PDA

View Full Version : Consistent Green crashes

Kenshi235
10-26-2019, 10:17 PM
Hi, I love Green and the idea of a new server, but I am consistently crashing on green.

List of ways I have crashed:
-- zoning in general is causing crashes. This happens much more often after I have been logged in for 20 mins to an hour.
If I am fresh into the game, zone crashing is much less likely.

-- being in any outdoor zone I am suspectible to crashing. I suspect due to new dynamic lighting. For reference, I am playing a character who who does not have infravision.
Note: being in blackburrow, I did not have a crash at all for a 3-4 hour session.

-- casting invisibility on self, on a few occasions.
-- I get to the character select screen and I choose a character, but thereafter, nothing happens and I am stuck in an unresponsive mode.

-- consistently crashing in Qeynos Hils every 20-30 mins where I get a soft LD, where I can no longer interact with others in the game, but I can see players moving around, read new messages, and complete certain actions like camping. I cannot cast or interact in any way really.

What I have done to try to fix issues:

-- Reinstalled titanium in a completely new directory.
-- Patched up to latest MS windows service packs/updates. Ran check for corrupted files.
-- rebooted.

-- renamed old eqclient.ini file, so the game would recreate its own eqclient.ini and went forward with that incase any previously used eqclient.ini settings are crashing me.
-- ran some disk checks to make sure I have no corrupted files on hard drive in general.
-- closed f.lux program incase that is causing crashes on the lighting.
-- turned anti virus software off.
-- turned windows firewall off (also put in eqgame.exe in as an exception when firewwall is on).

I am out of ideas. I can login and play, but with random LD issues, it's unplayable. I've already fallen off boats and gotten killed by multiple mobs due to LD.
I think I will try choosing a night vision race and see if that improves things.

Also: On a Windows 7 PC and never had any issue playing on blue for years.
I consider myself pretty tech savy and know my way around PCs.
--
Kenshi

Kenshi235
10-26-2019, 11:05 PM
Update: I have no problem running around with a Dark Elf in Neriak / Nek.

However, I sent my character from Qeynos Hills to WK in hopes of avoiding issues, but now I am perma-unable to login. My best guess is the lighting issues in Qeynos Hills are exactly the same in WK, except on a larger scale due to the sheer size of the zone.

I've tried logging in over 10x. I am done trying. I got a GM to move me back to Qeynos Hills.
Am reinstalling Titanium with a new set of Titanium files :(

Kenshi235
10-28-2019, 07:57 PM
As an update, I still get disconnected every 20 mins to hour with the soft LD.
I have fixed the dynamic lighting issue by buying DeadEye (nightvision) and casting it on myself permanently....

would appreciate any constructive feedback.

renarin
10-29-2019, 04:02 PM
I am having similar issues. I have played the last 10 or so versions on Blue and have never had this issue. I play in windowed mode and I notice it most often when I'm doing other work. When I click back into the EQ window, it says (not responding) and I have to kill the process. I never had any issues with my setup until this latest client.

infoMaleick
10-30-2019, 01:49 AM
I am experiencing the same issues with the soft LD (can no longer use my abilities).

salimoneus
10-30-2019, 03:04 AM
I was having crashes after camping, solved by setting the Windows shortcut Compatibility mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", might give that a try

infoMaleick
10-30-2019, 03:14 AM
That helped with the crashing while zoning or camping.

I still have the issue (You can't use that command right now...) in Neriak / Nektulos Forest. I am able to play in East Commonlands without issue.

Kenshi235
11-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Update: I am still getting the soft LD / disconnect every 20 mins / unable to login issues.

To summarize, I have:
-- Reinstalled titanium in a completely new directory multiple times
-- Patched up to latest MS windows service packs/updates. Ran check for corrupted files.
-- renamed eqclient.ini file, edited the eqclient.ini file in many ways and forms.
-- ran some disk checks to make sure I have no corrupted files on hard drive in general.
-- closed f.lux program
-- turned anti virus software off
-- turned windows firewall off
-- turned on/off dynamic lighting and other settings in the eq login screen.
-- turned on compatibility mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
-- ran "start eqgame patchme" batch file, from the an administrator privileged, command prompt.
-- Made a point to keep EQ as the "active window" at all times, when playing green.
-- On the rare occasion I get in, I cast DeadEye (see invis), to avoid night time blindness incase that is affecting these drops.
-- For further reference, I have played on blue for several years, with the same PC, with no issues.

I have never done this much debugging on a game I play for fun, and still running into issues.
Unfortuntately, this game is bugged beyond belief for me, for whatever reason, even though most people are able to play.

