PDA

View Full Version : Can't login to Wiki?

lonig
10-31-2019, 10:17 AM
So I was trying to login to the Wiki, and I keep getting an error about needing to allow cookies, yet I am not blocking them. Unless Chrome has suddenly started blocking them without giving you an option to allow it.

I've disabled AdBlock, and don't have any of my script blockers running either. I've tried with and without checking the 180 day remembering checkbox on login.

The weirdest part of all, is that if I use incognito mode, I can get in just fine?!?!

Exact error message:
"Login error
Project 1999 Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again"

Chrome version(s): 77.0.3865.120 and 78.0.3904.70

The last time I edited I think was Monday or Tuesday. My configuration has not changed since then, although during testing I did upgrade Chrome to the above mentioned version (77->78)

loramin
10-31-2019, 11:02 AM
Try this: in your screenshot, to the left of "Not secure" (ie. in the upper left corner, to the left of the URL), do you see that little "i" in a circle? Click it.

Then click "Cookies". You should see a dialog with a list of domains (I have "project1999.com" and "wiki.project1999.com"), and a "Remove" button at the bottom. Click the "wiki.project1999.com" entry to highlight it, then click remove.

Refresh the page, and try to login again. Hopefully that will fix it. If not, do the same thing, but this time also get rid of the "project1999.com" one. If that still doesn't work ... post back :)

lonig
10-31-2019, 11:05 AM
Try this: in your screenshot, to the left of "Not secure" (ie. in the upper left corner, to the left of the URL), do you see that little "i" in a circle? Click it.

Then click "Cookies". The, you should see a dialog with a list of domains (I have "project1999.com" and "wiki.project1999.com"), and a "Remove" button at the bottom. Click the "wiki.project1999.com" entry to highlight it, then click remove.

Refresh the page, and try to login again. Hopefully that will fix it. If not, do the same thing, but this time also get rid of the "project1999.com" one. If that still doesn't work ... post back :)

Great idea, but sadly didn't work. I only had 1, and it was project1999.com (no wiki entry). I deleted it and reloaded, but same issue. :(

lonig
10-31-2019, 11:08 AM
Update: I went one step further and clicked on the "site settings" button on the screen loramin pointed out. It had 4 cookies listed there (but 0 on the main popup). After deleting those 4, and then closing out of chrome and back in, I can login now!

Thank you loramin for the help!