PDA

View Full Version : Green = Blue's demise?

drakkan
10-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Had a feeling this might happen. I'm not sure if Blue is taking the hit with the initial surge from Green launching or if it will drain blue enough to have it dwindle and fade the population too much to have it feel populated and full of life.

There are plenty of people with toons geared to the teeth on blue and I even find myself torn between playing blue and green at this moment. It's as though I want to pursue green and enjoy the newness but also play blue to keep the population looking healthy so it doesn't look too fragile and deter people from logging into blue.

I think there's some really annoying things about the raid scene that also is squashing blue - ie, rooted dragons to be the number one. I find nothing wrong with pulling dragons to the zone line and getting pixels. If you are in any of the top raiding guilds on blue, you'll understand it is still fun to pull over snipes when guilds drop mobs and getting a successful trainup in time to get a dragon pulled into the zone. There still was plenty of wipes and difficulty to the "easy" raiding scene. Also tracking mobs was exciting because it required people to mobilize at an incredible speed in order to contest dragons. There's skill in making sure the mobs didn't leash either. I think for such a slow moving game, the short, but fast paced, think on your feet decisions for the unrooted dragons was a fun element. The raid scene now is such a pain in the ass.

I think that the servers honestly will eventually balance out and there will be, for now, a decent blue population but as green matures, there are going to be people that invest 100% of the efforts into it and stay there. If both servers are to survive and flourish, I think the raid scene with unrooting dragons needs to truly be reconsidered. Green definitely has attracted players outside of blue that have not played p99 in general but it also has pulled enough blue players to hurt the population, making green feel even more attractive. I just wonder if the non-blue players that Green has are old EQ players that will soon realize that they cannot put in the appropriate time commitment into playing 4+ hours a day and either stay lvl 40 and below or quit due to difficulty and real life.

There's a lot still up in the air but I do know that if blue is to stay exciting and relevant for multiple guilds for end-game raiding, the dragons need to be unrooted.

cobhc3
10-29-2019, 11:39 AM
You think raiding on blue is bad? Just wait til Naggy and Vox are permacamped for a year by the top guild.

Honestly, the population will hold where it is for a little bit and then I bet people will balance on both servers. Keep in mind we don't get Kunark until November 2020. Epics in April 2021. There is a lot of time between all of that for people to max characters and play on Blue or Red.

Baler
10-29-2019, 11:46 AM
No
Greem ill dump into blue and people will still want to play their characters.
Others till want to play a new fresh server.

ps. Weighted poll is bias. Sorry you didn't get loot.

supermonk
10-29-2019, 11:54 AM
i just hope green doesn't submit to such a delay between expansions. Overfarming seafuries on blue before kunark release kinda ruined the economy. i'm hopeful that green won't be a sock fest on dragon spawns for FTE message. based off what intel i've gathered on how they're doing lists, perhaps they'll implement something similar to raid merbs down the line.

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Yes, and it definitely should be. Blue hasn’t been classic EQ in a long time. An accurate timeline is a key part of the equation that Blue was completely missing.

Deathrydar
10-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Yes, and it definitely should be. Blue hasn’t been classic EQ in a long time. An accurate timeline is a key part of the equation that Blue was completely missing.

Danger
10-29-2019, 12:28 PM
CONSIDER BLUE LOL

Izmael
10-29-2019, 01:22 PM
90+% of green players will go back to blue after legacy items stop dropping.

Lanzellot
10-29-2019, 01:24 PM
fuck at green my mind the real blue guys know the classic :Dblue will be allways the main server,green is good for newcomers not more

kjs86z
10-29-2019, 01:35 PM
I'm staying on blue.

No enough time or interest for green.

