PDA

View Full Version : WTT A ton of Greater Lightstones for SMR

Arogarn
01-14-2020, 08:52 PM
Interested in a straight up trade for a Shining Metallic Robes. The value of the Lightstones is in the platinum you'll receive back and the experience gained for turning in on an alt or lower level.

Please PM if you'd like to work something out.

Somekid123
01-14-2020, 10:23 PM
If this works out I must know how many lightstones someone took for an SMR!!

mischief419
01-15-2020, 12:20 PM
The quest isn't in the game, yet.

Tecmos Deception
01-15-2020, 12:50 PM
Please provide a screenshot of 16 backpacks full of GLSs on one of the mules. I just would like to see that, hah :)

heyokah
01-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Bump for an intrepid fellow, but ya the quest to turn em in isn't here yet

Arogarn
01-15-2020, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, I did not intend to deceive and imply that the Research Aid quest is already in game. It will not be implemented until February most likely, and I would not presume to make this transaction before the quest can be verified functional.

I do not have 16 bags full on any given character that could be screenshotted but I do ultimately have many more than that which I've been farming for a few weeks while my friend catches up to my level.

I've posted this ahead of time to try to coordinate a trade ahead of time, it's a bulk opportunity to obtain a bunch of these for an alt without having to auction for them. I play odd late night hours so auctionquest doesn't offer fantastic exposure.

Arogarn
01-16-2020, 09:17 PM
This offer is still valid

Arogarn
01-18-2020, 09:49 PM
Have a SMR that you're wearing? Think you may be on the cusp of obtaining a Insidious, Apothic, Blighted, or Carmine robe? Arrange the deal of the lifetime to transition to your end game pixel dragon alt quest final form.

98bcobra
01-18-2020, 09:55 PM
Hope they dont nerf that exp from that quest like all the others

Arogarn
01-20-2020, 04:38 PM
Perhaps any teal refugees looking to trade in their tattered robes, hoping for a better chance to make it in the wringer?

Somekid123
01-20-2020, 07:10 PM
I want to see this happen.

Fawqueue
01-20-2020, 08:58 PM
On a related note I'm looking for a belt-for-belts trade. Your FBSS for a yet-to-be-determined number of CB belts. Let's talk quantity.

Arogarn
01-24-2020, 04:19 AM
Don't miss this rare trade. Make it happen.

Arogarn
01-28-2020, 04:22 AM
Even more Greater Lightstones now available

Arogarn
01-29-2020, 02:19 PM
Help get me out of these itchy Gossamer linens

Smellybuttface
01-29-2020, 03:25 PM
How much exp are we talking per GLS turn in? Is it more than belts? I’m curious how high someone could get an ult by turning in 16 bags full.

Arogarn
01-29-2020, 03:32 PM
That is to be determined as these such quests haven't always been consistent on green. The wiki lists 2 blue per turn in at level 13 (on a hybrid), so 16 bags full at that rate would net 9 levels. Using this rate, I have enough for over 30 levels, but keep in mind that non hybrids may get more exp at this level, but it may diminish at higher levels. I'd agree to a trade contingent on verifying the quest functionality and desirability.

Sethius Marlowe
01-30-2020, 12:59 PM
On a related note I'm looking for a belt-for-belts trade. Your FBSS for a yet-to-be-determined number of CB belts. Let's talk quantity.

Uh if we went by standard pricing it'd be like 10 thousand belts.

Or 1,250 bags.

Or 156 separate trades.

Which would have to be done on 78 different accounts you made and filled the inventory AND bank with.

So, yeah I mean. shoot for the stars I guess. I'd rather camp an FBSS than kill 30,000 orc centurions, which at one every 10 seconds would still take almost four full days straight of 100% uninterrupted killing and looting every 10 seconds.

Arogarn
02-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Get your Greater Lightstones while they're hot!

Tecmos Deception
02-01-2020, 06:20 AM
That is to be determined as these such quests haven't always been consistent on green. The wiki lists 2 blue per turn in at level 13 (on a hybrid), so 16 bags full at that rate would net 9 levels. Using this rate, I have enough for over 30 levels, but keep in mind that non hybrids may get more exp at this level, but it may diminish at higher levels. I'd agree to a trade contingent on verifying the quest functionality and desirability.

So if the 2 blues for a level 13 bard amount holds true on green, that's about 52-53k exp per GLS. That's about the same amount of exp you'd get for killing a level 26-27 mob in an outdoor zone. Quite an impressive bit of quest exp.

