PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Items in bags disappearing, April 17th Patch

Rogean
04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Please post as much details as possible in this thread regarding any items in bags disappearing starting with the Patch on the 17th.

Eccezan
04-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Sunday evening (4/17) not sure of exact time, during CT attempt in fear I was death touched, about 15-20 minutes later I was rezzed and had items on my cursor...Had an 8 slot bag go empty, it was filled with wizard spells. It was most likely a medicine bag because it is the only empty bag in my inventory currently.

From memory, they were the following.

Flaming Sword of Xzul
Plainsight
Manasink
Tears of Prexus (edit: this wasnt in the 8 slot bag, but went missing from another bag)
Pillar of Flame
Manasink
Evacuate
Pillar of Lightning
Disintigrate (edit: just remembered this was in there as well)

I also had a couple non wizard spells that are still in my inventory and did not go missing:

Spell: Convergence
Spell: Forlorn Deeds

Earlier the same evening I logged a few times and regained a few particular items that disappeared initially. These items, also the best i can remember:

Fishbone Earring
3-4 Stacks of Fuzzlecutter Formula 5000

Let me know if there is any other information that could be useful.

Bossco
04-19-2011, 05:47 AM
At around 4am eastern on 4/19 I died in a sebilis group. I respawned with a shralok pack and (4x) ivu pots on my cursor.

I was ressed back into sebilis and looted my corpse. Though the corpse appeared empty of items, it would not vanish.

I notice several* important items missing from my inventory. I am disconnected from the server when I attempt to move items around in my bags.

Many attempts to relog and zone have no effect.

I honestly don't remember everything that I lost, I have 20 empty slots in my bags and they were almost completely full before this bug. My Driftwood Treasure Chest was completely empty after looting my corpse, and it had been full. The items I can identify from memory:

OT hammer (edit: this is gone too =/)
Midnight Mallet
Warhammer of the Wind
Sarnak Battle Shield
Spitestone Shield
Trakanon's Tooth
Staff of Battle
Rune Etched Bracer
Burnished Wooden Stave (edit this is on an alt)
Water Flasks (2 or 3 stacks)
Piece of a medallion (2 missing, unsure which without someone to identify)
Spells (Undetermined quantity and variety)
Potion of the Frost (edit: i dont think im missing these)

A lot of these items are of critical importance, and I would sincerely appreciate a timely reimbursement.

Speedling
04-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi,

The last place I died was in Howling Stones. I looted everything and logged off to go to sleep.

I woke up in the morning to find my Box of Abu`Dar empty of it's content.

Items I can recall are
OT hammer
Cryosilk Helm
Word of Darkness
Crude Stein
Noble's Cap
Cat Eye Platinum Necklace

I might have two other items I can't remember as of right now because my seb key and HS would fill the last two slots of that bag.

Petrified Wood
04-19-2011, 06:32 AM
I just had this happen to me. Random crash to desktop which happens from time to time mixed with kiting a griffin did not go so well. When I logged back in and got a rez from a kind cleric at the tunnel I noticed a bag full of items or so seem to of vanished. Sadly I did not check the forums before I petitioned, or tried to relog. So I apoligize for the petition cus after I logged back in my items had came back. :o

Pescador
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Just this afternoon about 30 minutes ago i got a rez in Burning Wood, looted my corpse, and had all my items except my lute, which i left on my corpse while I dealt with aggro. Shortly afterwards (still had rez effects so it was only a couple minutes), my screen froze briefly and then I got booted to the login screen. When I relogged, I was standing over my corpse (not where I had been when I was booted) and there were two bags either on my cursor or on my corpse (can't remember), and when I put them in my inventory, they were empty.

Both bags were empty - one light burlap sack, one large sewing kit, and they were in the bottom right inventory slot as well as the one above it.

I can't remember all the items I had, but for sure I had:
In the sewing kit (bottom right slot):
-Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute
-Sharkskin Drum
-Breath of Harmony
-Sionache's Partisan
-Evensong
-Unicorn Horn
-Mask of Deception
-OT hammer

Light Burlap Sack:
-Singing Steel Gauntlets
-Singing Steel Boots
-Gold Plated Koshigatana
-Pegasus Feathered Cloak
-??? (I think I had another item or two, but I can't remember)

EDIT: relogged and zoned a couple more times, and now my lute is in my sewing kit, but nothing else.

baalzy
04-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure if this is related, but I've noticed since the patch when looting Bloodgills that the loot window will appear to have some kind of stackable item that then disappears before I get a chance to look at it (I briefly see the subscript 1 for stackable items in the top-left loot spot but it disappears before I can mouse over or click it or anything).