Lanzellot
10-29-2019, 01:51 PM
blue will be stronger in winter ,and all the banned rmters started on green to my mind ,the banns begins again haha

Sebekkha
10-29-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm staying on blue, with two kids and a busy work - life balance id rather stay on blue where I have some sort of buffer as such, never really raided on blue, but played plenty of other eqemu servers with a regular population at under 50 and had an absolute blast. Im from the UK so I am used to the off-peak hour population of blue anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I was very tempted, but I value my marriage, family, and job more than Everquest these days, back in 99/00 school could swivel on a shitstick 😜

Miauler
10-29-2019, 02:42 PM
I'm staying on blue, with two kids and a busy work - life balance id rather stay on blue where I have some sort of buffer as such

Same here man. At this point I've spent about 2 years slowly leveling my character to the 40s, mostly solo in blocks of 30-60 mins. It was awesome creating a character on Green and running around the newbie zone with a hundred other people, but at the end of the day I realized that I have no desire to do it all over again. Plus the fun of Green would be in the grouping, and I rarely have time to carve out 2 hour blocks with a family and a job. I'll stick with Blue.

enjchanter
10-29-2019, 02:47 PM
90+% of green players will go back to blue after legacy items stop dropping.

Lhord99
10-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Proud to call the last few posters fellow Bluebians? Bluebies? Sane adults? IDK what to call ourselves now, but glad y'all here!

These thoughts echo the convos I've had with fellow mates in the last 4 days or so. GreExodus has definitely been a topic of convo - however ironically, I've had these convos in groups of people doing raids and PUGs.

enjchanter
10-29-2019, 03:13 PM
The only character I really want a guise on is stuck on blue anyway and I have no interest in a manastone so i think in gunna peak at level 5 or so

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 03:18 PM
Playing on Blue is like beating an NES game with Game Genie.

You get to see the end of the game and stuff, but its a hollow victory.

kjs86z
10-29-2019, 03:21 PM

Dude, just stop. You're in every thread saying the same dogshit over and over again.

You're a 30-something year old that streams EQ while getting drunk and high. Let that sink in.

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Dude, just stop. You're in every thread saying the same dogshit over and over again.

You're a 30-something year old that streams EQ while getting drunk and high. Let that sink in.

Hahah, and its a fantastic time. Have you watched the stream? We're great, people love us.

Plus, the income from Twitch payed for a new AC unit and a vacation this year. It's a win-win.

Tzug
10-29-2019, 03:26 PM

This is a silly analogy, but even if you believe that, I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to de-legitimize some people's preference on Blue. Is this just a stream promotion? It's not enough that people mostly seem to prefer Green, you feel the need to make sure those that still want to play Blue are making the "wrong" choice? Cool.

You pretend to be a pretty chill guy, but your general presence on the board the past few days has been fairly abrasive.

enjchanter
10-29-2019, 03:27 PM

I'll take the hollow victory then

Tzug
10-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Hahah, and its a fantastic time. Have you watched the stream? We're great, people love us.

Plus, the income from Twitch payed for a new AC unit and a vacation this year. It's a win-win.

And I think that's all great. More power to you. Unlike the above poster, I don't think there's wrong with getting stoned, playing a game with someone you love, and making a little cash on the side. That's awesome. I stop by from time to time and I've enjoyed what you do. But why the need for trolling about blue on here? Makes me less inclined to want to watch your channel, not that I expect you to change your behavior based on one forum rando's thoughts.

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 03:40 PM
And I think that's all great. More power to you. Unlike the above poster, nothing wrong with getting stoned, playing a game with someone you love, and making a little cash on the side. That's awesome. I stop by from time to time and I've enjoyed what you do. But why the need for trolling about blue on here? Makes me less inclined to want to watch your channel, not that I expect you to change your behavior based on one forum rando's thoughts.

I have opinions man, just like anyone else. I would rather people know me for who I am, and have less people watching than pretend to be someone I'm not in order to please people. I have to do enough smiling and nodding at people during my day job, I'm not going to do it in my off time, too.

