PDA

View Full Version : Bard AoE spot for Level 22? Help

Wynd
12-05-2019, 06:37 PM
Hello.

I did not want to AoE swarm (4 atm i know) kite, but atlas it seems like its the fastest method i can find.

I've done beetles until now and I'm level 22 on Teal server. ( so not kunark just classic )

Can anyone give me recommendation on where I can kite at 22?

I've tried Aviaks, but some of them have different run speeds and its alot of pain.

The EK spiders are always almost camped so its hard to find mobs.

Any recommendation will be appreciated!

Thank you.

Wallicker
12-05-2019, 08:42 PM
PM me I dare not post my secret spots in public

zipidi
12-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Walllicker probably knows some awesome spots that I dont, but for the commonly known;
South Karana was all I could find that was consistent.
22ish you can look out for bull elephants and aviak rooks. Could add in harriers too, but they will have more hp/resists
24+ focus aviak harriers, gnolls around paw
26+ same but you can add aviak avocets easilly
26+ you can also kill quillmane if you see him. i killed him twice whilst leveling here. no cloak though. Groi gutblade (drops invis rings) is possible to solo at 26 too. just fear kite once you have healed from the DT.
Avoid:
Aviak Egrets and Darters. They are lower lvl and run faster
Centuar. These guys shoot arrows non stop. Even two even cons will bring you low pretty fast. They also run fast. Not sure if one type of them doesnt shoot arrows, i just avoided them.
Final note - can sell at top of aviak spire. Also save the numbered (lore) scrolls from the paw gnolls. They hand in to Qeynos for good xp or sell to players for pp.

workbench
12-12-2019, 04:29 PM
I believe EK is where you want to be. gnolls in the south west, wolves

Wallicker
12-12-2019, 04:58 PM
I’ll reveal my 3 21-35 “spots” after tomorrow when my second bard hits lvl 35. One of which I haven’t seen a single soul besides myself kill since starting here

keithjinternet
12-12-2019, 05:05 PM
I’ll reveal my 3 21-35 “spots” after tomorrow when my second bard hits lvl 35. One of which I haven’t seen a single soul besides myself kill since starting here

How are you kiting? Do you use Selo’s? Or just strafe?

Wallicker
12-12-2019, 05:57 PM
I use selos or sow

Wynd
12-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Thank you everyone for the recommendations~!

I ended up just going to MM pond group and learning to pull and cc.

Now i'm 26 and having a blast grouping and fear kiting in MM.

When i get charm , i hope to use it alot!

BenDerisgreat
12-13-2019, 09:15 AM

1 more day until the big reveal!

BenDerisgreat
12-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Times up!

Wallicker
12-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Due to popular demand from friends and family I will not be releasing all the good spots, however I can give one spot that’s great xp 21-35. In Lfay there is 7 woodelves (in the same house people sell in) they are lvl 25 and on a 6 minute timer. NO ONE ever kills these. Loot isn’t good but you can do a kite of 4 and kite of 3 off to the side by the wall. The pull takes maybe 30 seconds and by the time one set dies the other spawns. This is faster than SolA/Highkeep group BY FAR. I was getting 1.5 yellows an hr in the hell lvl of 30 with hybrid penalty of 40%. Lvl 31-34 closer to 2 yellows per hr. This camp is always open, no one will fuck with you and you will level super fast. More spots to come.

astuce999
12-14-2019, 03:21 PM
Due to popular demand from friends and family I will not be releasing all the good spots, however I can give one spot that’s great xp 21-35. In Lfay there is 7 woodelves (in the same house people sell in) they are lvl 25 and on a 6 minute timer. NO ONE ever kills these. Loot isn’t good but you can do a kite of 4 and kite of 3 off to the side by the wall. The pull takes maybe 30 seconds and by the time one set dies the other spawns. This is faster than SolA/Highkeep group BY FAR. I was getting 1.5 yellows an hr in the hell lvl of 30 with hybrid penalty of 40%. Lvl 31-34 closer to 2 yellows per hr. This camp is always open, no one will fuck with you and you will level super fast. More spots to come.

No faction? I know Glidara Millar close by doesn't give faction when she dies, and I killed her a million times, but I was always afraid I'd be banned from kelethin if I killed those.

The Tier Dal Elites are great too, but they are on an hour timer.

cheers,

Astuce

Wallicker
12-14-2019, 03:29 PM
No faction? I know Glidara Millar close by doesn't give faction when she dies, and I killed her a million times, but I was always afraid I'd be banned from kelethin if I killed those.

The Tier Dal Elites are great too, but they are on an hour timer.

cheers,

Astuce

How are mobs on a 1hr timer a great leveling spot? The place I mentioned is 7 mobs every 6 minutes, you will not find a faster solo leveling spot consistently open

BenDerisgreat
12-14-2019, 05:16 PM
How are mobs on a 1hr timer a great leveling spot? The place I mentioned is 7 mobs every 6 minutes, you will not find a faster solo leveling spot consistently open

Whats the faction hit on em?

BenDerisgreat
12-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Nvm - wiki says faction hit against merchants of felwithe, kelethin, and emerald warriors. Back to antonica i go!