50ish bags is never going to be enough to earn 30 levels though, because before level 10-14 depending on exp bonus/penalty, you hit the 11% cap per experience event and aren't getting the full 52k exp per turnin, and because exp requirements scale up greatly as your level increases through the upper teens and beyond. 16 bags of GLSs WOULD be enough to go from about level 10 to level 20 though (without an exp penalty), while also making you over 1kpp from the quest rewards. Still pretty impressive. 50 bags would take you from 10 to 27ish (and yield 3-4kpp in quest rewards).

The scope of this project is amazing, and I hope you find your trade! SMR - 3500pp isn't an overly expensive way to get PLed all the way through the teens and lower 20s compared to hiring a druid or something, and it wouldn't take as long to do the turnins as get the PLing.

Castle2.0
02-01-2020, 08:13 AM
I am camping AM right now.

Just curious... how many GLS you got right now?

Arogarn
02-01-2020, 08:05 PM
So if the 2 blues for a level 13 bard amount holds true on green, that's about 52-53k exp per GLS. That's about the same amount of exp you'd get for killing a level 26-27 mob in an outdoor zone. Quite an impressive bit of quest exp.

50ish bags is never going to be enough to earn 30 levels though, because before level 10-14 depending on exp bonus/penalty, you hit the 11% cap per experience event and aren't getting the full 52k exp per turnin, and because exp requirements scale up greatly as your level increases through the upper teens and beyond. 16 bags of GLSs WOULD be enough to go from about level 10 to level 20 though (without an exp penalty), while also making you over 1kpp from the quest rewards. Still pretty impressive. 50 bags would take you from 10 to 27ish (and yield 3-4kpp in quest rewards).

The scope of this project is amazing, and I hope you find your trade! SMR - 3500pp isn't an overly expensive way to get PLed all the way through the teens and lower 20s compared to hiring a druid or something, and it wouldn't take as long to do the turnins as get the PLing.

Thank you for posting in my thread. I've found your insights to be very informative and I had not considered the mechanics of things like the single experience events under level 10. The wiki lists the minimum level for this quest as 10, but that may just be recommended due to this reason.

I find your assessments to be congruent with the basic estimates I had performed, and I think that this information here will be useful to both me and any potential buyer to work out a fair deal for this trade. I will gladly update the thread once successful, as I do intend to remain steadfast.

I do not want to give an exact number on how many GLS I have in stock, but I will say that it is more than 300, and the offer includes storage and transferring service right at the quest turn in. I can also even offer high charisma vendoring of the Concordances of Research to maximize the plat return.

Castle2.0
02-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Arogarn, I'm game. Let's talk # of GLS. PST to Mannastone or my mule Epicnewbiequest, or send PM on forums.

I am all about encouraging newbs to farm stuff for epic items - your story has tugged on my heartstrings - but it's got to be a LOT of GLS.

Arogarn
02-14-2020, 03:33 AM
Hey everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the itchy Gossamer linens that have plagued my sensitive gnomish skin have been discarded for the luxuriously comfortable silks of a Shining Metallic Robe!!

https://i.imgur.com/l5f6EGM.png

I was able to meet with an adventurer late last week and we both found a satisfactory accord where he traded the spoils of his adventuring deep in the undead riddled halls of Froglok kings, and I was able to help out a young ranger friend of his by allowing him to complete the accord that the gypsies had set up with the Arcane Orders of Norrath.

In total, we settled on 350 Greater Lightstones, or 44 bags worth over 6 young druids I hired to hold the stones. In doing so, he was able to advance from a Ranger of the 12th season, all the way past level 20. I didn't have them all consolidated, but someone asked for a screenshot of some of the Greater Lightstones.

https://i.imgur.com/KnWjiy7.png
https://i.imgur.com/HVkVKtm.png
https://i.imgur.com/CphxiVH.png

Now that I've climbed back up to the comfort and luxury that I had grown accustomed to before being assailed by a group of brigands in my home of the Steamfont Mountains, and stripped of my robes, I can venture forth, further into the world, and seek fame and fortune as I continue to master the art of the Arcane. Thanks to my buyer and to everyone else who supported me in this venture, I'm very happy to have achieved this goal.

Visual
02-14-2020, 10:42 AM
Why on earth did you farm 44 bags worth of lightstones?

Grats tho

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
02-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Why on earth did you farm 44 bags worth of lightstones?

Grats tho

For those sweet sweet robes of course. He is level 18 and wearing better gear than some 50s still in their oracle robes lol.