I legitimately think Blue is a very poor representation of classic EQ and has been for many years. I will continue to share that opinion whenever the topic is brought up and actively steer people away from Blue whenever possible.

cobhc3
10-29-2019, 03:42 PM
And I think that's all great. More power to you. Unlike the above poster, I don't think there's wrong with getting stoned, playing a game with someone you love, and making a little cash on the side. That's awesome. I stop by from time to time and I've enjoyed what you do. But why the need for trolling about blue on here? Makes me less inclined to want to watch your channel, not that I expect you to change your behavior based on one forum rando's thoughts.

Yeah, I am a sub to him on twitch. Won't be anymore. His general hate towards blue is insane. The guy got his start there. His content is fine, but the message lately is wrong. There are other streamers that are having just as much fun while not sullying another server owned by the same parent group.
Just because people don't have time to sit around and get high and drunk all weekend doesn't mean they can't enjoy the game, lighten up Hefe.

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I am a sub to him on twitch. Won't be anymore. His general hate towards blue is insane. The guy got his start there. His content is fine, but the message lately is wrong. There are other streamers that are having just as much fun while not sullying another server owned by the same parent group.
Just because people don't have time to sit around and get high and drunk all weekend doesn't mean they can't enjoy the game, lighten up Hefe.

Excuse me, I only get high and drunk while playing EQ on Friday's thank you very much.

cobhc3
10-29-2019, 03:47 PM
Excuse me, I only get high and drunk while playing EQ on Friday's thank you very much.

Haha, fair enough. All I am saying is if people are enjoying themselves on Blue still then be happy that they are!
Some have the time and availability to enjoy green to it's fullest and some don't so they stick with Blue.

sentinel
10-29-2019, 03:48 PM
I don't think Blue will be killed, but it will take a serious hit. Those super invested in Blue will likely stay, but casualz will go to green where there is more excitement.

Tzug
10-29-2019, 04:00 PM
I have opinions man, just like anyone else. I would rather people know me for who I am, and have less people watching than pretend to be someone I'm not in order to please people. I have to do enough smiling and nodding at people during my day job, I'm not going to do it in my off time, too.

I legitimately think Blue is a very poor representation of classic EQ and has been for many years. I will continue to share that opinion whenever the topic is brought up and actively steer people away from Blue whenever possible.

It's this last part that is so abrasive. Why do you care? Obviously Green isn't hurting for people. People are loving green. Even if you think Blue is a poor representation of classic EQ (jacked spawn rates are certainly classic...), why is it so important to you that it dies off completely? There are still plenty of people who enjoy it, and you believe, for some reason, that they should not. This is the attitude of a solipsistic jerk. "It's not just important for me that I have fun, it's important for me that people who are having fun in a different way stop doing so."

Rang
10-29-2019, 04:02 PM
most ppl have already summed it up. Op is over reacting. Things will balance out once the only 3-4 raid targets in classic are perma socked by the usual suspects and legacy items are over. Then once Kunark drops you’ll see a similar drop on blue and rise on green for awhile. Eventually (hopefully) they’ll just get merged so - you’ll just be back on blue with a worse geared toon.

Bazia
10-29-2019, 04:09 PM
really dont want my green server mixed with hyper toxic blue community, or if we are going to do that rescue my dead red toons as well please

Psyborg
10-29-2019, 04:55 PM

You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.

bigjeff100
10-29-2019, 04:58 PM
You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.

For real Hefe, you have issues.

Baler
10-29-2019, 04:59 PM
This poll is so rigged.

cd288
10-29-2019, 05:05 PM
This is a silly analogy, but even if you believe that, I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to de-legitimize some people's preference on Blue. Is this just a stream promotion? It's not enough that people mostly seem to prefer Green, you feel the need to make sure those that still want to play Blue are making the "wrong" choice? Cool.

You pretend to be a pretty chill guy, but your general presence on the board the past few days has been fairly abrasive.

