PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Charm soloing at 12lvl

SewingMachine
12-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Tried to charm solo at 12 today but I use all of my mana to do it, and thats if nothing goes wrong. Should i just give up and use my pet untill I get some more mana ? Also having a hard time finding a place. I really dont want to go to CB again. Maybe go to unrest and kill yard trash?

Tecmos Deception
12-06-2019, 10:09 PM
It's very difficult before 20ish.

If nothing goes wrong it should work though. One charm, one root, an invis or dispel, and two nukes isn't your whole mana bar especially with med ticks after the charm but before the root.

DMN
12-07-2019, 09:20 AM
If you are untwinked it's not even worth it until 30ish. Stop trying and go get your pets. You are just wasting your time.

Velerin
12-07-2019, 01:28 PM
The level 12 and 16 pet are pretty strong especially if you summon until you get a good one (daggers are cheap). I found it was better and faster to use it than charm until level 20 or so. 60 mana is big at level 12, not so much at 20. Plus at 12 what you’re charming prob is not even as good as your pet.

SewingMachine
12-07-2019, 02:35 PM
So I tried just using my pet and Mem Blur + Nuking worked super well.

Snaggles
12-08-2019, 08:56 AM
At that level I’d summon pet and bum buffs by the WC Druid ring. Anything long duration that increases the pets hps will trivialize fights. If on blue find a ranger and get call of earth too, a 4pt DS that lasts like an hour.

tankboyt
12-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Was gonna try charming but at 12 I'm munching through even and high blues with just animation and dot. I have only raw silk gear so we'll see if charming as inefficient as everyone says at lower levels I'll just continue on with what I'm doing.

On a side note do we have to wait til Kunark release for breeze and clarity?

SewingMachine
12-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Was gonna try charming but at 12 I'm munching through even and high blues with just animation and dot. I have only raw silk gear so we'll see if charming as inefficient as everyone says at lower levels I'll just continue on with what I'm doing.

On a side note do we have to wait til Kunark release for breeze and clarity?

Breeze Yes
Clarity No

These are the hard truths

I am lvl 16 now Charming isnt worth it unless you have really good gear you blow through so much many. Its way easier to just get your Animation and do what ever.

The best result I had was Fighting high blues pull with tash, root, Attack Slow let my pet beat on him while i med. When the mob is at 30ish% memb blur and nuke.

I am at 16 now was thinking of doing the same thing but going to upper guk. and try charming again. but we will see.

Veikuri
12-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Is there a guide on how to effectively exp with your pet? My Enchanter is level 5 and I see we get a 50% exp penatly if the pet does more than 50% of the damage. Is there a way around that for animations?

What I've been doing is having my pet fight a white/high blue mob while I run around killing blues. Is that proper or am I missing something?

SewingMachine
12-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Is there a guide on how to effectively exp with your pet? My Enchanter is level 5 and I see we get a 50% exp penatly if the pet does more than 50% of the damage. Is there a way around that for animations?

What I've been doing is having my pet fight a white/high blue mob while I run around killing blues. Is that proper or am I missing something?

I would just murder blues. with your pet take the 50% hit. Its better because your spells cost alot to get to 51% dmg. I would just assist your pet in getting kills and moving on. I focused on CB and getting belts. My Idea was pet cant take 50% of the exp from turn in quests. So if he helped me killl orc Cent. then I can just turn those in and call it good. Worked for me until lvl 12.

Veikuri
12-11-2019, 01:30 PM
I would just murder blues. with your pet take the 50% hit. Its better because your spells cost alot to get to 51% dmg. I would just assist your pet in getting kills and moving on. I focused on CB and getting belts. My Idea was pet cant take 50% of the exp from turn in quests. So if he helped me killl orc Cent. then I can just turn those in and call it good. Worked for me until lvl 12.

As a dark elf enchanter should I care about the faction hit?

SewingMachine
12-11-2019, 03:10 PM
As a dark elf enchanter should I care about the faction hit?

Seems that the Indigo Brotherhood is a DE warrior guild. If you start murdering Orc you might be KOS with them so going to your home town, you could get around but might have to dodge the warrior guild. I would not go to CB as a DE. Sorry man. But you could try, let me know how it goes. Information is below.

"Indigo Brotherhood
The Dark Elf Warriors Guild. The Indigo Brotherhood has struck an alliance with the Crushbone Orcs, sending their Ambassador to Emperor Crush himself. It remains to be seen what will come of it.

The Guildhall of the Indigo Brotherhood can be found in the Neriak Commons. The guildmaster Seloxia Punox leads the guild in the opposition of the Emerald Warriors of Kelethin and the Steel Warriors of of Qeynos and Freeport. Dark Elf warriors also learn young to hunt the Halfling Leatherfoot Raiders who have invaded their Nektulos Forest.

As a rule, you can gain faction with most of the Human and Elvish warrior guilds by annoying these folk."

From P99 WIKI
Factions
Crushbone Orcs (-30)
Indigo Brotherhood (-30)
Opposing Factions
Emerald Warriors (10)
Faydark's Champions (10)
Storm Guard (10)

Tecmos Deception
12-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Not positive but I'm pretty sure my first enchanter was kos with the indigo bros and was fine. When you cross the bridge and turn left in neriak commons to go to caster guild and bank, just do that. Don't turn right.

Meiva
12-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Ya, with DE illusion I'm good in Neriak, except for that one time I stumbled in to the war guild for a backpack. There isn't any need to go to that guild though.

Christina.
01-02-2020, 01:45 AM
Charm sisters in lfay by mm zoneline. Can easily break the camp and if something goes wrong Zoning is right there. I did this on an enchanter from 12-16 ...will take a min to get it down but once u mastered it, it's gold and you'll make a few hundred pp

zaneosak
01-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Interesting people saying animation pets are better until later. Made an enc alt but am exclusively duoing with a cleric. Can we start regular charm at 12?

Christina.
01-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Interesting people saying animation pets are better until later. Made an enc alt but am exclusively duoing with a cleric. Can we start regular charm at 12?

Its always a dare-y type thing. A risk/reward factor..although i haven't played in awhile I do remember starting my charming at 12 I never used animation ever in my enchanter life lol

I found it fun as a 12 enchanter an being stronger than all the other classes that were 12 because I could charm something that hit for 35-40 plowin thru stuff lol