PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: October 8th, 2019

Rogean
10-08-2019, 03:48 AM
Code
Rogean: Belly Casting now applies to unresistable spells.
Rogean: If a spell with a mana cost is granted to a non-caster NPC, they will now be given a mana pool (previously they were immune from mana restrictions).
Rogean: Updated some places where IsCasterClass was used, like Mana Taps and Sieves, to now check if there is a mana pool instead.
Rogean: Mana Taps will now only grant the amount of mana that is stolen. If the target is OOM, you get zero.
Haynar: Removed sticky feet from dragons, so it will be tougher for them to walk on ceilings.
Haynar: Improved mob movement in water.
Haynar: Updated Z Offset Calculations to match decompile of the client.
Haynar: player sizes used for calculations of player races to match client decompile. This fixes some Z calculations that were off.
Haynar: When illusions are applied, updated the size when a client playable race is used.
Content
Rogean: Capped Mana regen rate values for now until the Content team has a chance to evaluate specifics. Previously, some rates were so high that a mob would get enough mana to cast spells like Gate as soon as their tick was processed.

Kiwix
10-08-2019, 03:50 AM
1st (again)

Thanks for the great work!

Madbad
10-08-2019, 03:51 AM
pras

Videri
10-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Haynar: Removed sticky feet from dragons, so it will be tougher for them to walk on ceilings.

GAH! *looks upward*

Way to go. Thanks for fixing things. Glad to hear the mob mana issues are addressed. It seems like you and the crew are really on a roll lately.

Eumora
10-08-2019, 03:59 AM
I'm glad for the updates, but annoyed at the timing. I had taken my druid from 21 to less than a gold bubble from 24 within about 5 hours. I really... REALLY wanted to hit 24 tonight. All that work... well, I suppose it's not for nothing, but feels like it. If you could've postponed the maintenance for like... 30 mins, that'd have been awesome lol.

Linksfather
10-08-2019, 04:05 AM
"Activated Shadows of Luclin."

Excellent!! Thank you

Kiwix
10-08-2019, 04:20 AM

Yuck!

tubular
10-08-2019, 05:38 AM
any updates on the mass cheating that was occurring from people use autohotkey?

AenorVZ
10-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Any beans you can spill on Green beta?

Jimjam
10-08-2019, 06:07 AM
The servers are currently down for backend maintenance

Sounds like there might be some hardware installation happening!!?!!?!

scifo76
10-08-2019, 06:13 AM
Horasug told me it's a good day for sushi. While at it, will the book be up when server's coming back up?

Dolalin
10-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Rogean might be moving Blue to the new hardware, if his previous comments are anything to go by.

Cyph
10-08-2019, 06:25 AM
I guess a) awesome, thanks for the continued work, but b) damn, I had planned to play P99 tonight and am already intoxicated, before checking whether everything was a-ok.

bricke75
10-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Server showing up as 'locked' atm.

JackofSpade
10-08-2019, 06:52 AM
I need to know if Guardian Kozz respawns when the server comes up. I've made an executive decision that I alone am entitled to his loot rights, due to my self centered greed and disregard for other human beings. If you disagree you are a c***. Did I stutter?

scifo76
10-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all work, Rogean & Co.

Krone90
10-08-2019, 07:32 AM
/Krone backs away slowly from JackofSpades and his prey, scared of being slain

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 08:19 AM
I need to know if Guardian Kozz respawns when the server comes up. I've made an executive decision that I alone am entitled to his loot rights, due to my self centered greed and disregard for other human beings. If you disagree you are a c***. Did I stutter?

Five day spawn time, up on server/zone reset. Good hunting!

honeybee12874
10-08-2019, 08:30 AM

Can someone explain this please? I'm sure I must be interpreting this incorrectly. Is this for player spells? Harmony is unresistable. Does this mean I need to be standing "belly casting" distance from a mob to be able to cast Harmony? That would defeat the whole purpose lol.

Dolalin
10-08-2019, 08:31 AM
Only certain raid-level mobs are belly casters. Usually dragons like Naggy/Vox. Not your average run of the mill xp mob.

honeybee12874
10-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Only certain raid-level mobs are belly casters. Usually dragons like Naggy/Vox. Not your average run of the mill xp mob.

Okay that makes more sense. If the mob is a belly caster, I would need to be at its belly to cast Harmony?

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Okay that makes more sense. If the mob is a belly caster, I would need to be at its belly to cast Harmony?

Yes, you need to be standing in Naggy's crotch to fire it off. That's the only way he likes to receive Harmony.

You'll know you're too far away because you'll receive the “Your target resisted the SPELLNAME spell" message for your unresistable spell. If you turn on autoattack and are within melee range then you're also close enough to belly cast (you should try to always cast from underneath anyway to prevent over-aggro ping-pong).

Probably incomplete list of belly casters: every outdoor dragon except Fay, every indoor dragon, VS, VP dragons, all indoor fire/ice giants, ashenbone drakes (hate), golems (fear), CT.

