PDA

View Full Version : Do solo battle bards benefit from item haste much?

Tobius
10-04-2019, 05:39 AM
Do solo battle bards benefit from item haste much?

My bards low level and still scraps a lot.
Would a https://wiki.project1999.com/Flowing_Black_Silk_Sash
be good for him?

Does it stack with the spell haste from
https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf
Does that stack with song haste?

Baler
10-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Bard melee damage sucks. There I said it plain and simple. They make up for it in every possible way however. Their songs give them access to tons of utility and they get almost every skill.

I think no, bards don't benefit from haste items much. You'll probably feel more rewarded quad kiting OR charm splitting 2 mobs and killing them both.

The http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide sort of explains how haste and stacking it works.

Tobius
10-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Bard melee damage sucks. There I said it plain and simple. They make up for it in every possible way however. Their songs give them access to tons of utility and they get almost every skill.

I think no, bards don't benefit from haste items much. You'll probably feel more rewarded quad kiting OR charm splitting 2 mobs and killing them both.

The http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide sort of explains how haste and stacking it works.

I get chunked when I try and charm split if it's a narrow space.
I fear kite a lot and I feel like haste and better weapons would cause the mobs to die sooner.

Troxx
10-04-2019, 09:46 AM
At LOW level bards do fine melee damage. Up until others get/have double AND it is high enough to start firing more consistently they actually contribute plenty of damage. In that range haste is a game changer.

Bard melee dps really starts to comparatively tank in the 30s and plummet from there.

From 50 and up I generally an advocate for bards putting their weapons away more often than not and using instruments

Tobius
10-04-2019, 10:03 AM
At LOW level bards do fine melee damage. Up until others get/have double AND it is high enough to start firing more consistently they actually contribute plenty of damage. In that range haste is a game changer.

Bard melee dps really starts to comparatively tank in the 30s and plummet from there.

From 50 and up I generally an advocate for bards putting their weapons away more often than not and using instruments

This is great info, thanks. He's 37 currently.

I don't swarm or swarm charm.

I only plan on getting him to 52 as a dragon alt unless I also get my shaman to that level and free him of that job.

With those 3 things in mind does that make it worth it enough to buy an fbss or better or nah?

Crede
10-04-2019, 10:31 AM
This is great info, thanks. He's 37 currently.

I don't swarm or swarm charm.

I only plan on getting him to 52 as a dragon alt unless I also get my shaman to that level and free him of that job.

With those 3 things in mind does that make it worth it enough to buy an fbss or better or nah?

Just grab some schw on the cheap. Always nice to have some worn haste even if bards melee dps sucks. Worn haste will stack with your song haste or werewolf spell haste. Song haste and spell haste do not stack. Your v2 haste at 50 and 60 stacks with any type of haste, but no combination will ever exceed the haste cap relative to your level range. Bard overhaste wasn’t a thing until later expansions.

Vexenu
10-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Bards get some pretty good ratio weapons to Twink with too. They melee better than people think until 40ish when they start to fade. But until then get some haste, twist haste song and slow on the mob you're fighting and you will be meleeing pretty effectively.

Tobius
10-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Just grab some schw on the cheap. Always nice to have some worn haste even if bards melee dps sucks. Worn haste will stack with your song haste or werewolf spell haste. Song haste and spell haste do not stack. Your v2 haste at 50 and 60 stacks with any type of haste, but no combination will ever exceed the haste cap relative to your level range. Bard overhaste wasn’t a thing until later expansions.

Forgive my noobness what does Schw mean?

I noticed werewolf haste doesn't stack with bard song haste? This means it's better than The jonathons line until the mid 40s one... I had JWW in my set list when I fight, is it worth replacing* with something else now?
Any advice?

Even when I get the slightly better one 48% haste to 40% on werewolf, given that werewolf can do most of that is it more optimum to use another song.

Blingy
10-04-2019, 12:52 PM
SCHW = http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps

Tobius
10-04-2019, 01:01 PM
SCHW = http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps

Ahhh those are on my bookmarks I'm aware of them.

Crede
10-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Forgive my noobness what does Schw mean?

I noticed werewolf haste doesn't stack with bard song haste? This means it's better than The jonathons line until the mid 40s one... I had JWW in my set list when I fight, is it worth replacing* with something else now?
Any advice?

Even when I get the slightly better one 48% haste to 40% on werewolf, given that werewolf can do most of that is it more optimum to use another song.

Can’t click werewolf illusion until 40. So that’s only 5 levels where it’s your best spell/song haste until the 45 self. But yes you should probably use werewolf if melee soloing to save you having to twist in that haste song.

Aaramis
10-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Back on live, I mained Ranger but my alt was a Bard. I had no issues meleeing, although damage *was* noticeably weaker. But not so much that it hamstringed me.
Between slowing a target, hasting myself to crazy levels, and keeping a DoT or DS up, I managed to solo most things if I had to melee.

Granted, P99 is a different story, so take that with a grain of salt, but I suspect Bard melee is underrated.

Tobius
10-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Can’t click werewolf illusion until 40. So that’s only 5 levels where it’s your best spell/song haste until the 45 self. But yes you should probably use werewolf if melee soloing to save you having to twist in that haste song.

Brilliant thanks, yeah even if there's a slightly better haste I figured it'd be more optimum to just use an entirely different song to minimise like buff overlap/redundancy.

Tobius
10-04-2019, 03:17 PM
One more question. Will a haste better than illusion overwrite wolf haste but still let you look like a wolf?

Otherwise I'll continue to identify as a water elemental.