PDA

View Full Version : Vile box incoming

Vile
04-23-2011, 11:11 PM
========== Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Ty Naez, for putting up with my C++ newbness

To anyone who hasn't played one of my servers before, please realize this isnt going to be anything like live PvP.. if you've played on my boxes you know how the PvP is. Think of it as a little more "arcade-ish". I wont be worrying about fine tuning PvP at first, so deal with it.

My goal is too make a simple/fun/addictive custom PvP server with room for expanding the content to keep in interesting.

Bring on the ideas..

naez
04-23-2011, 11:15 PM
lemme be co-tyrant bru

Vile
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
u 2 much hax my box. only input you get is via aim brew.

georgie
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
wait. wait.. wait ! are you trying to take us away from this supposedly new pvp server ! because that'd be bad nooooo!!

naez
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
u 2 much hax my box. only input you get is via aim brew.

made this 4 u bru

------

These files are distributed under the WTFPL software license.

--------

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, December 2004

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

Pokeman
04-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Trustworthy Poke Man will be gm for his old pal Vile

Vile
04-23-2011, 11:46 PM
wait. wait.. wait ! are you trying to take us away from this supposedly new pvp server ! because that'd be bad nooooo!!

No.. trying to give us a fun PvP while we wait for Red P99 as there has been absolutely no word on release yet.

muffins
04-24-2011, 12:05 AM
instant 50/gear merchants, port to a pvp zone. no killing mobs, nothing. no looting corpses, instant action. make it happen bro. only 1 pvp zone.

Pudge
04-24-2011, 12:06 AM

vile's box will be a fun way for some old-timers to get their pvp fix, but is not anything live-like. it's fun, but Vile only pops the server up to bridge the gap between dedicated pvp servers.

Altergate, on the other hand, will probably try to compete with red99: http://alter-gate.com/ . while i love Tarwine and what's he's doing, it will probably not attract the kind of population that red99 can

Titanuk
04-24-2011, 12:06 AM
i need cast

muffins
04-24-2011, 12:08 AM
have 1 zone as the hub where there is no pvp and where you can /level 50, get weapon/gear/spells/whatever, then when you're ready you port to a zone that is pvp enabled and where everyone can duke it out. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN.

muffins
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
another idea would be to have a feature where you can challenge another player in a 1v1, or like a 5v5/6v6 whatever and it would port you and the other challenger to another zone. kinda arena style but not really.

Vile
04-24-2011, 01:16 AM
I'd like to stick with the: kill shit, get loot, pvp, grief others.. formula.

Dojii
04-24-2011, 01:17 AM
naez knows codes

Doors
04-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Will suck with all the hacking you know is going to occur on it. Then again so will red but reds never gonna happen lolol.

Dojii
04-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Will suck with all the hacking you know is going to occur on it. Then again so will red but reds never gonna happen lolol.
Yea it won't happen, because if PVP99 happened obviously its failure would cause P99 to collapse, which would domino effect into the collapse of the internet, followed by governments, followed by the universe imploding upon itself.

muffins
04-24-2011, 01:36 AM
I'd like to stick with the: kill shit, get loot, pvp, grief others.. formula.

spoken like a true idiot/closet blubie

hope this helps

Vile
04-24-2011, 01:39 AM

hope this helps

/wrist

Dojii
04-24-2011, 01:42 AM

hope this helps

do not insult emperor vile

Vile
04-24-2011, 01:44 AM

I think most hacking was kept to a minimal on my previous boxes. Plus, I usually don't ask questions when I see it happening.. I just permaban and word spreads pretty quick.

Pokeman
04-24-2011, 01:51 AM
The GM staff just performed an extensive alpha test :cool:

muffins
04-24-2011, 02:27 AM
the gm staff r fuktards

Pokeman
04-24-2011, 02:42 AM
gonna get my pal Vile to ban ye

Dojii
04-24-2011, 02:44 AM
hmm post count +1 4 me.. hmm.

Envious
04-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Alter-Gate

Sneak Peek 1: PvP Ruleset
Racewars, Good vs Evil
Soft-coded teams, you can attack your team mates (every once-in-awhile)
Kill anyone who heals or buffs the person you're fighting with no penalty to you (ie low level heal bots)
Murderer flag - attack your own team, and anyone can kill you. So do the deed and run.

On a side note, Vile, open up all race / class combos so I can box an ogre cleric and zerker. Or a DE monk / shaman.

Secrets
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
made this 4 u bru

------

These files are distributed under the WTFPL software license.

--------

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, December 2004

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

ldstr "Naez pwnd u"

wat

Secrets
04-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Here's a puzzle for you naez + vile, the reward is the QvF zoneserver code;

I will give you a diff, you have to find the part that breaks the code completely. Here's a hint:

"It's not the playerprofile."

http://ilikekitti.es/qvf.patch

Vile
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Go naez goooo. On my phone can't look right now but doubt I'll find it anyway. What changes are in the source? Just the outnumbered buff?

