PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Compact - Necro spell lvl 20

OuterChimp
01-06-2020, 11:43 AM
wiki says it is available. I can't find it on the vendors.

Thoughts?

acedeathkill
01-22-2020, 08:07 AM
Skip it, its not very useful unless you're in a very unbalanced group or power leveling.

Bondrake
01-22-2020, 09:18 AM
I don't know where to find it but I'm not sure why this idiot is telling you to skip it when you're wanting the spell.

OuterChimp
01-22-2020, 09:48 AM
It's all good guys. I dinged 24 so I'm not all that interested in it now. Now my issues is getting my 24 pet...ugh.

Tethler
02-28-2020, 10:42 PM
It's all good guys. I dinged 24 so I'm not all that interested in it now. Now my issues is getting my 24 pet...ugh.

I'm not sure if it's in game yet or not, but you don't get an upgrade to Shadow Compact until 44. If it's available, definitely grab it. It's great in groups. The above guy that said it's not useful doesn't know what he's talking about.

Wallicker
02-29-2020, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's in game yet or not, but you don't get an upgrade to Shadow Compact until 44. If it's available, definitely grab it. It's great in groups. The above guy that said it's not useful doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yea god what use is a spell that gives your hp to another for a caster that can literally steal hp from mobs whenever they want /eyeroll. This spell is extremely useful.

Videri
02-29-2020, 09:22 AM
If you keep your top buff slot open (possibly with a spyglass), you can also dispel the recourse off yourself, making it an 80hp heal over 4 ticks for 40 mana. Pretty good if the slow onset of the heal isn't an issue. This can be used to take strain off your main healer, patch up a wild wizard, reduce downtime...use your imagination.

Wallicker
02-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Yep 324hp 4 tic heal for 40mana and 45hp.

Videri
02-29-2020, 09:45 AM
Yep 324hp 4 tic heal for 40mana and 45hp.

Now you're talking about Pact of Shadow (http://wiki.project1999.com/Pact_of_Shadow), the level 44 heal-over-time. OP is talking about the level 20 one that heals 80hp for 80hp and 10 mana. But yeah, Pact of Shadow is even more OP.

Videri
02-29-2020, 09:47 AM
wiki says it is available. I can't find it on the vendors.

Thoughts?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Compact

Wait, you mean it's not available in Ak'Anon, East Freeport, Neriak, or Qeynos Catacombs?

Celery4183
02-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Yeah I heal my buddy in duo just fine with it in the low 30s.. great damn spell to be honest

NegaStoat
02-29-2020, 07:54 PM
I think it was 8 years ago when I had my necromancer ding 20 in Highpass on the orc side that made immediate use of the spell to become the main healer for a group comprised of myself, a mage, and the rest being melee dps twinks. The melee players were kind enough to rotate aggro between kills and between my gnomish spyglass, cancel magic, shadow compact, and leech / lifedrains + allure of death I had zero problems keeping up while the pet assisted for cheap dps. Really good times.

Videri
03-01-2020, 04:09 AM
I think it was 8 years ago when I had my necromancer ding 20 in Highpass on the orc side that made immediate use of the spell to become the main healer for a group comprised of myself, a mage, and the rest being melee dps twinks. The melee players were kind enough to rotate aggro between kills and between my gnomish spyglass, cancel magic, shadow compact, and leech / lifedrains + allure of death I had zero problems keeping up while the pet assisted for cheap dps. Really good times.

There we go! This guy knows how to necro heal!

Now, how about adding a bard to the equation? Fountain of life!

DMN
03-01-2020, 10:12 PM
The dispel of the recourse doesn't really work unless you are OK playing without any buffs. The randomness of the dispel now messes everything up so the only consistent way to do it is to have no other spell effects going.

NegaStoat
03-02-2020, 03:58 AM
Ah hell. Yeah, my leveling with the spell was before the 'classic' adjustment to the cancel magic spell line. I guess the better answer now would be to just be an Iksar and give the recourse the middle finger and not bother with the cancel as the compact line of spells are pretty efficient as-is. Which doesn't help anyone playing on Green server at all.

kekeplayer
03-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Many necro spells weren't added until after the pet-daggers nerf (which happened in Jan 2000).

Shadow Compact was one of them.

Full list is in this post. They were all patched in in Feb 2000. We are currently in June 1999.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.games.everquest/dIlyd8MCjgo/89JWKNGoLYYJ

Edit: Screaming Terror was added in July 1999 as compensation for removing Charm/Beguile from necros, check the patch notes. Next month.

Looks like it won't be there until September 2020. You will be 44 by then I would hope :P