I am going to play a different game. Maybe I'll come back when green is fixed.

Kenshi235
11-01-2019, 08:34 PM
UIError.txt file continually providing the following error when attempting to login:

Error: Could not find child in window TargetWindow

also renewed my ipconfig

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 09:06 PM
UIError.txt file continually providing the following error when attempting to login:

Error: Could not find child in window TargetWindow

also renewed my ipconfig

It couldn't find a file it needs to take the next step. Not sure what happened, but you should reinstall Titanium.

Kenshi235
11-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Coincidently, I just did a 3rd reinstallation of Titanium and am still having issues.
This is a Titanium installation from a different source the first, in case I have corrupt files in the original.

It's worth noting I have no trouble running around with my lvl 1 in Gfay and zoning to crushbone and back.
However, West Karanas and North Karanas give me like a 20% chance of succesful zone / login. Where-as Gfay / crushbone is near perfect.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Coincidently, I just did a 3rd reinstallation of Titanium and am still having issues.
It's worth noting I have no trouble running around with my lvl 1 in Gfay and zoning to crushbone and back.

However, West Karanas and North Karanas give me like a 20% chance of succesful zone / login. Where-as Gfay / crushbone is near perfect.

That's normally a symptom of file corruption but a reinstall should have fixed it. Are you sure the folder is being deleted from your C drive when you uninstall the program? Sometimes things get wonky and it doesn't actually ever delete, it just comes off of the Add/Remove Programs window list.

Kenshi235
11-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Original folder is not being deleted completely. I have .ini files and typical folders in the old file location. Most files are gone, but not all.

Should I be uninstalling with add/remove programs? or titanium? Or simply move/delete the entire original folder? I'm guessing the last option is what I should do. Thanks.

Kenshi235
11-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Also, there is a debugger.txt file under Logs folder.
Here are the latest text messages right before I crashed (after I successfully logged into a character for a few minutes):
Upon further reading, this isn't that helpful. But I think is better than nothing.

2019-11-01 21:47:27 Setting up models.
2019-11-01 21:47:27 Setting up character.
2019-11-01 21:47:27 Activating music.
2019-11-01 21:47:27 Initialization complete.
2019-11-01 21:47:27 Entering main loop.
2019-11-01 21:47:28 Item done, MSG_WEATHER_EVENT received.
2019-11-01 21:47:28
2019-11-01 21:47:31 Item done, MSG_WEATHER_EVENT received.
2019-11-01 21:47:31
2019-11-01 21:47:45 D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture spelja.png for particle system.
2019-11-01 21:47:47 Item done, MSG_WEATHER_EVENT received.
2019-11-01 21:47:47
2019-11-01 21:47:49 D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture spelja.png for particle system.
2019-11-01 21:47:49 D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture spelja.png for particle system.
2019-11-01 21:48:30 Item done, MSG_WEATHER_EVENT received.

Kenshi235
11-02-2019, 03:45 PM
I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 (long overdue) and still have the same issues.
I'm just amazed at this point.

infoMaleick
11-02-2019, 09:46 PM
TL;DR Try a lower resolution.

I was able to correct my issues, the aforementioned soft LD, where you still are connected to the server, but you can't interact with anything.

• I did another fresh install.
• Set eqgame.exe to Windows XP S3 compatibility.
• Changed Launch Titanium.bat to:
start /affinity 1 eqgame patchme

While these seemed to help with zoning, I still had issues crashing and random being unable to cast.

The ONLY solution for me was to lower my resolution to 1680 x 1050 (Windowed). My native windowed resolution was 2560 x 1080 — LG 29 inch Ultra Wide.

Thus, I have played the past two days without issue.

ArunaGreen
11-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Are you using WinEQ2? If not, I bet there's a good chance it fixes all of your problems.

Tiax
11-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Are you using WinEQ2? If not, I bet there's a good chance it fixes all of your problems.

Yes pretty much. I was crashing in guk every 5mins until I installed wineq2. Whats weird is that I played on blue for years with no problem, so something has changed on green, but wineq2 has fixed it, so whatever.

Kenshi235
11-09-2019, 05:40 PM
No I am not using WinEQ. I can try that next.

As an update: changing .bat file to "start /affinity 1 eqgame patch", setting eqgame.exe to Windows XP S3 compatibility, and changing resolution, has resolved my "soft LD" issue, which is great. I very much appreciate your response.

