PDA

View Full Version : Ranger - Pulling Indoors (Green/Teal)

gherron
01-16-2020, 06:24 PM
What are some tactics for splitting camps indoors (besides inviting a monk/SK/bard into the group)?

DMN
01-17-2020, 04:16 AM
making the most of root is about all you can do. If you have the space for it you could kite around multiple mobs snared while the rest of the party take out single targets.

Snaggles
01-17-2020, 04:40 AM
Calm Animals if applicable. Or have the pally, cleric or enchanter lull. Get ready to assist with root on a critical resist.

Root CC is not to be underestimated especially with planning. It’s always a bit of a dance as a reaction but still doable for the competent player.

Jimjam
01-17-2020, 04:44 AM
Use social aggro, mobs only assist mobs they can see and only mobs directly aggroed on to you will ask for assistance.

This means you can run (or push) a mob around a corner of a crowded room to peel out a mob or two and pick up less aggro if you pulled a mob directly from the room.

For longer pulls you can use a mix of roots and/or snares on the group of mobs you aggro to stagger their entry into the camp.

If you are fighting near a zone line you can snare one mob from a room, zone out yourself and all the mobs will path back normally except the one you snared who will stay put until its snare fades.

Keebz
01-17-2020, 06:15 AM
Is sneak pulling still turned off here? Does it work at all?

If so that's something you can leverage.

Sizar
01-17-2020, 01:41 PM
Is sneak pulling still turned off here? Does it work at all?

If so that's something you can leverage.

Sneak pulling does not work on green/teal

gherron
01-17-2020, 08:04 PM

while I get that it isn't on green/teal, what IS sneak pulling exactly? how can you split mobs using it?

DMN
01-17-2020, 09:11 PM

It shouldn't work on any server.

Keebz
01-17-2020, 10:28 PM
It shouldn't work on any server.

Definitely worked on live. I pulled on my rogue like crazy from late-classic through Velious.

There's stuff on thesafehouse from era, such as this guide (https://thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/library-read-only/2985-book-of-knowledge-sneak-pulling).

But I guess that's not enough. We need Dolalin and his newsgroups super-powers to find more proof.

DMN
01-18-2020, 02:40 AM
Definitely worked on live. I pulled on my rogue like crazy from late-classic through Velious.

There's stuff on thesafehouse from era, such as this guide (https://thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/library-read-only/2985-book-of-knowledge-sneak-pulling).

But I guess that's not enough. We need Dolalin and his newsgroups super-powers to find more proof.

No, that's not the issue. invis pulling is nerfed on all the servers so it follows sneak should too.

Rhambuk
01-19-2020, 03:44 PM
while I get that it isn't on green/teal, what IS sneak pulling exactly? how can you split mobs using it?

When you are sneaking behind a mob are you indiff, it cant see you. If you're facing mobs and can be behind all of them that will agro, so they all con indif, you tag the one closest with range with sneak on it won't break. As long as any of the mobs around it are behind that mob, ie they can't see them agro you, you only get that 1.
You can only be in sneak, if you're sneak/hide it breaks and you agro all.
It's nice but pretty situational and can take some time waiting for pathers/sneak fails if you have a low cap.

Sarkhan
01-23-2020, 12:41 AM
Maybe someone could do more in depth look into sneak pulling as I was able to reliably and frequently pull orcs out of the tower in Chrushbone without agroing D'Vinn. Could pull the orcs with sneak and a ranged shot while dvinn remained clueless looking out the window. We then got him single pulled when rest of the mobs dead.
On Teal (RIP) with low lvl ranger.

Lartanin63
01-29-2020, 04:24 PM
No, that's not the issue. invis pulling is nerfed on all the servers so it follows sneak should too.
So you feel because they nerfed invs pulling that sneak an actual game mechanic shouldn't work either or because they nerfed invs it doesn't allow sneak to work? Sneak only being used to change faction for hand in and vendors kinda sucks. Its what made monk splitting effective on live and allowed rangers and rogues to actually pull. Not to mention halflings.