PDA

View Full Version : Please sign the Nickelodeon Petition

Ashimar
04-22-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/jnb9/petition.html

I know this should be in off-topic, but im willing to accept any consequences to let the main chat people see this. Thanks.

During the 1980s and early 1990s we grew up watching the greatest network on TV at that time: Nickelodeon. Now we, Nick's earliest fans, call upon Nick to return to the air the shows that made them what they are today. These shows include, but are not limited too: Adventures of Pete and Pete, Adventures of the Little Koala, Adventures of Tin Tin, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Belle and Sebastian, Count Duckula, Danger Mouse, Double Dare, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Hey Dude, Little Prince, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Out of Control, Pinwheel, Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, Today's Special, and You Can't Do That on Television, as well as live-action and animated shorts (Bananaman, early Pete and Pete, etc.). By bringing these shows back, Nickelodeon would be doing a great service to both long time Nick fans, and the new generation of Nick fans, whom they could catch on with. We realize there are some copyright issues among some of these, and we know that it might not be feasible to create a whole new network for them (though that would be great!), but if Nick can air them during a special weekend, or even release them to video, it would be wonderful. By signing this petition you state that you agree that these shows should return to the air.

Rhambuk
04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Isn't that nicktoons? or whatever...

Also how could you leave out Doug? Rocko? Angry Beavers!!?

so many of the greats forgotten.

Trannce715
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
O donkey lips how i miss thee.

Hobby
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Catdog, Hey Arnold...

Dr4z3r
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
O donkey lips how i miss thee.

moklianne
04-22-2011, 10:45 AM
True, the only recent cartoon that was watchable on the Nick stations was Avatar: The last Airbender. It ended last year or the year before I think. But, yeah, the station is utterly useless these days.

Its the end result of trying to hard to not offend anyone race/creed/nationality. Think of Dexter's lab and his accent, "will this insult anyone's nationality?" or "is Ren and Stimpy too gross?" In the end you get programs that are boring. It feels like they just extrapolated Sesame Street up like 10 years. Most parents are okay with this I guess, its weird. I'd rather have my kids watch thought provoking anime (not all of it is) instead of 98% of the crap on TV these days.

Divarin
04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't know about the others but you can watch the mysterious cities of gold on hulu or netflix

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
What about Legends of the Hidden Temple? GO SILVER SNAKES!~

Hobby
04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
LotHT was a blast to watch...

GUTS was also good...

Ashane
04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
as much as i love all of these shows, money talks...and i don't ever see Nickelodeon being convinced it'd be worthwhile to invest the time/effort/resources to try and make money on kids shows that are horribly outdated and probably only marketable to people who grew up in the 90s. sorry, but i think Nick @ Nite is the closest you're gonna get to this (Fresh Prince!)

i've got all these shows on VHS/avi anyway. who cares about TV. torrent much? :P

EDIT: oh anyone remember Nick Arcade? haha god that show was ridiculous.

jyaku
04-22-2011, 01:34 PM
they are releasing most of these things on DVD now. there is a channel on COX cable in RI that has a bunch of these old shows.

also, roundhouse was the shit along with all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUBCoDfj1k - everyday french!

Stibe
04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
teletoon retro. Think cartoon network has a retro timeslot/channel aswell.

Ihealyou
04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Spongebob is funny imo, and Adventure Time on Cartoon Network is another good cartoon. I think Ren & Stimpy is on Netflix. That show is fucked up

Airdefier
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Doug, LotHT, Guts were all my favorites. So was Ren and Stimpy Rocko's modern life.... good times

Lasher
04-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Forget Nick. Where is MTV's The Maxx, Aeon flux, The Head, darias life, Beavis and butthead

Devoboy
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh my gosh, I LOVED Danger Mouse. Stupid Barron Von Greenback!

Double Dare & Are you afraid of the dark were great, too.

DevonG
04-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Catdog

So..... which is the end that eats? and which... is the end... that... well...

ereur
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
You forgot Hey Dude. This and Salute your shorts were the best shows on old school Nick.

girth
04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.failedsuccess.com/images/salute_shorts_2.jpg
http://theechochamberblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/10875058_tml.jpeg

fanadyen
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Look it up on time magazine, starting in the fall from i believe it is midnight untill early morning Nickeldeon will be playing salute your shorts, all that etc.