The picture in his signature is also really lame lol

pogs4ever
10-29-2019, 05:10 PM
blue is good if you like raiding, green if you like everquest.

in classic there were fte servers and rotated servers, would be interesting to see if these two servers organically go in different directions or end up with the same toxic raid scene.

cd288
10-29-2019, 05:13 PM
really dont want my green server mixed with hyper toxic blue community, or if we are going to do that rescue my dead red toons as well please

Do you honestly believe these "hyper toxic" individuals aren't on Green right now? They're there; it just hasn't been made obvious yet. You'll start to see hints of it when people starting getting to the point where they can get JBoots, Guises, and Manastones. Then, it will really come out once guilds get to the level where they can clear Naggy and Vox. All of those same people on Blue whom you call "hyper toxic" will be locking down Naggy and Vox 24/7 and preventing anyone else from having a shot. They will do the same thing with Kunark raid targets and then subsequently the same thing as Velious. Nothing is going to be any different on Green in that respect, and if you think it is then no offense but you're in for a bit of a rude awakening.

Wenai
10-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Why is every poll on P1999 forums structured like this:

Yes, you need to enforce my opinion!
No, you are an idiot and disagree with my opinion.
I don't care, and your opinion doesn't matter.

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 05:18 PM

You think the classic experience is having millions of plat and he's the overly opinionated authoritarian?

pogs4ever
10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99.
P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious

rotation on blue (or green) would make it a more accurate representation of classic trilogy imo. I was on rathe 99 through luclin, best server.

Psyborg
10-29-2019, 05:26 PM
You think the classic experience is having millions of plat and he's the overly opinionated authoritarian?

For the average person? Of course not, nor was that the point I was making. My point was that there were millionaires in Velious of 2001 so it should not be surprising to see it in Velious of 2019. Alts were twinked in fungis and CoFs in 2001 so stop making baseless comparisons. He acts as if leveling in 2001 Velious was some sort of sacred shrine of rags and rusty swords. That’s revisionist bullshit.

Lhord99
10-29-2019, 05:29 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol I love it when the voice of reason enters the chat.

Chortles Snort|eS
10-29-2019, 05:32 PM
CONSIDER BLUE LOL

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 05:32 PM
For the average person? Of course not, nor was that the point I was making. My point was that there were millionaires in Velious of 2001 so it should not be surprising to see it in Velious of 2019. Alts were twinked in fungis and CoFs in 2001 so stop making baseless comparisons. He acts as if leveling in 2001 Velious was some sort of sacred shrine of rags and rusty swords. That’s revisionist bullshit.

I have a fungi and cof on blue.

I had nothing close on live.

Is blue accurate or inaccurate?

Baler
10-29-2019, 05:36 PM

I fuckin told you it's rigged.

"balers an idiot"

Baler preaching truth in between shit posts.

third person gameplay.

Psyborg
10-29-2019, 05:37 PM
I have a fungi and cof on blue.

I had nothing close on live.

Is blue accurate or inaccurate?

You could have easily had both on live.

The answer: accurate.

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 05:37 PM
It's this last part that is so abrasive. Why do you care? Obviously Green isn't hurting for people. People are loving green. Even if you think Blue is a poor representation of classic EQ (jacked spawn rates are certainly classic...), why is it so important to you that it dies off completely? There are still plenty of people who enjoy it, and you believe, for some reason, that they should not. This is the attitude of a solipsistic jerk. "It's not just important for me that I have fun, it's important for me that people who are having fun in a different way stop doing so."

I just think you need to not take it so personally.

I played a bad version of a game for a long time, now the good version is out and I think it’s superior in every way. Sometimes the subject comes up and I give my opinion. If you’ve ever said a bad thing about Daybreak TLP then you’re guilty of the same thing.

If you’re very careful not to say negative things about bad games then more power to you, you’re a less offensive man than I.

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 05:46 PM
You could have easily had both on live.

The answer: accurate.

How many players is this true for in the classic timeline?

Baler
10-29-2019, 05:47 PM

The 1% is real :eek:

Kennie
10-29-2019, 05:49 PM

no it didn't.

