" server firsts also to make it less dry? Like: "Xyz is the first beer king of P1999" (I'm not known for my poetic writing). (First max alcohol tolerance)

but you get the idea...

Auvdar
02-27-2010, 12:07 AM
As for as serverwide messages go, I know on Rodcet Nife from classic thru kunark there were zone wide messages for almsot all big accomplishments. First lvl 50, first naggy kill, first epic per class (first druid epic. First ranger epic. etc etc). Was the normal.

Not sure on all other servers, but I do remember for a fact that happening in classic. I remember RACING to get my druid epic just to have my name shouted in gold serverwide,.. alas no luck :(

Salty
02-27-2010, 12:43 AM
http://chaosguild.org/funnz.png

~

Rogean
02-27-2010, 02:01 AM
[Wed Aug 09 03:33:02 2006] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Innoruuk has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Sep 24 19:12:18 2006] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Feb 02 20:35:58 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Grummus has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Feb 02 21:22:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Terris Thule has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat May 19 07:54:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Tue May 22 07:08:54 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu May 24 10:12:48 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat May 26 18:05:38 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Tue May 29 01:40:31 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed May 30 22:28:53 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 01 22:45:51 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Grummus has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 02 02:13:08 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 03 07:03:20 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 04 07:53:59 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu Jun 07 05:35:45 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 09 07:58:01 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 11 02:28:53 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 29 03:50:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Aug 29 04:58:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Sep 21 14:36:51 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 11 15:26:13 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 13 19:20:45 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu Jun 14 08:52:04 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 16 10:12:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Venril Sathir has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 17 05:18:02 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 18 01:16:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 20 08:16:44 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 22 19:49:44 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 24 05:14:03 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 27 07:50:26 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 29 09:27:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Severilous has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jul 04 00:45:11 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Tirranun the Ancient Protector has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 08 21:09:52 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Yar`Lir the Matriarch has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 15 03:26:10 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!

Haynar
02-27-2010, 02:19 AM
[Wed Aug 09 03:33:02 2006] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Innoruuk has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Sep 24 19:12:18 2006] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Feb 02 20:35:58 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Grummus has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Feb 02 21:22:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Terris Thule has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat May 19 07:54:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Tue May 22 07:08:54 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu May 24 10:12:48 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat May 26 18:05:38 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Tue May 29 01:40:31 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed May 30 22:28:53 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 01 22:45:51 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Grummus has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 02 02:13:08 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 03 07:03:20 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 04 07:53:59 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu Jun 07 05:35:45 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 09 07:58:01 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 11 02:28:53 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 29 03:50:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Aug 29 04:58:33 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Sep 21 14:36:51 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 11 15:26:13 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 13 19:20:45 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Thu Jun 14 08:52:04 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sat Jun 16 10:12:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Venril Sathir has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 17 05:18:02 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Mon Jun 18 01:16:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 20 08:16:44 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 22 19:49:44 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jun 24 05:14:03 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:King Tormax has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jun 27 07:50:26 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Fri Jun 29 09:27:24 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Severilous has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Jul 04 00:45:11 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Tirranun the Ancient Protector has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 08 21:09:52 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Yar`Lir the Matriarch has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
[Sun Jul 15 03:26:10 2007] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Avatar of War has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Rogean along with all their friends and guildmates who participated in this achievement!
Someday I hope to be as cool as Rogean.

Rogean
02-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Someday I hope to be as <del>cool</del> asian as Rogean.

Fixed

Zexa
02-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Very important question for us attention whores. How is the broadcasted name determined? Highest on hate list at death?

I don't want no damned Gobantik taking my fame again!

RyoGTO
02-27-2010, 06:58 AM
i dont like this idea, reminds me of progression servers when people just raced through content to be the first one to do things without taking time to enjoy shit. that's just my two cents though

Rogean
02-27-2010, 10:13 AM
The system on combine server was, at launch, determined by killshot. They then changed it a month or so in to work off of first client aggro (rampage tank pretty much). If I implemented it here, it would just work off the guild of the majority damage for mobs, and names for quests.

strides
02-27-2010, 10:54 AM
i dont like this idea, reminds me of progression servers when people just raced through content to be the first one to do things without taking time to enjoy shit. that's just my two cents though
Very good point, I take back my yes vote and would like to make strong NO vote. EQ is not a race and the huge progress gap is disscouraging to casual players.

regatta
02-27-2010, 10:58 AM
All of the content will still be there to experience after guilds run through it. It's not like it is going to disappear mysteriously after it gets dominated. Even if the server messages are not implemented I 100% guarantee you that the top guilds will still be racing no matter what. I support server-wide messages.

Zordana
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
All of the content will still be there to experience after guilds run through it. It's not like it is going to disappear mysteriously after it gets dominated. Even if the server messages are not implemented I 100% guarantee you that the top guilds will still be racing no matter what.

full ack, messages are just nice to have, wont change anythin about racing tho

Jify
02-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I like it!

Cscott
02-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Eh Im not a big fan of the messages, especially when most bosses can be equally killed by many guilds and the only deciding factor is a raid boss rule / random/ or some kind of intervention.

xblade724
02-28-2010, 12:20 AM
yes

mitic
03-24-2010, 07:00 AM
was amazed when i saw the serverwide shout for the completion of soulfire last saturday. thats something, verant should have made back the day...keep those serverwide shouts in game please.

just because we try to be classic here doesnt mean that you devs arent allowed to make it even better than back the day!

Vache
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't care either way, so I just think it's not worth taking up any dev time.