Secrets
04-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Go naez goooo. On my phone can't look right now but doubt I'll find it anyway. What changes are in the source? Just the outnumbered buff?

Time's up! It's the AA memset line that was missing. You can return there, but only after setting it all to 0.

The PVP kills stuff wasn't breaking it, as an FYI. You just need to set the entire thing to 0. It's uhh, this line:

- memset(newbon, 0, sizeof(StatBonuses)); //start fresh

I removed it on accident, thus, when it went to calculate everything elsewhere (or reference the AA statbonuses later) it made everything go out of whack.

Also, you'll need to edit the world client.cpp to move appropriate races to the right zone. I'll let you guys figure that out.

Secrets
04-24-2011, 01:58 PM
What changes are in the source? Just the outnumbered buff?

Outnumbered buff was completely in perl. There is a LOT of custom things in there that never got used, and the stun fixes of course. Warriors stunning on bash above 50, the PVP leaderboards code (which I am probably putting in eqemu after I rewrite it) etc etc...

Oh, and EVENT_PK was there too. It's a player.pl script when a player dies to another player. Can do anything in perl with the objects provided when that's triggered. (killmsg, etc)

PVP points were there too, and I also checked IP so you couldn't PK yourself (cause our server allowed 2 boxes...)

PVP points should update in realtime.

Also included is the code that automagically leveled you and set your spells/skills for you upon logging in the first time.

You'd probably want to add something to world (this doesn't include world, that's long gone) to set your guild too.

naez
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
not fair bru just woke up stayed up late studying. memsets rage me tho. whoever put pvp_points in the playerprofile rages me too

in my old codes i made a new client method bool PVPDeath() and did a gang of shit in there. never thought of doing a perl event, but in the end doing it in teh C++ ftw i m o

ldstr "Naez pwnd u"

wat

the tricky part was getting wind0ze to allow it to self-replicate

end process tree does the trick tho

Secrets
04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
not fair bru just woke up stayed up late studying. memsets rage me tho. whoever put pvp_points in the playerprofile rages me too

in my old codes i made a new client method bool PVPDeath() and did a gang of shit in there. never thought of doing a perl event, but in the end doing it in teh C++ ftw i m o

the tricky part was getting wind0ze to allow it to self-replicate

end process tree does the trick tho

trust me I hate the playerprofile. I wish it didn't exist sometimes.

yeah I did it in perl, but looking back on it what I was using perl for could just be done in C++.

lots of bad coding practices in that diff that i'm not proud of :P

naez
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM
dont trip im a acker too

Dojii
04-24-2011, 04:10 PM
box lyfe

Vile
04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
On second thought... I am starting to think scratch starting at lvl 1... maybe start @ 30 with 100 to all skills that the class uses + some shitty gear, so we can get some pvp asap.

Foxx
04-24-2011, 06:11 PM
starting level doesnt really matter, but it would be cool not have to do that 1-20 or 1-30 shit, i personally hate low levels its just so boring

lookin foward to the box vile

jtaddei
04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
On second thought... I am starting to think scratch starting at lvl 1... maybe start @ 30 with 100 to all skills that the class uses + some shitty gear, so we can get some pvp asap.

with a neutral starting zone with firepots for folks to port to / from their hometowns. edit:: neutral does NOT mean non-pvp. Just a mututal zone to start where you can hit the ground running pvping.

on a side note - can't wait to sacrifice my "bluebie 4 lyfe" play style to the pvp masses in an attempt to take part in the fun. It'll be the EQ equivalent of me stepping up to bat and the infield yelling MOVE IN!!!!!!

Tombom
04-24-2011, 11:10 PM
with a neutral starting zone with firepots for folks to port to / from their hometowns. edit:: neutral does NOT mean non-pvp. Just a mututal zone to start where you can hit the ground running pvping.

on a side note - can't wait to sacrifice my "bluebie 4 lyfe" play style to the pvp masses in an attempt to take part in the fun. It'll be the EQ equivalent of me stepping up to bat and the infield yelling MOVE IN!!!!!!

don't sell yourself short my man, the "pvp masses" are mainly just as shitty as any first time red, they just know more about running/camping.

Jimmy
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
EverQuake wizards vs rangers vs rogues

JayDee
04-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Naez hacked the box and still never killed another player

naez
04-25-2011, 01:57 AM
no u<my main

vinaden
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
want 2 play where is vilebox

Mardur
04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
where is altergate beta imo

anticipating that server more. custom servers are generally more fun since I've done stock eq 148714897148919 times. Also only 10 zones = lots of pvp akshuns.