Danger
10-29-2019, 05:57 PM
no it didn't.

loled and agreed

Psyborg
10-29-2019, 06:00 PM

Anyone who was an active raider had access to dragon haste. Anyone who played EQ from the beginning should have had enough plat to access it in EC. Anyone who started EQ late but in the time to farm plat had access to it in EC. That’s really how it is on Blue as well. There have been more CoFs farmed on Blue but there are far more rotting on inactive accounts.

Alts were very twinked by end of Velious in 2001 and they are very twinked now. P99 is a very accurate snapshot of what the game looked like just prior to Luclin’s release. The biggest difference is our own knowledge and access to better information. P99 can’t be faulted for that.

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Anyone who was an active raider had access to dragon haste. Anyone who played EQ from the beginning should have had enough plat to access it in EC. Anyone who started EQ late but in the time to farm plat had access to it in EC. That’s really how it is on Blue as well. There have been more CoFs farmed on Blue but there are far more rotting on inactive accounts.

Alts were very twinked by end of Velious in 2001 and they are very twinked now. P99 is a very accurate snapshot of what the game looked like just prior to Luclin’s release. The biggest difference is our own knowledge and access to better information. P99 can’t be faulted for that.

Access isn't congruent to acquisition.

Lemme get them digits.

Chortles Snort|eS
10-29-2019, 06:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HG2P33N.jpg

zodium
10-29-2019, 06:16 PM

wow thats so many words to say loaded question

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 06:18 PM

nice meme

Baler
10-29-2019, 06:20 PM
wow thats so many words to say loaded question

https://i.imgur.com/2RoxM6d.gif

Danger
10-29-2019, 06:28 PM

Based smugie

drakkan
10-29-2019, 06:32 PM

Okay can you edit my post and wipe the poll and make it

Yes
No
No opinion

tyvm.

Baler
10-29-2019, 06:37 PM
lulz got a triple kill on this thread.

respect

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 06:44 PM
lulz got a triple kill on this thread.

respect

true, when you distill discourse into image macros it diminishes in stature and becomes miniscule.

Baler
10-29-2019, 06:48 PM
true, when you distill discourse into image macros it diminishes in stature and becomes miniscule.

Love you wonkie, never change brother. :)
no weird shit in that love.

bradsamma
10-29-2019, 07:39 PM
No=riot
Yes=everyone else

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 07:41 PM
no it didn't.

Choose to believe what you like to believe, but yeah it did. My viewers were very generous around tax season and a few grand is more than enough for an AC unit and a trip to Portland.

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Choose to believe what you like to believe, but yeah it did. My viewers were very generous around tax season and a few grand is more than enough for an AC unit and a trip to Portland.

most cities will give you a free trip to Portland, if you're homeless

El-Hefe
10-29-2019, 07:48 PM
most cities will give you a free trip to Portland, if you're homeless

I didn't wanna take Greyhound though. ;)

kaluppo
10-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Wow did this thread ever get off topic. I wish blue would come back with a decent population. But over the weekend EC tunnel was dead and so was my ability to get an unrest group. So I did what everyone else and their uncle did this weekend and I made new characters on green.

On one hand I hate starting over and having to grind again from lvl 1 on a Cleric and Druid when I already got them both to 60 epic'd on blue. But if my alts cant get a group then I gotta go where the players are. Right now it's green.

Every time I log in I will glance at blue's population and if I ever see it creep up to 700 at peak then I'm going in. Otherwise I guess I'm grinding it out on Green. I got a question if anyone knows the answer:

I have heard a few people say getting epics on Green server (when epics get introduced) will be harder then getting them on blue. Why is that? Are the epic mobs rarer spawns or are they tougher to beat for some reason? I would really want my druid and cleric epics on green so wondering if I need to be in a stronger guild or if a family style guild can get them like they can on blue.

darkreap
10-29-2019, 08:46 PM
My guess is because people wont be geared like on blue. Also, lots of bottleneck mobs were made easier to get like undead bard and VS.

