PDA

View Full Version : teach me how to become a superbard

supermonk
01-06-2020, 03:09 PM
supermonk i am yes...but teach me how to become a superbard?

i just got 27 charm...teach me best ways to get da exps? love u longtime.

Sizar
01-06-2020, 04:15 PM
Charm mob 1, have it attack mob 2, pbaoe song, backup. Charm mob 2 when charm breaks, attack mob 1, pbaoe song. Rinse repeat. Step in to melee and tank a bit if one mob is getting beat down too fast or something. Easy way to level

nostalgic99
01-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Charm mob 1, have it attack mob 2, pbaoe song, backup. Charm mob 2 when charm breaks, attack mob 1, pbaoe song. Rinse repeat. Step in to melee and tank a bit if one mob is getting beat down too fast or something. Easy way to level

damn, thats a lot of sequential clickings, and if 1 misclick seems like the bard will be in big trouble.

Benanov
01-06-2020, 04:36 PM
This is why bards don't talk in groups. :)

supermonk
01-06-2020, 07:38 PM

sorry i'm partially retarded. what do you mean by "pbaoe song, backup"?

Crede
01-06-2020, 08:46 PM
sorry i'm partially retarded. what do you mean by "pbaoe song, backup"?

It means you use your dots to assist with killing the mobs faster while switching charm targets every 18 seconds. Once you get single dot at 30 and eventually your 2nd and 3rd ones you just load the mob up with dots from afar while switching charm targets. So powerful and insanely fast, especially before 50 when you don't yet need to use your mana costing charm to get xp. I had a fungi on my bard and did solo dungeon crawls in mostly avoided places like dalnir. Nurga/droga are pretty ideal because the zone is spaced out so nicely and a lot of the mobs are in pairs, but if you're good with timing you really don't need much space.

supermonk
01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
so i tried doing this with dots, but when i swap charms my pet can't hold aggro. should i do one dot instead of two?

Crede
01-06-2020, 09:12 PM
so i tried doing this with dots, but when i swap charms my pet can't hold aggro. should i do one dot instead of two?

Hmm, swapping charm targets after breaks usually does it. Possible you are out dpsing the pet with your dots at that lvl 27, that won't happen for long. Try one dot and see.

Sizar
01-06-2020, 11:57 PM
backup literally means back up, give yourself some room for when charm breaks and you recast it on the other mob, save yourself some hits. When charm breaks, if the firs thing you do is charm the next mob and send it back on your old pet, they should take aggro immediately, unless of course your super close or something. Charm is a mem blur

supermonk
01-07-2020, 01:00 AM
backup literally means back up, give yourself some room for when charm breaks and you recast it on the other mob, save yourself some hits. When charm breaks, if the firs thing you do is charm the next mob and send it back on your old pet, they should take aggro immediately, unless of course your super close or something. Charm is a mem blur

AHH...what if i put some dots on the merbs. should i not dot then?

Sizar
01-07-2020, 11:29 AM
AHH...what if i put some dots on the merbs. should i not dot then?

Absolutely throw dots on them, however once charm breaks try and have the next song to land be your charm again on the 2nd mob. Have the mob engage your previous pet then starting landing dots again. If done right you can level without ever taking a single hit.

supermonk
01-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Absolutely throw dots on them, however once charm breaks try and have the next song to land be your charm again on the 2nd mob. Have the mob engage your previous pet then starting landing dots again. If done right you can level without ever taking a single hit.

any tips on timing the recharm right after it breaks?

Sizar
01-07-2020, 01:32 PM
any tips on timing the recharm right after it breaks?

That one just takes practice and can depend on server ticks as well i believe. On blue for example i would go 1 (charm), 2 (dot), 3 (dot), 4 (dot), 5 (dot), then back to 2 (dot), charm break and then target new mob and charm again. So able to weave in 5 songs before charm broke. Sometimes I could only land 4 tho due to server tick. Will just take practice. Try it outdoors for more room before doing it in a dungeon. If you are nervous about taking hits, swap in a selo's when outdoors when you can. You probably won't ever take a hit if you do that.