Edit: on live Fay is not a belly caster, but apparently on p99 it is. Also add Phinigel.

Zemus
10-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Haven’t had a chance to see the changes in action yet, but thank you staff for the quick turn around on this!

Dolalin
10-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Yes I would think so.

baakss
10-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Pretty sure Porlos Fury worked from range back in the day?

Telin
10-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Pretty sure Porlos Fury worked from range back in the day?

We’ll make sure this is working for Bane spells, if not we'll get it fixed.

baakss
10-08-2019, 10:04 AM
We’ll make sure this is working for Bane spells, if not we'll get it fixed.

Thanks <3

Daldaen
10-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Unresistable spells never required belly casting to my knowledge, because they skipped the Resist check phase of spell casting where Belly Casting would be assessed.

To this day belly casting mobs on Live EQ can be Tash and Malo’d from range for example.

Is there some patch note I’ve missed indicating a change in this mechanic?

The issue I noticed on P99 with belly casting wasn’t with Unresistable spells working but instead with hate being generated on mobs when you would cast or click items out of belly range. Those spells cast out of range should be immediately resisted and generate essentially 0 aggro.

Haynar
10-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Unresistable spells never required belly casting to my knowledge, because they skipped the Resist check phase of spell casting where Belly Casting would be assessed.

To this day belly casting mobs on Live EQ can be Tash and Malo’d from range for example.

The issue I noticed on P99 with belly casting wasn’t with Unresistable spells working but instead with hate being generated on mobs when you would cast or click items out of belly range. Those spells cast out of range should be immediately resisted and generate essentially 0 aggro.

The discussion initially came up discussing how mana drain spells should work on belly casters.

FishBait01
10-08-2019, 11:48 AM
dat z axis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swbd2iCe454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNXgM8iRoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8cJRWTTwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW2g96LMmk0

Gustoo
10-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Excellent!! Thank you

can we ban this guy

Telin
10-08-2019, 12:10 PM

If this should be the case, please make a bug thread with in era evidence. There’s been limited research, but there have been raid guides and comments found calling for enchanters to be within melee range to cast their unresistable spells with no mention of exceptions.

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 12:39 PM
If this should be the case, please make a bug thread with in era evidence. There’s been limited research, but there have been raid guides and comments found calling for enchanters to be within melee range to cast their unresistable spells with no mention of exceptions.

Here is a discussion from the live TLP servers. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/trankanon-strat.258547/

Couple things to note:
- Trakanon, as with all Kunark dragons, is a belly caster - meaning to land spells you have to be on top of him and cannot cast on him from range unless the spell is unresistable(tash/malo)

Of course not sure when in the server progression this takes place, so I'll try to nail it down more definite.

Here is the Magician Raid Guide:

https://chillmode.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11735695

You have two swarm pet spells which can be used at range regardless of the belly caster issue and do a significant amount of damage but will empty your mana pool rapidly.These are

1) Dyzil's deafening decoy

2)Rage of Zomm

https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/tov-pulling-and-agro-questions.12624/

Unresistable spells however generate full aggro because they don’t require being in Melee range to land. So for example a Tash from a chanter, Malo from a shaman or Dragon Bane from a wizard would all generate full aggro.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4503&p=4

Dec 15 2004 at 6:05 PMRating: Decent
Branaddar
497 posts

He and a lot of other Kunark/Velious dragons are belly-casters. Meaning you need to be in melee range to land most spells on him. Tash only landed because it's unresistable.

going to go through the patch notes to see if this was in from launch

Grimlust666
10-08-2019, 12:41 PM
So the Z axis issues are fixed now? Is it safe to go into Velks again?

azeth
10-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Haynar: When illusions are applied, updated the size when a client playable race is used.

oof, no more giant gnomes & halflings after avatar procs for Barbs :(

Telin
10-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Here is a discussion from the live TLP servers. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/trankanon-strat.258547/

Of course not sure when in the server progression this takes place, so I'll try to nail it down more definite.

Here is the Magician Raid Guide:

https://chillmode.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11735695

https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/tov-pulling-and-agro-questions.12624/

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4503&p=4

Dec 15 2004 at 6:05 PMRating: Decent
Branaddar
497 posts

going to go through the patch notes to see if this was in from launch

This is good stuff, but please post it in the bug forum so it’s documented properly.

Eumora
10-08-2019, 01:27 PM

Blue is Green beta... it has been got over a decade.

Eumora
10-08-2019, 02:07 PM
got=for*

Gustoo
10-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Blue is Green beta... it has been got over a decade.

confirmed blue is green beta.

Red was beta 2.0

Green is actual server.

Baler
10-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Thank You *tears*

NOOO
I legitimately got scared as I read this and was screaming at the end.

Rogean: Mana Taps will now only grant the amount of mana that is stolen. If the target is OOM, you get zero.
Dang that was a great exploit while it lasted.

