PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Winged Death and Druid Magic Dots

Jomar
04-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Uthgaard: Winged Death flagged dotstackingexempt. Test it and report any bugs.

Cast Winged Death: Lands.
Cast Drifting Death: Spell did not take hold.
Cast Drones of Doom: Spell did not take hold.

Cast Drones of Doom: Lands.
Cast Winged Death: Lands; Drones of Doom has worn off.

Think this is the same as it was before but I haven't tried stacking magic dots since Kunark launch.

Uthgaard
04-24-2011, 03:15 AM
K then there isn't proper handling for the field. Thanks.

scamp891
05-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Cast Winged Death: Lands.
Cast Drifting Death: Spell did not take hold.
Cast Drones of Doom: Spell did not take hold.

Cast Drones of Doom: Lands.
Cast Winged Death: Lands; Drones of Doom has worn off.

Think this is the same as it was before but I haven't tried stacking magic dots since Kunark launch.

The problem still exists as of 3May. I just returned, went to do a little leveling on my druid to get back in the swing of things. Root/rot isn't an option so I will return when it is fixed.

Volsic
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I honestly don't understand what all the pissing and moaning about not being able to root 'n' rot is. I solo in KC all the time. I use 1 DoT and can basically med back that much mana in the time it takes to wear off. I might finish mobs with ~5% less mana than I started with and I am ready to pull again immediately. If I have clarity, I cast both BoR and WD and do the same with basically the same results.

Now I didn't play a druid on live, so I can't say whether or not things are working as they should, but to say that you can't root 'n' rot mobs is just silly.

Jomar
05-29-2011, 08:06 AM
I know it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but with the dot movement/duration changes I figured I'd check to see if this was ninja fixed as well.

So just confirming that after the 5/29 patch, Winged Death and Drones of Doom/other Druid magic dots are still not stacking.

williestargell
06-07-2011, 05:21 PM
disappointed to ding 53 and find out that winged death's stacking is still not fixed, even though you had plenty of time to "un-fix" back to classic the root/snare stacking and dot damage to moving mobs.

seems like a beneficial fix that is classic, for druids takes a back seat even when the things that were changed last patch are temporary (i.e. get undone at some point in velious) anyway.

Jomar
06-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Resolved with the 6/13/11 patch (or at least Winged + DD/Winged + DoD worked). Good work Uthgaard and other developers.

http://i.imgur.com/ABm6w.jpg