Lhord99
10-29-2019, 08:55 PM
I have heard a few people say getting epics on Green server (when epics get introduced) will be harder then getting them on blue. Why is that? Are the epic mobs rarer spawns or are they tougher to beat for some reason? I would really want my druid and cleric epics on green so wondering if I need to be in a stronger guild or if a family style guild can get them like they can on blue.

Right now, the ratio of epic:non-epic on green is 0:2600. When Kunark drops, you now have hundreds of people with the same goal in mind - get 60, get epic. Whether it’s a race, a marathon, or “just got lucky and scored an earth staff” types, there is now a competition that doesn’t exist on blue, though it once did @ Kunark release.

With a finite timespan on green, many might feel the need to complete epics (etc.) within the 3-year lifespan of the server.

TL;DR: increase in volume; decrease in surface area.

Spock2020
10-29-2019, 09:05 PM
Big bottleneck with venril sathir I think 3 classes epic has him. Can you imagine how many people gonna look for him. Horrible.

ScottBerta
10-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Green is the best it will be now and it’s only downhill from here.

On the other hand blue is as low as it will go now and will only increase as players leave green after the initial high wears off.

Blue 4 Life

Zeboim
10-29-2019, 09:48 PM
The horror, a world where Epics are rare and in demand.

Psyborg
10-29-2019, 09:57 PM
The horror, a world where Epics are rare and in demand.

I don't think that is a complaint, just an observation.

kaluppo
10-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Big bottleneck with venril sathir I think 3 classes epic has him. Can you imagine how many people gonna look for him. Horrible.

Druids and Rangers need VS for epic piece. Not sure of a third. But I see your point. Everyone trying to get epic in a short period of time. Doubtful I will get one, especially on druid.

Oh well. I am epic'd on Blue so I will have to be content with that.

Wonkie
10-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Druids and Rangers need VS for epic piece. Not sure of a third. But I see your point. Everyone trying to get epic in a short period of time. Doubtful I will get one, especially on druid.

Oh well. I am epic'd on Blue so I will have to be content with that.

wizard

cd288
10-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Wow did this thread ever get off topic. I wish blue would come back with a decent population. But over the weekend EC tunnel was dead and so was my ability to get an unrest group. So I did what everyone else and their uncle did this weekend and I made new characters on green.

On one hand I hate starting over and having to grind again from lvl 1 on a Cleric and Druid when I already got them both to 60 epic'd on blue. But if my alts cant get a group then I gotta go where the players are. Right now it's green.

Every time I log in I will glance at blue's population and if I ever see it creep up to 700 at peak then I'm going in. Otherwise I guess I'm grinding it out on Green. I got a question if anyone knows the answer:

So don’t do it all over again. If you’re playing on Green, play classes you’ve never really played before. That’s what I’m doing. I couldn’t bear the thought of re-doing the same classes I have on Blue

NegaStoat
10-29-2019, 11:49 PM

Blue's population will slowly return to higher levels as more and more people drop out of the demands from Green's selective 'classic' settings, and it will surge greatly once the Legacy drops are ended 6 or 7 months from now. Getting in some casual grouping on Blue might very well require joining a guild, reaching out, and being social more than what was normally required.

wagorf
10-30-2019, 06:03 AM

lies, u don't get paid shit with ur number of stream viewers

u act like streaming a fukin 20 years game gets you thousands of viewers, there are already so little players playing this game, get a clue

walfreyydo
10-30-2019, 08:50 AM

As someone who also played from 2000-2003 era I concur with this statement. Blue is pretty damn close to the original experience, with the only exception being the abundance of gear on the EC market and prices, but that is to be expected. No one should be surprised at Blue's population, Green isnt even a week old. However, I suspect Blue population will rebound (not fully) within a month or so. Personally, I think Blue taking a population hit is a GOOD thing

Danger
10-30-2019, 09:31 AM

https://i.imgur.com/th4rM0t.png

drakkan
10-30-2019, 10:11 AM
No=riot
Yes=everyone else

Riot doesn't enjoy the new meta either.