Rogean: Capped Mana regen rate values for now until the Content team has a chance to evaluate specifics. Previously, some rates were so high that a mob would get enough mana to cast spells like Gate as soon as their tick was processed.
Was actually going to make a thread asking the staff about this. Glad y'all are evaluating it.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Code
Rogean: If a spell with a mana cost is granted to a non-caster NPC, they will now be given a mana pool (previously they were immune from mana restrictions).
Rogean: Updated some places where IsCasterClass was used, like Mana Taps and Sieves, to now check if there is a mana pool instead.
Haynar: Updated Z Offset Calculations to match decompile of the client.
Haynar: player sizes used for calculations of player races to match client decompile. This fixes some Z calculations that were off.
Content

Is the in-game framerate now reduced further to 50FPS instead of 60FPS? I checked all my PC settings and I'm now hardcapped @ 50FPS when playing P99 (all 10+ other titles I checked run fine at 140FPS....)

Vizax_Xaziv
10-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Is the in-game framerate now reduced further to 50FPS instead of 60FPS? I checked all my PC settings and I'm now hardcapped @ 50FPS when playing P99 (all 10+ other titles I checked run fine at 140FPS....)

DISREGARD

seems to be fixed now for whatever reason (back to 60FPS cap)

YendorLootmonkey
10-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Yes, you need to be standing in Naggy's crotch to fire it off. That's the only way he likes to receive Harmony.

You'll know you're too far away because you'll receive the “Your target resisted the SPELLNAME spell" message for your unresistable spell. If you turn on autoattack and are within melee range then you're also close enough to belly cast (you should try to always cast from underneath anyway to prevent over-aggro ping-pong).

Probably incomplete list of belly casters: every outdoor dragon except Fay, every indoor dragon, VS, VP dragons, all indoor fire/ice giants, ashenbone drakes (hate), golems (fear), CT.

Edit: on live Fay is not a belly caster, but apparently on p99 it is. Also add Phinigel.

I distinctly remember on Live in Velious era I was harmonying Sontalak at range so the KOS could slip by along the wall to get into ToV, unless I'm misunderstanding something here?

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 09:22 PM
I distinctly remember on Live in Velious era I was harmonying Sontalak at range so the KOS could slip by along the wall to get into ToV, unless I'm misunderstanding something here?

Yeah, no I wasn't accurate there. My further posts show more info.

Excellio
10-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Okay, is anyone else having trouble? My client is still telling me I need new spell files, even though I've gotten the newest ones (50d) and extracted like normal.

Asher
10-09-2019, 12:18 AM

I dont think Harmony was required. Sontalak was just extremely low agro. Anyone could always walk past him by sticking to the walls. I do agree that unresistable spells never needed to be bellycast.

YendorLootmonkey
10-09-2019, 08:23 AM
I dont think Harmony was required. Sontalak was just extremely low agro. Anyone could always walk past him by sticking to the walls. I do agree that unresistable spells never needed to be bellycast.

Harmony was "required" because some guildmates were "special." (finger quotes). After the first mishap, I had one job....

honeybee12874
10-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Harmony was "required" because some guildmates were "special." (finger quotes). After the first mishap, I had one job....

Hahaha but I mean why not have that extra layer of protection anyway? Doesn't hurt anything right?

Rogean
10-09-2019, 09:58 AM
The belly cast / unresistable change is reverted for next patch.

Baler
10-09-2019, 10:37 AM
The belly cast / unresistable change is reverted for next patch.

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!
This actually makes me happy. :)

Quinas
10-10-2019, 12:42 AM
Dang that was a great exploit while it lasted.

Theft of Thought nerf indeed.

Vilkata
10-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Blackstone maul nerf was post Luclin?
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6197

Chapelle
10-11-2019, 02:31 PM

Anyone else seeing an impact when swimming through SG? Got unexpectedly rocked by seahorses with max swimming and sow when I didn't have trouble before.

PDX0621
10-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Where do I find the actual patch files to copy/paste?

loramin
10-13-2019, 07:15 PM
Where do I find the actual patch files to copy/paste?

You can always find the patch link on the front page.

PDX0621
10-13-2019, 07:16 PM
You can always find the patch link on the front page.

Yeah I thought it was usually included in the first post with the patch notes. Still looking for it. Sorry, been away a couple years, trying to re-figure this all out again.

loramin
10-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Yeah I thought it was usually included in the first post with the patch notes. Still looking for it. Sorry, been away a couple years, trying to re-figure this all out again.

It is in the first "patch" on the front page (a "patch" that says "Welcome").

And no worries, you're far from the first to have this issue :)

Tzug
10-20-2019, 03:49 PM
Not sure this is related to the most recent patch, but is anyone else's EC tunnel incredibly, incredibly bright? Oftentimes I'm going back between shady and t2 just to save my eyes.

On a less important note, the new graphic for the SK epic looks a little wonky.