PDA

View Full Version : rogue critical strike questions

sandbag65
12-28-2019, 10:28 PM
1. Can a rogue crit with melee attacks such as backstab?

2. For a rogue, is the only purpose of dexterity to increase the chance of weapon procs?

Raszul
01-05-2020, 04:50 AM
Rogues can only crit with throwing.

Dex let weapons procc more often, yes, but u dont want procc weapons on a Rogue because proccs produce a lot of agro. Its more a tank thing.

Mentathiel
01-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Dex let weapons procc more often, yes, but u dont want procc weapons on a Rogue because proccs produce a lot of agro.

Depends on the proc, surely? The snare component of an SBD (http://wiki.project1999.com/Serrated_Bone_Dirk) proc (for example) is infamous for being more trouble than it's worth, but a pure DD proc (maybe even a pure DoT) is just more damage.

Tecmos Deception
01-28-2020, 06:41 PM
but a pure DD proc (maybe even a pure DoT) is just more damage.

What sort of ratio on proc damage threat to melee damage threat is there? I know melee threat is based on swings, weapon, and damage bonus rather than on damage actually dealt, but on average are you gonna be generating more threat per damage with a nuke proc than with melee swings?

Naethyn
01-28-2020, 06:58 PM
Dex is good if you have an avatar weapon to proc.

Mentathiel
01-28-2020, 07:24 PM
What sort of ratio on proc damage threat to melee damage threat is there? I know melee threat is based on swings, weapon, and damage bonus rather than on damage actually dealt, but on average are you gonna be generating more threat per damage with a nuke proc than with melee swings?

Never really had a chance to find out. I used a Crystalline Spider Fang, back in my CoM days, but the proc on that was 12pts compared to a relaible back-stab of many times that. Even the DoT weapons I have owned were 10 pts per tick at best.

To put things in perspective, the best proc I can find for any rogue weapon is 182 from the Massive Heartwood Thorn (http://wiki.project1999.com/Massive_Heartwood_Thorn). At the sort of level where you would even dream of fighting Tunare on her home plane for one, you can probably backstab for over 1k damage.