This game rewards you for painful amounts of time to get gear but it's gone in a direction to just make the GM's lives easier rather than have the user experience what the majority enjoys.

I know that sentence above is going to get people saying how the game is free and enjoy what they do for us - very true. Although the hand picking of original content, especially with such a large meta change is frustrating. Hard to describe it any other way than, it used to be more fun to jump on to hear a bat phone (I'll be waiting for more haters in regards to bat phones and that meta) and logging in to race the other guilds, secure a fte and then use a handful of guild mates to not leash the thing coming in.

I've never been a GM and I'm sure there is constant bitching in regards to who trained who, who engaged when they were locked out, etc, etc but for a while, a lot of the negotiation of top guilds was happening internally, sending FRAPS to each others raid leaders and explaining their cases.

This has slowly got a little off topic from the main poll question so I'll get back on tracks here. I read someone earlier saying that the drop in blue population might actually be a GOOD thing - I had not thought about it in this way but interesting theory. I'm not sure what type of player gets filtered in or out of blue now because of green's launch but we'll see with time. Speculation I think is what the forums are here for in part, and we'll definitely see where the green/blue populations take us over the next weeks, months, years but it's interesting to get everyones opinions.

On another further side note, I rolled a SK and I also have an epic'd SK DE on blue...I wanted to play something fun but I slowly start to feel the min/maxing, all-in, individuals among me and those that are going to be gobbling up manastone's and other legacy items as I fart around on my SK being excluded from groups hahaha - might have to get an alt going, although that'll be equally painful of a leveling processes once again.

Lojik
10-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Classic EQ is pretty niche, but theres a decent enough pop of people who want it and p99 is the best at giving you that. EQ really lends itself to people who want to put lots of hours in to compete and have better gear than the next person. For the last seven years on blue the way that happened was logging in at weird hours on a batphone or tracking by staring at a wall. On green it's still a huge timesink but at least people are doing shit not wall staring. When it's back to wall staring maybe people will switch back to blue? I think a lot of green pop is people who came back who were sick of doing that for years on blue.

cobhc3
10-30-2019, 11:29 AM
lies, u don't get paid shit with ur number of stream viewers

u act like streaming a fukin 20 years game gets you thousands of viewers, there are already so little players playing this game, get a clue

Not defending Hefe, but PantheistHeathen has been streaming EQ TLPs and now P99 green and has a 100+ viewer base regularly. Not only that, but he is super helpful, laid back, nice, and doesn't shame people for what games they play. I have been watching him for a while as he plays a lot of interesting MMOs that I don't generally have time for and if I pop in with a question, he is all hands on deck to explain it. Rad dude, I am sure he could take a vacation to somewhere further than his neighboring town with the money he has earned.

cobhc3
10-30-2019, 11:30 AM
Classic EQ is pretty niche, but theres a decent enough pop of people who want it and p99 is the best at giving you that. EQ really lends itself to people who want to put lots of hours in to compete and have better gear than the next person. For the last seven years on blue the way that happened was logging in at weird hours on a batphone or tracking by staring at a wall. On green it's still a huge timesink but at least people are doing shit not wall staring. When it's back to wall staring maybe people will switch back to blue? I think a lot of green pop is people who came back who were sick of doing that for years on blue.

Yeah, I totally agree. There is a part of my brain hardwired back to 1999 and I am accessing it right now. Suddenly eating cheetos and drinking rootbeer each night while running through BBM. It is fun, not gonna lie. But my home is Blue and I am still on daily.

Wonkie
10-30-2019, 01:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/th4rM0t.png

it certainly is compact

saftbudet
10-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Why all the hate of blue. Did someone hurt you?
Atleast keep this kind of threads to rnf where they belong.

Bardp1999
10-30-2019, 03:01 PM
The Red community is getting what it perceives as 'payback' for all the shit that's been thrown at Red over the years. That's why there are all these dumb posts with daddy Nirgon and Co being toxic about how blue is toxic