PDA

View Full Version : This is so great!

arkylady
12-22-2019, 01:36 AM
I didn't even know these new servers were happening or I would have been here before now. I haven't played any form of EQ in years and just a couple weeks ago I got set back up for SoD and there isn't anyone there anymore. Now I know why.

Are both new servers the same? Or should I join one over the other for any reason? Titanium will NOT download fast enough right now. Gonna take several hours I'm sure ugh. See you all in game quick as I can get there :)

Formerly Aenia (cleric) in guild Talionis on Prexus server

Yttrium
12-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Green and Teal are the same. Teal launched a little bit after green due to overwhelming demand.

Blue is the legacy server and Red is Pvp.

TripSin
12-23-2019, 03:51 AM
I'm in teal and experience so far (lvl 28) has been mostly great. Green usually has a slight population lead. Don't know if this translates noticeably to more overcrowding or whatever.

annali
12-23-2019, 05:11 AM
I know what you mean! I was reminiscing about the old times, googled EverQuest and found the new server had just opened. What luck ! High population at low end :)

Formerly Saeros, Magician of Venril Sathir/Antonius Bayle.

Midoo
12-23-2019, 05:39 AM
Blue: Velious. Has been running for years and at this point most people are fully geared on their 10th twink alt. Lost some population due to Green release. Great starting server as it's very easy to get buffs and find cheap gear.

Red: PvP. Dead. Don't go there.

Green: The new Classic server that starts the same way live EQ first released, and will follow the same timeline up to Velious. Currently just a couple months old so you won't find people to buff you to immortality or donate their old raid gear to you like on Blue, but you get to level with everyone. It'll eventually be merged with Blue once they reach the same level of progression.

Teal: Green was split into 2 servers because of overpopulation. This is the second one. Will be merged back with Green in a few weeks(?)

vossiewulf
12-23-2019, 07:27 AM
Green: The new Classic server that starts the same way live EQ first released, and will follow the same timeline up to Velious. Currently just a couple months old so you won't find people to buff you to immortality or donate their old raid gear to you like on Blue, but you get to level with everyone. It'll eventually be merged with Blue once they reach the same level of progression.

Don't think that's correct. My understanding is that Blue was/is the "beta" server and will never be merged with Green/Teal, which are the official prod servers. Blue is being left to die off. The only question as far as I know is whether/when Teal and Green will merge back together.

iksarking
12-23-2019, 07:38 AM
Don't think that's correct. My understanding is that Blue was/is the "beta" server and will never be merged with Green/Teal, which are the official prod servers. Blue is being left to die off. The only question as far as I know is whether/when Teal and Green will merge back together.

That is not totally correct. The original plan was to merge Green into Blue once it completed its run. They are considering making Green the dumping ground for future Green servers.