PDA

View Full Version : GlobalLoad.txt(768804337) error message

mintmaster
10-28-2019, 11:57 PM
Was having problems with some of the windows so I did a complete delete, reinstall of Titanium from disks and patched v52. I log all the way to player selection screen and get an error message that I don't have the above file, GlobalLoad.txt(768804337). Repatch and get same message. Went back and patched and then over wrote 50e, 50f, 50g, 50h, and then 52. still same message.

At a loss if someone can help

Deathrydar
10-29-2019, 07:26 AM
It's either one of two things:

1. You did not extract the files from v52 correctly.
2. Your anti-virus quarantined one, or several, of the required files from the v52 patch.

mintmaster
10-29-2019, 01:52 PM
Well i have now deleted and re-installed Titanium 4 times from original discs and patched with v52 each time. Antivirus is OFF and has been. At character selection screen I still get the same message: One or more of your Everquest files are not the correct Titanium version of project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red[GiobalLoad.txt(768804337)] are replaced with correct versions. Click this link for more information.

Clicking the link leads to the Forums but is only accessible by administrators so dead end for me.

I have tried patching the GlobalLoad files from v52 every way I know how, even deleting the GlobalLoad files in the Titanium download first and then patching....very frustrated

Two years waiting for Pre Kunark server and now I may just have to give up

Deathrydar
10-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Well i have now deleted and re-installed Titanium 4 times from original discs and patched with v52 each time. Antivirus is OFF and has been. At character selection screen I still get the same message: One or more of your Everquest files are not the correct Titanium version of project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red[GiobalLoad.txt(768804337)] are replaced with correct versions. Click this link for more information.

Clicking the link leads to the Forums but is only accessible by administrators so dead end for me.

I have tried patching the GlobalLoad files from v52 every way I know how, even deleting the GlobalLoad files in the Titanium download first and then patching....very frustrated

Two years waiting for Pre Kunark server and now I may just have to give up
So, let's look at the 1st point that I suggested then, shall we?

A lot of people are not extracting or overwriting the files correctly or in the correct folder. Some of the folders in the new patch require you to merge the folders and some require you to copy the contents into another folder.

And last, but not least, a lot of people are putting the files into the wrong folder completely (into the SONY folder as opposed to the EverQuest folder).

It's gotta be something like that. Keep looking. Or give up. *shrug*

Nothing worth it is easy! ;)

mintmaster
10-29-2019, 02:29 PM
I have definitely been dragging into the Everquest folder not the Sony, and have been doing as I always have, opening every folder and dragging individual files into the Titanium download. If there is some kind of merge necessary I was not aware of it and have never found it necessary during previous patches, just over writing.

I do recall after my last attempt finding 2 GlobalLoad files in the Titanium after patch, one dated 2005 and the other 10/19/19 I believe. I deleted the older one and then could only get to a different blank character selection screen.

Not familiar with merging the files and didn't want to screw up another download unless you think that might be the problem.

Deathrydar
10-29-2019, 02:31 PM
I have definitely been dragging into the Everquest folder not the Sony, and have been doing as I always have, opening every folder and dragging individual files into the Titanium download. If there is some kind of merge necessary I was not aware of it and have never found it necessary during previous patches, just over writing.

I do recall after my last attempt finding 2 GlobalLoad files in the Titanium after patch, one dated 2005 and the other 10/19/19 I believe. I deleted the older one and then could only get to a different blank character selection screen.

Not familiar with merging the files and didn't want to screw up another download unless you think that might be the problem.

I sent you a PM.

mintmaster
10-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Thank you. You suggestions were very helpful. With your help my son was able to get the files where they needed to be. Best regards

Deathrydar
10-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Thank you. You suggestions were very helpful. With your help my son was able to get the files where they needed to be. Best regards

Awesome! Glad to have been of help! See ya in Norrath!

adrock2227
04-13-2020, 05:20 AM
I am getting this same Error. ":\

OPMHoldings
10-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I too am getting this error. I just got a new laptop gaming computer and I'm putting Project1999 on it and I'm getting this error. Please help.

Thanks

OPMHoldings
10-02-2020, 11:51 AM
I am getting this message too and the patch I have is v53 and not v52 and I don't even see a GlobalLoad.txt file in this patch. I turned off my virus protection and still don't see this file in the v53 patch. Is there a way to get the v52 patch and then do the v53 patch?

I know I can get this to work but need some assistance when you can. Thank You.

mcoy
10-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Globalload.txt is in the v53 zip under the "resources" folder. Make sure when you're extracting the patch you overwrite the contents of the sub-folders and not the folders themselves. The patches only contain the changed files, so if you replace the entire directory you'll find world assets missing and a bunch of other issues.

-Mcoy

OPMHoldings
10-03-2020, 06:01 PM
I sent you a PM.
Can you send me the same information Deathrydar? I'm having the same issues.

OPMHoldings
10-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Globalload.txt is in the v53 zip under the "resources" folder. Make sure when you're extracting the patch you overwrite the contents of the sub-folders and not the folders themselves. The patches only contain the changed files, so if you replace the entire directory you'll find world assets missing and a bunch of other issues.

-Mcoy

Thanks! I will give this a shot. I will reload the disc and start over and extract each file from the folders.