I never noticed this before the patch.

Rogean
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
A patch has been applied. If posting after THIS post because indicate whether your problem occured before or after April 19th at 1 PM EST.

Speedling
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Do you want us to petition in game if we are missing items still or will we have to wait it out?

Rogean
04-19-2011, 03:16 PM
We still aren't sure if we have ways to verify what items were lost or not. You can post in the petition forums. I'll see what Investigator Uthgaard thinks.

Azzbad
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
On server restart (Sunday 4/17) died from a CT death touch and went to loot my body and found 3 of my tinkerer bags empty without the items. I know I started the raid full on all 7 bags because I had to destroy 2 stacks of bandages to make room during raid prior to dying. I died later that night in PoF again and when I returned to my bind point I had bags on my cursor (3 or 4....3 seems to make sense) I put them in my inventory but they showed as empty.

I have a corpse at PoF zone-in portal that shows to me as empty when attempting to loot it but will not disappear. I tried using the "link all" button and nothing shows there as well.

Happened BEFORE the 4/19 patch

Binsfelthakis
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Box of Abu-Kar

Travellers Pack

Lute of the Gypsy Princess

MM battle drums

Horn (regular)

bronze gear (dont care too much for it and among other things cant remember exactly what they were, only items I need are listed above) (also this actually happened a few months back and I think it was my SoF client, I am on titanium at this moment but these items went missing and maybe it has to do with this same situation)

I figure this may be a good opportunity to finally get them back.

:)

ElanoraBryght
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Sunday April 17 23:49 est - died in Chardok
23:54 rezzed back
Spend a few minutes trying to find the cleric who rez'd me to donate.
Buff. Med. Zone out to Burning Woods.
Open bottom right bag (Driftwood Treasure Chest) to take out Pegasus Feather Cloak to equip.
Bag is empty! Oh no's. Log to char select, come back, no Driftwood Treasure Chest in inventory.
Notice I only have 6 bags in inventory, not 8.
Open all 6; find Driftwood Treasure Chest and other missing bag are inside other bags.
Place these two bags in inventory where they belong and open all.
The two bags are empty.
Log to char select and come back. Still empty.
Log out completely and restart EQ. Still empty.

Items missing that were in the bags :
Incarnadine Greaves (looted Sun Apr 17 19:15:40)
Crimson Ring of Desinence (Fri Feb 18 02:59:25)
Pegasus Feather Cloak (Tue Jan 18 23:13:20)
Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring x 2
Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet x 2
Trakanon Idol
Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring x 2

That's all I can confirm missing now; will update when I figure out what else there was.

ElanoraBryght
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Seb key was not restored on death.

getsome
04-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I was in POF during the last CT draco kill when this happened. And it was before the april 19 patch. I have submitted a petition listing the items.

I had the issue occur with two bags and was able to relog to recover the items from one bag. Seems that issue was a visual error, as the guide who was assisting me at the time was able to see the items even though i could not.

The other bag however all the items were gone and relog did not fix it. The bag was a tink bag and was in the bottom right corner of my bag slots.

I was assisted by hobby and another guide while in pof.

beyondinfin
04-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Just 1 hour ago (2:45am MST) I was playing on Resses a 41 cleric. After getting a port outside kc by a wiz to nek, I went to solb to join a group. I made it to the royals camp just in time for war to go afk after the monk pulled. I died on the first pull. I was bound in Fionia Vie. Luckily the cleric i was replacing could res us. After the 50% res I loot my body to find the small box I have that was full of CB belts was missing 4 now. I lost 4 CB belts, and considering the other items being lost Id say Im lucky. I hope this helps.

Beauregard
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Happened before April 19th in Sebilis, lost entire Forager bag full of items. Don't care about any of them except my jboots. Just want my jboots back.

Gremel
04-20-2011, 03:06 PM
just happened, in OT near FM zoneline. i died, came back and looted.

i had moved my seb key to bottom right slot of my empty inventory and ran to corpse, looted up and the last bag i looted (bag of sewn evil eye) ended up empty. i picked it up to cursor swapped it with seb key and hit my auto inventory button to drop seb key in first available bag slot. i then opened all my bags and saw my weapon bag was empty(ee bag is weapon bag, last slot bottom right). Guide amelinda answered petition and had me log out and back in and fixed the issue but thought i would throw this up incase the information helps in anyway

Mountaineer
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Just noticed today (4/20) that my overthere hammer is missing from my bags. Its the only thing missing. It may have been gone since the 17th, but im pretty sure its only been gone since last night/today.

