PDA

View Full Version : Green Shm strategy - barb to 14 then reroll?

Kyden
10-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Hey y'all, so I am planning on rolling an Ogre Shaman however the starting area and plat prospects are pretty low. Been thinking about rolling a Barbarian to start and then transferring items to the Ogre at lvl 14. The idea is:

Level to 14 in Blackburrow. Access to gnoll fangs, good newbie quests, quest bags, clickie neck for that newbie hammer. Seems like it would be decently fast to get to 14. Once I get bind and stuff, run to Feerrott area and transfer the items, extra spells, etc to the Ogre.

Does this make any sense? Or should I just roll Ogre and slog through the first levels with a rusty mace and netted gear? What do you guys think?

Kyden
10-23-2019, 02:40 PM
Whoops posted in wrong channel. How do I delete?

Jimjam
10-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Ogre to guk. Woven, mesh and gems.

No tribunal hammer fresh green.

Videri
10-23-2019, 04:13 PM
It doesn’t make sense. At all. Just make your Ogre. Ogres do have it harder than Barbarians, but there’s no way the 30+ hours you spend getting a Barb shaman to 14 will save you that much time getting your Ogre shaman to 14.

Even HP rings wouldn’t speed up the time by very much, and those won’t be available for some time.

People put way too much stock in gear. Forget items. Just grind.

NegaStoat
10-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Go ogre if that's what you want. Focus on leveling and grouping, saving plat for only two different things at start - 1) Spells you actually need, and 2) Large molds for banded armor. When people start making banded armor to sell, they are NOT going to bother running to Feerrott or West Karana, like, ever. Large banded armor is too huge an upgrade for too cheap of a cost to pass up. Get the molds so that a smith can just turn around and sell you a set without a hassle.

Kyden
10-23-2019, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the responses friends.

bwe
10-23-2019, 09:49 PM
be an ogre achiever

Videri
10-23-2019, 09:56 PM
be an ogre achiever

ha!

Baler
10-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Ogre starting stats are easier in classic when you wont be maxing all ur stats.
Troll if you want the innate regen and decent stats.

kunark is when race doesn't matter for shm.

edit: Also this is the Melee section of the forums. Shaman are Priests.

greatdane
10-24-2019, 06:46 PM
The time it takes to level a barb to 14 and travel across the literal entire world is *way* longer than the time it would take for your level 14 ogre shaman to farm whatever paltry amount of money and gear that you'd have been able to mule over from the barb.