PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone tethering officially allowed on p99?

Maelfyn
12-03-2019, 09:21 AM
For those that don't know, you can connect your desktop/laptop using a cell phone's 4G connection using what's called a tethering feature. Your desktop will get a different IP address than your home internet. That means that you can connect to as many EQ clients from one physical address without a problem. All you need are enough computers and tethering-enabled cell phones.

My question is are the p99 staff okay with this as long as bot-like activity, or "self-partying", is not going? Is it legit as long as it's one player per account? I figured this was the case. Let me know if it's not because I was planning to make a video about it.

Ekl_Mortain
12-03-2019, 09:37 AM
So you may be trying to assist the P99 staff. But Fairly certain the Only thing this benefits is ban evasions. So i don't know why you would post this nor make a video on it. Not for here anyway.

Ingosoff
12-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Boxing is not allowed period. 1 person, 1 account logged in.
How people try to circumvent that nevertheless (VPN, tethering) does not change shit. Hopefully and quite sureley so, the admins know all the tricks and swing the hammer if need be.

Asteria
12-03-2019, 07:17 PM
For those that don't know, you can connect your desktop/laptop using a cell phone's 4G connection using what's called a tethering feature. Your desktop will get a different IP address than your home internet.

For those that don't know, many rural and mobile Americans' ONLY source of home internet is their cellphone. This means if they want to use a PC in their home or vehicle, a tethered cell phone connection is their HOME internet. I'd guess the mods probably already knew this though, hence the situation here that has existed for 10 years.

Ashes
12-12-2019, 11:49 PM
Boxing is not allowed period. 1 person, 1 account logged in.
How people try to circumvent that nevertheless (VPN, tethering) does not change shit. Hopefully and quite sureley so, the admins know all the tricks and swing the hammer if need be.

he never said anything about doing something to get himself banned you absolute cretin

Ashes
12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
So you may be trying to assist the P99 staff. But Fairly certain the Only thing this benefits is ban evasions. So i don't know why you would post this nor make a video on it. Not for here anyway.

youre wrong and youre projecting your own wishes to break the rules thats why you imply so much without answering the question/ you should be banned from responding to technical questions

greenspectre
12-13-2019, 05:01 AM
I mean, that would be a pretty sweet LAN party.

Ganjar
12-13-2019, 11:42 PM
LAN PARTY ! LAN PARTY!

PROXY ROXY!