PDA

View Full Version : What does "Classic" or P1999 really even mean?

Envious
04-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I dont know shit about the details of P1999... so someone, preferably someone from P99, please answer this.

Wtf does this even really mean?

Will mage pets con like NPCs and be able to double for 120+?
Necro pets have 19 delay and quad attack with FS daggers?
Egg Shaped Pumice?
Casters rule the world, no resists, and item loot

Or will it be the nerfed up pre Kunark classic?
Shit pumice
Necro pets still raping
Mage pets sucking shit, no dagger haste, no 120 melee
50 SV magic = 100% resists, no item loot?

Personally, I'm hoping for day 1 version of a red server, but meh, whatever. I just wanna be informed by someone that actually knows.

naez
04-17-2011, 03:56 PM
the fine steel dagger trick probably still works on live

Ennoia
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
I dont know shit about the details of P1999... so someone, preferably someone from P99, please answer this.

Wtf does this even really mean?

Egg Shaped Pumice?

Or will it be the nerfed up pre Kunark classic?
Shit pumice
Necro pets still raping
Mage pets sucking shit, no dagger haste, no 120 melee
50 SV magic = 100% resists, no item loot?

Personally, I'm hoping for day 1 version of a red server, but meh, whatever. I just wanna be informed by someone that actually knows.

P99 is as close to Classic EverQuest as the dev team can possibly get it. There are some differences, some numbers are slightly off on things, but they do their best to follow along the same timeline Sony went along with when the game first came out.

Jigga
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah Day 1 1999. I cant wait to trick someone to /consenting me so i can loot their entire corpse like how it was in 1999. Or always looting a melee's weapon and destroying it just to piss them off. Charming PC and making them attack guards will bring lols

Mardur
04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
No.
No.
Egg Shaped Pumice?
Was never available on p99 outside of GM events, no idea how they will handle it on the PVP server.
As it is now, (/dueling on P99) spells are mega easy to resist even with normal (non-resist) gear. Got a couple levels advantage? Not a chance.

neverquest
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
No.

No.

Was never available on p99 outside of GM events, no idea how they will handle it on the PVP server.

As it is now, (/dueling on P99) spells are mega easy to resist even with normal (non-resist) gear. Got a couple levels advantage? Not a chance.

juicedsixfo
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
"Classic" and "Day 1 Launch" are different things. Why is this hard to understand.

Classic is classic zones, armor, and loot; patched up with exploits out. Kunark can still be considered classic, even Velious to a degree. Luclin was where we all lost the game we loved and it went from MMO to a galactic space game.

I can't imagine they will be doing a "Day 1 Launch" version of the server only because if any crowd knows every single old unbalanced exploit, it's this crowd. I wouldn't want to play that anyway. Just make it how it was the day before Kunark came out.

naez
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
classic/kunark is garbage both pve/pvp. velious was "decent". safe zones and luclin gfx were gey but w/e QQ, luclin easily best xpac for AAs alone, and PoP had challenging/creative raids instead of send 50 mage pets to tank n spank. Both produced by Verant (which was a subsidy of Sony all along) for all you fan bois

PurelyElf
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Velious era was best pvp obv.

juicedsixfo
08-09-2011, 02:01 PM
classic/kunark is garbage both pve/pvp.

And yet, "classic" is the staple that all the mouth breathers stick to. "all or nothing brew."

2x exp Velious PvP server, where are you

Lazortag
08-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Using p99 as a pvp server basically means that the PvE aspects of the game will be extremely well coded (leagues better than any other emu server), so the devs can spend much more of their time fixing pvp issues instead and policing things like cheating. Which also means they'll be less likely to get burnt out from the overwhelming amount of work.

Envious
08-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Its like someone went through necro'ing random threads...

This thread was posted while we were in the middle of talking about what format the server should have.

I missed day 1 on P99, so had no clue wtf "Classic" even meant. Jboots in Najena, manastone, guise etc... but prolly no egg pumice. =(