PDA

View Full Version : What was your WORST day in EQ???

Caminy
10-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Was soloing in the Oasis on my cleric, Baladina. Think I was around level 16. Thought I would be smart and bind at the docks incase I died to a gator or something.

Well what happened "TRAIN TO NRO!!!". OMG a Sand_Giant_01!!

So quickly I dive into the water to try and swim away, btw Sand Giants dont have to swim, so he smashed me. "Loading Please Wait"...smash dead...repeat about 15 times. I didnt even have time to type /exit after respawn. By the time I got my computer unplugged I think I was level 13. I cried a little =(

Villert
10-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Playing on Rallos - I was camping Kedge on my necro. Almost nobody ever goes in that zone - and with DMF on, I figured I was pretty safe to run down the street to the store really quick. I was wrong.

I, for a reason I still can't figure out to this day, bound myself slightly underwater before zoning in to Kedge. Someone or something killed me while I was gone - leading to a chain of deaths I will never forget. (For those that don't know, if you die from drowning once, and spawn underwater, you still have no breath).

Long story short, I deleveled from 54 to 37 while buying milk. This was also unique because it MUST have been the first and only time my computer navigated the loading screen more than twice without crashing. All in all, it's pretty funny looking back at it now - not so much at the time.

Deathrydar
10-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Six days ago, when I learned that my level 22 Cleric's corpse had rotted. :(

Dreadder
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Back in 2001 on my druid I was outside Dalnirs Crypt and I had just gotten my level 19 healing spell. It enabled me to heal for groups inside of Dalnirs and I was happy because I would finally get an invite. Then on the way in one of those ape things killed me and I deleveled to 18. I attempted to kill one to get back to 19 and I did. Then I died again and hit 18! This repeated about 5 or 6 more times.

Edit - Although I'm not sure if that would be considered my WORST day. Just the more annoying one I can remember.

President
10-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Playing on Rallos - I was camping Kedge on my necro. Almost nobody ever goes in that zone - and with DMF on, I figured I was pretty safe to run down the street to the store really quick. I was wrong.

I, for a reason I still can't figure out to this day, bound myself slightly underwater before zoning in to Kedge. Someone or something killed me while I was gone - leading to a chain of deaths I will never forget. (For those that don't know, if you die from drowning once, and spawn underwater, you still have no breath).

Long story short, I deleveled from 54 to 37 while buying milk. This was also unique because it MUST have been the first and only time my computer navigated the loading screen more than twice without crashing. All in all, it's pretty funny looking back at it now - not so much at the time.

Oh my god... Did you quit? Jesus that would have pissed me off...

My worst story isn't much like yalls, back in the day I didn't do a whole lot of work leveling my characters, in fact I don't think I ever got a character past level 40ish on my own. I would generally buy/trade characters as I worked while going to school and could never keep up with friends.

Anyway... I had just bought a level 45 or so Necro and was leveling him up. I got into a good guild and was level 53 or so. I had geared him up and played for a couple months. Right after the plane of hate revamp, my guild was the first one to go in. About 3 hours into the raid I got disconnected. The account had been taken back by the seller after like 3 months, I'm sure he enjoyed the gear I got him.

So after that happened, there was a guild member who owned a warrior who had "quit." His corpse had rotted (can't remember if that is why he quit or if it was part of his quitting) but anyway he was COMPLETELY naked. He "felt bad" my char had just gotten jacked and sold me his naked warrior cheap. i Spent the next few months leveling and gearing him back up and was becoming one of the better warriors in the guild. Then, he decided to reclaim his now heavily geared warrior and start playing again.

Anyway, was about 6 months + $ spent on accounts totally wasted. Well not completely wasted, I called Sony. After telling them about how I bought the accounts etc. etc. they banned them.

Dreadder
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I called Sony. After telling them about how I bought the accounts etc. etc. they banned them.

Thats some awesome revenge right there.

Nytewind TP
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I hate thinking back on this day. Many would just claim it was just dumb EQ luck, but pride killed me.

I played an Iksar Monk, loved him etc. I had the normal skills maxed like Mend, Sneak, FD, ID, etc. Up to that point I was able to pull Hate, Fear, Growth, along with Vindi and AoW without problems.

I get a /tell from an old friend that his guild was going after the General in Kith for the rogue epic piece. Could I just pull the General. I was like sure, no problem, piece of cake.

Well, my day started bad and went to worse.

I ended up with not one, but two bad pulls that ended up pretty much wiping out his entire guild/raid party twice. So not only did I look bad in front of my friend that asked me to pull I also looked like an ass to his guildmembers.

