PDA

View Full Version : Pet classes, how to tell if yopur pet is the right pet for you?

Jibartik
09-22-2019, 02:36 PM
I may have missed it but have been reading the necro guides and cant find a definitive section or guide on determine if your blue pet, is the highest level blue pet you can conjure?

How does one go about this? Must you rely on dps?

Vexenu
09-22-2019, 02:42 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer#Pet_Information

Pet's max melee hit will tell you the level.

enjchanter
09-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Ideally you want It hitting for 148 - 152 in kunark zones
And I think 232 in velious ? I forget as I domt do much velks

Jibartik
09-22-2019, 04:23 PM
Uh I am level 6 haha

level for necro pet will make a level 4 necro and a level 5 necro, once I am level 6 I cant tell which one it is, levle 4 or levle 5?! Is there a way?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Necroma...et_Information

after looking through this chart, I dont see how it could offer any help, it doesn't seem to distinguish between the max melee of a level X pet and a level X+ pet... I still dont get it! :(

Also would prefer if there was a way to determine by looking at it or conning it? Is that just nota t hing? you have to engage in a fight you cant win with a pet that is sub par, before you know your pet is sub par? This is how Ive done it for 20 years, but I was surely hoping there was a better way.

enjchanter
09-22-2019, 04:26 PM
No you have to check its damage to determine its level.
But honestly I dont find resummonkng pets over and over is worth the time or mana.

Jibartik
09-22-2019, 04:37 PM
But honestly I dont find resummonkng pets over and over is worth the time or mana.

A pets level means the difference between killing 20 creatures without it needing to rest or needing to rest after every creature at level 6 lol

Too bad those bone chips are so rare then too haha

Ok well, that is the news I was afraid of, thank you!!

Vexenu
09-22-2019, 05:36 PM
after looking through this chart, I dont see how it could offer any help, it doesn't seem to distinguish between the max melee of a level X pet and a level X+ pet... I still dont get it! :(

Example, look at Leering Corpse, the level 4 pet. It can be levels 3, 4 or 5. Max melee hit is listed as 8-12, meaning a level 3 pet will max for 8, level 4 for 10 and level 5 for 12. So you summon a pet and have it attack something and you can figure out what level the pet is by its max melee damage. It works the same for pets of all levels, the numbers just scale up.

Sacer
09-22-2019, 05:51 PM
There is a few trick to check the pet level, my favorite is attacking a low level mob, pet will max hit more often than not.
Around 20 you start to summon green pets sometimes, I usually recast until I get a blue one.

Jibartik
09-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Thank you guys! I am now feeling much more capable. Thank you thank you!

isoka
09-27-2019, 05:59 AM
At low level also, pets don't dual wield yet and their initial damage isn't that great, so giving them a high dmg 2H weapon is quite nice since they will then hit for twice the weapon damage.
Rusty hallebards with 10dmg will make your pet hit for 20, regardless of its level (when their initial dmg goes above 20, they will then hit for their initial dmg ofc)

Izmael
09-27-2019, 07:06 AM
Soon as you get your first charm undead spell (lvl 20), just charm and forget about summoned pets.

It's much more efficient, more fun, you level faster and you don't need to worry about bone chips or summoning max level pet.

BlackBellamy
09-27-2019, 11:17 AM
my favorite is attacking a low level mob, pet will max hit more often than not.

This. There is always a trash mob around to let you know how Jebartnik is feeling.

Troxx
09-27-2019, 11:33 AM

For mages it is absolutely worth it in groups. The same is true for necromancers but you have to decide whether it’s worth the 2 chips.

If you’re keeping your pet for a while (groups), a max summon max level pet will put out significantly more damage over time. Max water hits 12% harder than min water at 60 and is 4 levels higher meaning it will more consistently land hits skewed to the higher end of its potential.

I always summon until max on my mage.

With EoT also costing a peridot I’ll settle for a max pet minus 1 level.

Lojik
09-27-2019, 12:00 PM
For mages it is absolutely worth it in groups. The same is true for necromancers but you have to decide whether it’s worth the 2 chips.

If you’re keeping your pet for a while (groups), a max summon max level pet will put out significantly more damage over time. Max water hits 12% harder than min water at 60 and is 4 levels higher meaning it will more consistently land hits skewed to the higher end of its potential.

I always summon until max on my mage.

With EoT also costing a peridot I’ll settle for a max pet minus 1 level.

I think a tendency is for people to compare max hits, but the real issue is the level of the pet matters so much in landing hits. So I agree, get that max level pet.

Has anyone ever tried to parse min pet v. max pet in xp group kind of thing?

Troxx
09-27-2019, 01:56 PM
I think a tendency is for people to compare max hits, but the real issue is the level of the pet matters so much in landing hits. So I agree, get that max level pet.

Has anyone ever tried to parse min pet v. max pet in xp group kind of thing?

20-25% dps has been my experience.