PDA

View Full Version : Soloing from 54 to 60: tstaff or not?

Hisamori
12-12-2019, 01:57 AM
I found a tstaff tonight. Walked in and warlord was holding it on second drawbridge.

So do I keep it or sell it? I am looking at it as a tool to reach 60, not necessarily as a raid weapon.

Other info: have fungi, epic, seahorse belt, SoS in bag and average droppable gear (BPS most slots etc.) Sitting at 20 weight with staff, have 2 tink bags. So not sure if there is anything significant I can buy with the coin.

The proc seems bananas so far, really cuts down mob dps. But is there any critical upgrades that might help I am not thinking of?

Thanks - His

isoka
12-12-2019, 04:36 AM
keep it, get to 60, and then rethink about keeping or selling.

wagorf
12-12-2019, 06:10 AM
no nothing will drastically improve your solo experience even tho theres still tons of items you can get for better stats/hp

you are at the point where each upgrade is gonna be costly or takes a lot of effort

i twinked my monk with fungi/cof/rbg/eyepatch plunder/living thunder/circlet fanilken/bracer benevolence/tstaff/full ss and leveled to 60, and im willing to bet you can solo and level almost as good as me

i still use tstaff at 60, for aggro and post patch better dps

kjs86z
12-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Yes.

Super bonus if you unequip in between swings for a round of fist.

Jimjam
12-12-2019, 08:05 AM
If you already have fungus/epic/worn haste what else would you really spend the money on? DS pots?

Freakish
12-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Keep it. I have a 60 monk with much better weapons from velious and I still have one banked on the chance I'm trying to solo something sub 55. That long duration stun is amazing.

Now if there's something desperate you're after and you need the money...well. You can always sell it and buy it back later.

Wallicker
12-12-2019, 10:32 AM
The only thing I could think of getting that could significantly improve QoL when soloing in dungeon would be an anklesmasher for snaring fleeing mobs but easy to get around that in most situations. Also if 1h - 2h swapping consider an AC for the chance of more stuns on those 1h hits!

Troxx
12-12-2019, 10:36 AM
TStaff is best in slot for dps AND tanking as a monk until you have access to VP/NToV 2handers or a dual wield combination at the NTOV level.

It beats out Blam stick, double sky fists or epic paired with any other weapon of comparable tier.

Keep it.

Wallicker
12-12-2019, 10:46 AM
TStaff is best in slot for dps AND tanking as a monk until you have access to VP/NToV 2handers or a dual wield combination at the NTOV level.

It beats out Blam stick, double sky fists or epic paired with any other weapon of comparable tier.

Keep it.

I agree you should keep it, it was obviously a Christmas gift from KC to you! Cheers.

Snaggles
12-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Grats on the find bud :D!

Yea, BiS for most of the game content. Solo, grouping with an aggro tank, duo with a healer/sham, etc. That stun works often when others dont too which might save the group from a gater.

You have easy alternatives for raiding. For 6-man groups with a less than optimal warrior you can flop the aggro or just wait for like 90% before starting in.

The filthy-casual monk trifecta is easy:
* Epic
* Fungi
* T-staff

An IFS will fill out that combo more or less but a T-staff is upgrading your Jim Beam to some high end Scotch. Savor and enjoy.

PS: I'd sell the IFS and get a scrubby MR set. If you do a lot of pulling shrugging off those roots, blinds, and slows is easier when buffed to around 150mr. I bet you could swap it with a little plat for a Tranix crown.

Bardp1999
12-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Using your fists and then equiping in the Tstaff for 1 hit then switching back to fists over and over will be a big DPS increase. Its fun Fist dpsing and then clicking in a double attack of 200 + 200 and then going back to fists. Tstaff would be cool also if it procs when you do this, althought I would think the chances are low.

Hisamori
12-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Thanks, guys. I used the staff a bit in my usual spots. After some procs started landing, I am seeing the value. I'll hang onto it.

Cheers.

Troxx
12-12-2019, 06:22 PM
The aggro is not problematic even with a low aggro warrior tanking. I have a flop/stand/attack macro. Dropping aggro for monks is trivial. If FD fails ... it’s not like monks are squishy. Quite the opposite, a good monk likely takes less damage than a warrior with poor aggro potential.

But yeah it’s a monster for aggro. Frostreaver is a beast at 42/43 with 125dd stun. TStaff is 120dd/stun and 29/30. 30 delay is right at a sweet spot and generates more white aggro threat than Frostreaver. Very few warrior weapon setups (practically none) can compete with TStaff. It allows monks to hold aggro when they choose to. They can always dump it if they don’t want it.

Hisamori
12-12-2019, 07:28 PM
The white damage isn't bad, either. It's a lot more manageable than IFS. 30 delay down to 17.2 or so with 74% total self-buffed haste doesn't seem quite so languid.