Wallicker
12-14-2019, 06:19 PM
As a bard you have sneak / hide / invis and the single strongest faction buff in the game there is legit no reason you need woodelf faction

BenDerisgreat
01-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Ready to release another sweet spot? I’m about to hit 34 and am farming HGs in NK to make up the money i didnt make while at this camp.

Wallicker
01-01-2020, 12:31 PM
34 you can still charm kill in SolA, you can charm kill 4th floor guards in highkeep, you can swarm or charm the Butcherblock dwarfs at the docks and at the ruins near docks, you can swarm oggok guards easy to keep all 12 down before repops, you can charm kill the 4 6min spawn specters in Oot. Great duo with a Druid as they can keep them ensnared whilst you just kill and use the new spawn to finish off lower hp previous pet(if you solo charm just mez both at low hp, then snare, snare, fear, pbaoe dot to finish both off for full xp. All of these camps are solid xp and loot. These camps can take you to 42-46 depending on which you are at and I’ve got some spots to get ya from there to 50 as well let me know when ya ding 42 :)

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
01-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Ahh bards, Norrath’s cancer.

BenDerisgreat
01-01-2020, 06:02 PM
34 you can still charm kill in SolA, you can charm kill 4th floor guards in highkeep, you can swarm or charm the Butcherblock dwarfs at the docks and at the ruins near docks, you can swarm oggok guards easy to keep all 12 down before repops, you can charm kill the 4 6min spawn specters in Oot. Great duo with a Druid as they can keep them ensnared whilst you just kill and use the new spawn to finish off lower hp previous pet(if you solo charm just mez both at low hp, then snare, snare, fear, pbaoe dot to finish both off for full xp. All of these camps are solid xp and loot. These camps can take you to 42-46 depending on which you are at and I’ve got some spots to get ya from there to 50 as well let me know when ya ding 42 :)

Thanks for the intel. Charm killing in sol A was a huge failure. Barely made it out with a train of 6 so i should probably find a better spot. Im gonna start gathering all the bits and pieces for my lambent set and head to BB for some dwarf parts.

zaneosak
01-08-2020, 09:55 AM
To the OP. You can kite the red gnolls and aviaks in south karana around 25 all the way to the early 30s

Vador981
02-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Can you swarm kite hill giants? Never tried just curious... money is scarce =/

BenDerisgreat
02-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Ding, ding, ding - lvl42. What other magical spots you have? Im guessing seafuries are now worthwhile.

Velerin
02-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Question regarding bard AoE. Obviously with no limit targets bard AE was crazy exp but if you made 1 slip instadeath. However bards still seem to be doing good soloing 4 at a time. Doesn’t it take the same amount of time as mass AE before change? Is it just more forgiving so you can take a few hits here and there? Less deaths more exp?

Mignart
02-10-2020, 07:54 AM
@BenDerisgreat & @Vador981 - You can swarm HGs / SGs etc but you need to be very very careful. It takes some serious practice to range the PBAoEs right or you will get constantly hit. I'd even avoid using the shorter range Chord of Dissonance just to be safe.

But again - once you get charm, why even bother doing swarming? I used to attempt to swarm the Oggok guards 4 at a time with success, but once I practiced charming, it went at least 5x faster.

Mignart
02-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Sorry not to stray from the original intention of this post:
Lvl 25 - 35: I was lucky enough to swarm gnolls in SK during very dead hours before merge. Probably less possible now.
Lvl 35 - 50: I would either swarm Oggok Guards (and later charm), do spectres in Oasis, or run around and kill SG's. Not sure there are many options for swarming mobs in the later levels.

Wallicker
02-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Oggok Guards, Gfay Guards, BB dock/ruin dwarfs, you can charm solo highkeep 4th floor, SolB entrance to window room all the kobolds are charm killable just avoid anything with solusek in its name, at lvl 42 you can solo Boshinko easily in Highkeep, at 42 you can also easily hold down 2 IG spawns in everfrost or one if super camped, there’s also barbs you can kill in everfrost on 6 min timer, charm killing specs in OoT getting full xp for all 4 every 6 mins is easy too, you can go too the back hallway in MM and do all those gargoyles til like 42ish.

MikeXG
02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Oggok Guards, Gfay Guards, BB dock/ruin dwarfs, you can charm solo highkeep 4th floor, SolB entrance to window room all the kobolds are charm killable just avoid anything with solusek in its name, at lvl 42 you can solo Boshinko easily in Highkeep, at 42 you can also easily hold down 2 IG spawns in everfrost or one if super camped, there’s also barbs you can kill in everfrost on 6 min timer, charm killing specs in OoT getting full xp for all 4 every 6 mins is easy too, you can go too the back hallway in MM and do all those gargoyles til like 42ish.

I've done a lot of these on Bard myself, good spots. GFay guards though? Kelethin? Need to worry about faction at all with that or anything in Highkeep?

Wallicker
02-14-2020, 06:40 AM
bards have invis, sneak,lull, and a 600+ faction boost song. Fear not what you kill my friend.

PS. The lift guards are MR immune so avoid those 6 + the Captain.