PDA

View Full Version : [Green] What should a mage spend plat on?

WaffleztheAndal
11-15-2019, 05:23 PM
I have about 3k banked, level 35 currently. Have an fbr, obsidian hoops, sac dagger, Stein of moggok, Thex dagger, kobold hide boots, the cloak from the frog ritualist in guk, some low int rings, 10hp10mana bracers, nothing on my face slot, and raw silk in the rest of my slots.

What would make the most difference for me to try and get next? I was saving for more research words but patches are coming to put some pet spells back on vendors.

the_only_jake
11-15-2019, 08:05 PM
multiple root nets , WC cap cover 2 of mages flaws

zillabunny
11-28-2019, 04:22 AM
How u make so much? I'm lvl 30 with 600 plat total

Wallicker
11-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Root nets, WC cap, mallet, sow pots. These will give you a significant edge in camp solo ability and safety.

Blingy
11-29-2019, 01:42 PM
How u make so much? I'm lvl 30 with 600 plat total

Not OP but starting at level 20 I went to Sol A. Make all the WR bags you can and kill goblins. Some drop fine steel weapons, some drop ore, most drop nothing more than a bit of coin. Goblins are good plat. It's dangerous until you figure everything out; even then it's dicey. However once you get the hang of the zone it's a lot of fun.

Wallicker
11-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Kill guard Chopin in Highkeep from 24-35 and you will have 3-5k easy plus out level your friends

Siege
11-29-2019, 09:28 PM
I have about 3k banked, level 35 currently. Have an fbr, obsidian hoops, sac dagger, Stein of moggok, Thex dagger, kobold hide boots, the cloak from the frog ritualist in guk, some low int rings, 10hp10mana bracers, nothing on my face slot, and raw silk in the rest of my slots.

What would make the most difference for me to try and get next? I was saving for more research words but patches are coming to put some pet spells back on vendors.
Not all pets will be available on vendors at each rank and nobody knows when the patch is going to go live. You need to grind Research to get max-level water pet anyway, so you might as well grind it out now. That should be your first priority. A Mage can level naked, but playing without water pet (your best all-around pet) is going end up gimping you pretty hard.

Polycaster
11-30-2019, 09:24 PM
+int gear to twink out your necro

Balimon
12-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Honestly you're better off camping most of your gear at this point and saving your cash for later. My mage is 35 as well and your gear is similar to mine. The only item I bought was a Shimmering Orb (besides some JC stuff) because I skipped Uguk for that range and it isn't easily solo camped atm with the group situations.

Christina.
01-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Not OP but starting at level 20 I went to Sol A. Make all the WR bags you can and kill goblins. Some drop fine steel weapons, some drop ore, most drop nothing more than a bit of coin. Goblins are good plat. It's dangerous until you figure everything out; even then it's dicey. However once you get the hang of the zone it's a lot of fun.

Majority of my EQ life I've main'd magicians, I haven't played in a long time but if I remember correctly you want to kill the elf sisters in OoT at 24 I think it is, you'll make a few thousand PP from 24-29 easily. They drop 2x steel weapons that sell for 11pp each

Blingy
01-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Majority of my EQ life I've main'd magicians, I haven't played in a long time but if I remember correctly you want to kill the elf sisters in OoT at 24 I think it is, you'll make a few thousand PP from 24-29 easily. They drop 2x steel weapons that sell for 11pp each

I'm a gnome and prefer to keep my good elf faction in tact. :)

Christina.
01-02-2020, 05:58 PM
I'm a gnome and prefer to keep my good elf faction in tact. :)

It isn't all elf's! It's only certain ones in kelethin 😋

For aka'non!

YendorLootmonkey
01-02-2020, 07:52 PM
If you aren't and don't plan to be in Seal Team, start saving up for your Crown of Elemental Mastery from Plane of Sky.

Christina.
01-02-2020, 09:45 PM
If you aren't and don't plan to be in Seal Team, start saving up for your Crown of Elemental Mastery from Plane of Sky.

This is true. If you don't join a raid guild save save save for this item! Our epic is like having a baby hulk in your pocket ��

Adron
04-01-2020, 12:59 PM
This is true. If you don't join a raid guild save save save for this item! Our epic is like having a baby hulk in your pocket ��

If you don't join a raid guild, you won't be getting your staff of elemental mastery earth, ergo no epic, so why would you need that item? just asking, not being snarky.

FYI it is not odd to only have 600 plat at level 30 unless you were totally lucky about getting a sisters camp etc. you know, one of the camps everybody suggests, is permacamped, yada yada. dem spells from 1-29 aint free.

kjs86z
04-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Save it for your next character.