However, I still crash on zoning. I don't actually get a crash message, I just get stuck in the loading screen forever. The EQ client window never goes to "unresponsive". Sometimes I get in after 15 mins, but I usually don't wait that long.

Note: these are zones I have succesfully zoned into, in the past.

Highly considering going back to blue or playing a different that actually works. Will try WinEQ 2 though.

infoMaleick
11-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Ensure that the “Run as Administrator” box is ticked on the eqgame.exe

Move your EQ folder to your User or Public folder.

Those should fix the zoning issues.

infoMaleick
11-09-2019, 05:54 PM
I paid for WinEQ2. Great product but I still crashed (see “soft ld”) in full screen emulation mode. The full screen emulation is fantastic if I was able to cast after X amount of time.

I wouldn’t recommend trying full rez / screen until the next patch.

Kenshi235
11-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Ensure that the “Run as Administrator” box is ticked on the eqgame.exe
-- Done
Move your EQ folder to your User or Public folder.
-- Done. Moved to public folder and rechecked run as admin.

Still having zone issues. Some zones super fast, others require multiple restarts.

infoMaleick
11-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Last thing I can suggest (Rogean posted somewhere?) to turn off Texture Cacheing.

If your familiar with the eqclient.ini then you can do it from the options menu before you load up to server select.

After that I am out of ideas. I experienced all of the same issues but mine have all been fixed.

Spock2020
11-09-2019, 08:12 PM
did you put your install in c:\everquest I remember being told that if you put in programfilesx86 or x64 it might cause problem.

Kenshi235
11-09-2019, 10:57 PM
My original install was under main c drive. Not directly under c:everquest, but that might've been the problem.

I moved it to public folder.
Seriously, thank you infoMaleick for all your help.

I can't say definitely whether the last changes have fixed the zone crashing, but in the last hour so zoning, it has been fine. I'll update later and also try texture caching if the issue remains.

Kenshi235
11-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm back after a week or so of not playing. I once again have issues zoning. Staying in a zone and staying connected is resolved though.

I believe the only longterm fix is to uncheck and recheck everything.
This is really disheartening. To reiterate, I have done the following just now:

-- Ensured that compatibility mode is set to windows service pack 3 for eqgame.exe
-- Ensured that "start /affinity 1 eqgame patchme" is the text in the Launch Titanium.bat file
-- Checked that folder installation is not under a personal user. My installation is under: C:\Users\Public\everquest_p99_green3
-- Checked that eqgame.exe is ran as administrator with admin checkbox on.

-- I do not alt tab to other windows when playing the game. Especially when zoning, I make sure that eq is the activewindow.

-- I have checked that TextureCache=False in the eqclient.ini. I have been having issues with this currently off. I am turning it on to see if it helps.

-- I am updating VideoMode options in the eqclient.ini to width:1600, height:900, along with same dimensions for remaining video mode settings: WidthWindowed, HeightWindowed, WindowWidth, and WindowHeight. Not sure if that matters.

Other Notes: I am using Windows 10.

infoMaleick
11-21-2019, 11:53 PM
The only cause I know of would be that the eqgame.exe can’t access the files.

Try moving the folder to your user directory. That wouldn’t really make sense. But mine is in C:\Users\Maleick\Everquest\

Coyote
11-22-2019, 12:06 AM
My crashes while zoning seem to be related to internet connection mostly. Recent weather started killing my connection to the point I get about 2mbps down and the normal 20 up (instead of 50/20), and that seems to kill it. Plugged in my phone as a tether and even though that only gets 6-7mbps down, and 5 up, it's still much more consistent in loading zones...

crazy considering EQ hardly uses any bandwidth...

Hobosnax
11-22-2019, 11:37 AM
My crashes while zoning seem to be related to internet connection mostly. Recent weather started killing my connection to the point I get about 2mbps down and the normal 20 up (instead of 50/20), and that seems to kill it. Plugged in my phone as a tether and even though that only gets 6-7mbps down, and 5 up, it's still much more consistent in loading zones...

crazy considering EQ hardly uses any bandwidth...

I live very rurally and have janky internet so I am well acquainted with this also. Even though EQ doesn't use any data it is very sensitive to internet speed and quality. I have about 10 down and 1 up where I live and if someone in the house is streaming I will hang while zoning and have random trouble logging in (No servers at server select, no chars at char select, time out errors and other random errors)

Even though once in game I have 100ish ping and no play lag at all, its just zoning/loading the game.

The question for Kenshi would be if they have problems getting through server select/char select/zoned in initially sometimes. That would indicate that the zone crashing is likely related to internet quality.