After the second crash, I /camped... Rolled up a Necro and soloed him all the way to 50+ before I ever logged my monk back into the game.

Tananthalas
10-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I have three they all turned out well in the end but man they were rough days.

I played a ranger on Vallon Zek from 00-05. I loved exploring everywhere and everything. One day I was exploring Paineel after I had factioned up and was wondering what would happen if I jumped off the big cliff by the zone in from Toxxulia. I had levitate on so I assumed I would land safely...heh, I landed at Yael's feet. My guild (being the awesome people they are) led a Hole raid to get my body. It ended up being a good thing as Yael dropped the Earthquake axe I think.

A while later I went exploring Kael Drakkel and figured out what could see invis and what couldn't. So I went running around all over the place looking and seeing what was what. I learned that day that the banker sees invis and I died at his feet somehow instead of the edge of his aggro range. So my guild led another raid to grab my body being the awesome people they were.

When I finally hit 52 I got to go on a HoT raid in ToV. Everything in ToV loved mesince I killed so many evil giants so I explored west wing and decided to explore the North wing...man I was stupid. I somehow made it a decent way into NToV before I suddenly was attacked (I never conned anything I assumed it all still loved me) and was killed where I stood. So after a long yelling session (thank god we didn't use TS or Vent) my guild went and got my corpse in NToV.

On the upside at that time a GM could have ported me to any zone in the game world and I'd know exactly where I was and how to get home. I also learned every sweet spot in the game to track pretty much any named I wanted (including Zlandicar from the top of DN which up to that time people thought was impossible).

Vonyor
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I want to say I was in the mid 30s at the time; a wizard friend and myself were using levitate to explore the Ocean of Tears. We got separated on an island when my wizard friend started yelling for help. I immediately started searching for her and found her being chased by a giant lizard, Allizewsaur.

Needless to say we both died. Having been running around aimlessly we had no idea where we died. We spent hours just trying to find the island and hours more trying to find where on the ocean floor our corpses were.

Vonyor
10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Anyway, was about 6 months + $ spent on accounts totally wasted. Well not completely wasted, I called Sony. After telling them about how I bought the accounts etc. etc. they banned them.

Buying accounts is pretty stupid in the first place, but why didn't you change the default email and password on them so they couldn't just steal them back?

President
10-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Buying accounts is pretty stupid in the first place, but why didn't you change the default email and password on them so they couldn't just steal them back?

Oh I know now.. and of course I did change email and pw.. all you needed to do was call in with your original cd key and get your account back.

Nizzarr
10-30-2009, 04:07 PM
My worst day in Everquest:

I was pulling plane of fear for the 30th-35th time. In all those times, I never got the Druid breastplate to drop, I think it was called vermiculated breastplate.

So finally one drops and I win the roll, then lowbie druid that already got a couple of piece in that raid proceed to ninja the breastplate and go linkdead.

I never got to loot a Vermiculated breastplate until way late in velious.. when I had the dragon faction breastplate. *sigh*

Glam
10-31-2009, 06:07 AM
My first fear raid was a pain, we runned in and started to kill first mob at safe spot.

we had 2 monk, me(nec) and some Sk as FD to do run in safe.

Some newbie pulled (think it was a mage) some 2-3 mobs from portal when he runned in and after that we hade like a 6-8 houers corpse run before all in guild have get all there armor/corpses loted and raid was off ofc.

Just that time we scrued it up all other raids was good even in hate...........

Cribanox
10-31-2009, 09:46 AM
It was my first month in EQ, back in 1999 December. I had never played an online game before, and very few RPGs at that point (I was in 8th grade). I had gotten the game thanks to a friend in my class who had talked me into it. Anyway it was winter break from school and I got the game for christmas. I was running around west freeport, and somehow ended up in one of those places in east freeport or something where no one goes, near some canopys and merchants.

It was a foggy day, or it was raining, so I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of my character. I was so lost and confused and no one in shout could really help me. So I started a petition and a GM eventually contacted me and tried getting me out by talking to me. I had no clue where I was, so after about 5 minutes I saw something I would never see in my EQ life again...

YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
LOADING.... PLEASE WAIT.

He summoned me in front of the west freeport gates.

I know it wasn't big deal stuff like de leveling 20 times but it was probably the biggest anxiety attack Ive ever had in EQ.

President
10-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Lol thats a good one Crib... i started in 9th grade with some friends who were in Qeynos, but they told me to make a high elf enchanter. The first two days I played were traversing the continents to make it to my friends. I don't think I've ever had that level of constant "fear of dying" in a game then that.