Lilya
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Missing Imbrued platemail helm was in my bearskin potion bag

Asher
04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Just got ressed from an LD death in OT. Client crash with no error or anything.
I just noticed that one of my Driftwood Treasure Chests is missing about 7 or 8 braids. I don't know exactly how many to be honest and there may be other stuff missing too. I can't recall exactly what I had in there.

Asher

Asher
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Just Reengaged same mob. CTD with no error yet again.

edit: Items are back now after the other CTD.

Zeelot
04-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Had the items in my bottom right bag disappear after a rez earlier this evening in chardok. Relogging fixed it. So the bug is still there.

Rigor
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I lost many items in my bag after looting a fresh dead corpse,but i got em back camping & relogging. How? Looting the rest of the bags and replacing em in the right order before camping. Thanks to GMs for the fast & efficent help. :)

samplep
04-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I had died in WC, and had just looted my gear after the run back. All my musical instruments were gone, as well as my foraged food. Most of my other gear was there.

after a fresh relogging, the gear came back.

Bossco
04-22-2011, 10:40 AM
This is definitely not fixed. Yesterday I lost another medallion piece (swamp ground spawn thank god, ill just redo it) and today I lost a blue diamond electrum earring. Both after deaths.

This bug is infuriating. It's like russian roullete every time I log in. Please help

Daldaen
04-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Looted a corpse and my bag with food was completely empty.

Stack of Fruit, Vegetables, Berries, Rabbit Meat, Fish Scales, Bat Wings etc. (don't really care about this)
Elder Spiritist's Gauntlets (top right slot in my Large Soiled Bag -- top left bag in my main inventory, I alternate between ES gauntlets/Vermic depending on whats happening)
Fire Beetle Eye

in another bag
Golden Cat Eye Bracer

in another bag
Spell: Succor
Spell: Regrowth of the Grove

My internet dropped, I renabled it and logged back in. Got everything but my ES Gauntlets back.

Whenever this gets fixed I'll be greatly appreciative, I happen to die alot while afk :/ and this makes that 10x more annoying

SS of me in hand group with Hangnail spawn
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x205/Daldaen/EQ000102.jpg

SS of me now in hand group with ES Gauntlets
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x205/Daldaen/EQ000103.jpg

canker
04-23-2011, 03:43 AM
hey there, so at about 1:50am cst on the 23rd I was dueling a friend at firepots and when I looted corpse I noticed items missing from both my last two bag slots.. my 7th slot bag had everything missing and the 8th slot bag just had the item in bagslot #1 missing..

knowing and having experienced this bug before, I immediately camped out and back in and checked the bags.. after a rush of relief seeing everything back in it's places in those bags, I checked to put everything back in it's proper place and noticed my peggy cloak was missing :(. I believe I had moved it to my first bagslot inside a bag but am not 100% sure if it was there or in my 5th bag slot.. it was definitely in a bag though.

anyways, I immediately petitioned and within 3 minutes I was assisted by amelinda; she said she couldn't locate the cloak and I would have to post on the forums explaining as much as I could so here I am.

I hope that's enough information; I'm going to add these screenies that show cloak on my hotkey bar in case that helps. in the second one you can see I've just casted lev also, though it's not provable with spirit of cheetah looking like I had just memmed it (though it was actually still down from having used it while racing across DL to get into karnor's first)

http://i53.tinypic.com/et5ohx.jpg

and

http://i51.tinypic.com/in93ex.jpg

thanks, canker

Sharkstooth
04-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I logged out in the Neriak bank around 11am on Saturday April 23. When I logged back in at 12:45pm, my tinkerer's bag (first bag slot) was empty. The only contents when I logged out were a Pegasus Feather Cloak and a Lost Staff of the Scorned. This had happened earlier that day at 2am after a rez, but I zoned and that restored the items. Zoning/camping hasn't worked since then. Is there anything that can be done?

EDIt: Forgot to mention, my character is Pableau, lvl 53 Dark Elf Wizard

Bossco
04-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Was this fixed in the last patch, or just the visual bug?

Mountaineer
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
It was fixed apparently, just not reimbursed yet

Binsfelthakis
04-26-2011, 04:19 AM
logged back on and still missing items... sad face :(

Bossco
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
so uh, we gonna get this stuff back? Bunch of people missing big deal items...

Binsfelthakis
05-09-2011, 06:54 PM
are items not being returned....?

Sponge
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Not likely, I made a post 5 months ago in petition forums about a missing item, still no response, lol

Jadian
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
I randomly got one of my missing things back at least haha, DE Mask appeared in one of my bags the other day. Only thing I really raised a fuss about since I'm not even sure what else was missing (probably research shit and plat loot, maybe pet weapons)