PDA

View Full Version : Returning class

rlsamg
01-04-2020, 07:47 AM
Hey guys played a lot from 1999-2000. Primarily played Monk/Paladin. A long time ago so a lot of the particulars are not well remembered. Hoping to try a caster/ priest class as I never played one above about level 10. Considering between Mage, Druid, Wizard or Enchanter. Any advice on Which of these would not be overly popular on teal/green (though hopefully not broken). Thanks.

Issar
01-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Hey, welcome aboard! Druids are an excellent starter class. They provide so much flexibility, including the option to farm plat or cheese it by simply porting and buffing. They are great soloers and are welcome in groups. Wizards definitely have a rougher start and have a hard time getting groups, so probably the least starter friendly of the options listed. Mages are good, but a little boring. Enchanters are an awesome class and a favorite around these parts. They require a lot for attention to play well, but they are considered the most powerful class in the game.

Probably can't go wrong with any of these choices. Just know that the wizard will be challenging to get groups and are slow starters. Druid is the easiest to start with.

Best of luck!

hannahgrams
01-05-2020, 02:58 AM
i found druid a great solo class, but when it came time that i wanted to group-- i felt my role was very ... unsatisfying. i definitely felt like the master of none more than the jack of all trades (when there are classes that pull better, heal better, dps better, etc). feeling an empty space is nice, but i enjoy filling a niche better.

but for soloing and helping others, the versatility was great. you have so many diff options for soloing, it keeps it a lot fresher! charming, fear charming kiting, quadding, root rotting, etc.

from my time on green id say druid is the most popular class. enchanter is up there, mages slighty below that. wizards towards the bottom.

i'd say ask yourself some questions:

do i intend to solo a lot, or do i enjoy grouping?

in a group, do i prefer a defined role, a jack of all trade?

if a wipe starts to happen, do i want to be able to save the party with some quick thinking through mezzing?

do i want to control a permanent pet, or one that is charmed (and the frustrations that can come with that power!)

if i see a newbie on the road, do i want to be able to give them powerful buffs or is it okay if i just run past

do i want to travel a lot, or stick to the same area for a while?

Those may help you figure out some things to narrow down.

ps. i recommend based on your interest... SHAMAN!

it can dps when needed, travel well like a druid and dot, has a pet, slow and buff like an enchanter, and it solos well and groups well!

wildcard bitches