PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: NPC Casters with infinite mana

FireEmblem86
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I was fighting a Burynai Excavator today, and it cast Tainted Breath, Waking Sleep, Sicken, 3 Spirit Strikes, Tainted Breath, and then 4 more Spirit Strikes.

According to MQEmulator, Burynai Excavators of level 16 should have somewhere along the lines of 320 mana. However, all those spells would take more than 500. This isn't the first time I've run across a NPC chain casting even after they should be OOM.

Uthgaard
04-19-2011, 05:28 AM
Mobs definitely don't have infinite mana, just a larger pool than a player of an equivalent level is likely to draw from.

Vonkaar
04-19-2011, 08:50 AM
It was most likely a twinked out Burynai from a higher level Sarnak NPC and therefore had plenty of +int and +mana gear.

FireEmblem86
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Low level mobs could never chain cast their highest level damage spells on Live. They would cast it a few times and then revert to casting low level spells every few ticks (Burst of Flame, for example).

Grizlor
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I think the problem is more that sometime after 2002 (Mid luclin I think?) was the patch where caster mobs started using more level-appropriate spells. I don't really ever remember getting ice cometed in seb before then. I do remember the ghoul arch magi kicking my monk alt's ass though, since post change he started casting rend instead of random stupid crap like force spiral and thunder strike.

redghosthunter
04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
This server is --- more challenging , then live...