PDA

View Full Version : The Resist System Balance Thread

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 10:54 AM
UPDATED RESIST MODIFIERS FOR ALL SPELLS SO IGNORE ALL THE CASTER WHINING RESPONSES UNDERNEATH

Wiz cast draught for -75 resist modifier without debuff
Mage cast nukes for -75 resist modifier with mala
Enchanter nuke and dot for -75 resist modifier after tash
Shamans dot for -75 resist modifier with malo and about the same for insidious decay

Making this thread so people can post what they think the resist system should be. When I say post what it should be, I don't mean "I'm a level 4 halfling and I want my spells to blow things up". I mean post actual numbers, some kind of resist formula or system. The chart I posted in another thread is basically the exact same resist system used on Sullon Zek during Kunark and Velious. So my method of balance is to start from that point, then modify resists on a per-spell basis from there. One major reason it should be done this way is because casters usually dominate melee in the lower levels and don't really start lagging until late Kunark. There's no need to adjust the low end to make them any more powerful there, just at 50+.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5918/linear1.jpg

Changes made to spells for each class

All of this can be done so the changes only occur when you're casting on other players and not have any effect on PvE. 99% of the changes are level 51+ spells only.

- Malo, Mala, & Tash - while debuffed by either of these spell lines, they do their normal debuff value as well as nullifying the effects of any cold, fire, magic, and poison resist buffs you have up until it wears off. This would affect bards too, so no more invincible training machines.

- I tried to implement stuns into PvP to add more skill to caster vs caster spell fights so you can strategically interrupt each others heals, nukes, gates, etc. To accomplish this, the stuns need to land more reliably but for less duration. You can also cast it to let people catch up to a runner. Duration is short enough so you're not going to be perma locking people down with multiple casters.

- normal PvP spell damage reduction still applies as well as line of sight check at start and end of spell cast

Wizard Spells

- Wizard draughts changed to -75 resist mod

- Wizard Ice Spear of Solist changed to -75 resist mod

- Wizard Sunstrike changed to -50 resist mod

- Wizard Markar's Discord changed to 2 second stun -50 resist mod

- Wizard Thunderbolt AE spell (if in game) changed to 2 second stun -50 resist mod

- Wizard AE's changed to -50 resist mod: Winds of Gelid, Jyll's Wave of Heat, Vengeance of Al'Kabor, Invert Gravity, Tears of Prexus, Pillar of Flame, Retribution of Al'Kabor, Tears of Solusek

Cleric Spells

- Cleric spell Judgement changed to -50 resist mod

- Cleric spell Reckoning changed to -50 resist mod

- Cleric spell Upheavel changed to -50 resist mod

- Cleric spell The Unspoken word changed to -25 resist mod (has a blind component so can't lower it to 50)

- Cleric spell Enforced Reverence changed to 2s stun duration -50 resist mod

- Cleric spell Force changed to 2s stun duration and -50 resist mod (changed due to paladin having it changed)

Druid Spells

- Druid spell Wildfire changed to -50 resist mod

- Druid spell Fist of Karana changed to -50 resist mod

- Druid spell Breath of Karana changed to -50 resist mod and 2s stun to match other stuns

- Druid spell Frost resist changed to -50 resist mod

- Druid spell Scoriae changed to -50 resist mod

- Druid spell Blizzard changed to -50 resist mod

- Druid spell Winged Death changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

- Druid spell Drifting Death changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

- Druid spell Drones of Doom changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

Enchanter

- Enchanter spell Asphyxiate changed to -35 resist mod

- Enchanter spell Dementing Visions changed to -35 resist mod

- Enchanter spell Torment of Argli spell changed to -35 resist mod

- Enchanter spell Largarn's Lamentation changed to 2s stun -50 resist mod

- Enchanter spell Dementia changed to -35 resist mod

- Enchanter spell Color Slant changed to 2s stun & -50 resist mod

Magician

- Mage spell Call of the Hero changed to not clear aggro to lower it's usefulness for training(optional)

- Mage spell Manastorm changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Seeking Flame of Seukor changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Shock of Steel changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Sirocco changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Scars of Sigil changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Char changed to -40 resist mod

- Mage spell Scintillation changed to -40 resist mod

Necromancer

- Necromancer spell Pyrocruor changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Cessation of Cor changed to -50 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Chill Bones changed to -50 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Plague changed to -50 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Splurt changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Envenomed Bolt changed to -50 resist mod

- Necromancer spell Ignite Blood changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

Paladin

- Paladin spell Force changed to 2s duration -50 resist mod

Ranger

- Ranger spell Dustdevil changed to -40 resist mod

- Ranger spell Drones of Doom changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

- Ranger spell Firestrike changed to -40 resist mod

Shadowknight

- Shadowknight spell Asystole changed to -50 resist mod

- Shadowknight spell Boil Blood changed from -100 to -200 resist mod

Shaman

- Shaman spell Bane of Nife changed to -30 resist mod

- Shaman spell Torrent of Poison changed to -40 resist mod

- Shaman spell Ice Strike changed to -40 resist mod

- Shaman spell Pox of Bertoxxulous changed to -30 resist mod

Misto
04-16-2011, 11:09 AM
nice graph

Foxx
04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
that graph is way to mathematically complex..

also, root and snare should be removed from the game (this includes necro/sk darkness) imo

Daldaen
04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
that graph is way to mathematically complex..

also, root and snare should be removed from the game (this includes necro/sk darkness) imo

Yea... and so should warriors ability to dual wield...

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
If anybody wants to whine and claim this is a bad system, go ahead and post your own and we'll see if it looks any better. With the one I posted, a warrior walking around unbuffed with 120 fire resist (which is a shit ton for kunark, probably would need the best warrior usable items in the game in every slot) would resist a wizard draught 45% of the time. If he had malo cast on him, he would resist draughts 0% of the time.

If the warrior was buffed with 55 fire resist buff from a druid to reach 175 fire resist, the wizard would have to use lures. If he had malo or mala cast on him while that druid resist buff was up, his resist would go from 175 to 75 due to changes in malo/mala listed in the first post.

- Malo, Mala & Tash - while debuffed by either of these spell lines, they do their normal debuff value as well as nullifying the effects of any cold, fire, magic, and poison resist buffs you have up until it wears off. This would affect bards too, so no more invincible training machines.

I think people are going to have a hard time trying to claim this system is anywhere close to being unfair to casters. It can be adjusted again once Velious is released if necessary.

Misto
04-16-2011, 11:45 AM
If anybody wants to whine and claim this is a bad system, go ahead and post your own and we'll see if it looks any better.

no1's whining about ur post dumbass.

we just said nice graph.

Foxx
04-16-2011, 11:45 AM
wer, most of those changes are directed towards kunark and velious era spells, i am pretty sure if/when red99 comes out it will be classic era

Lasher
04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
So all or nothing nuke? no partials?

You graph makes it too easy to achieve resists for the most common stats mr,cr, and fr.

I personally like it because i will be playing a healer so doesnt afffect me as much as other casters.

As a druid with 2 pieces of raiding gear, verm bracers along with other soloable or 1 groupable items my mock set up gets me these resists self buffed

126mr( 141 with grm), 120 fr, 114cr. I can switch out tcrown for a frog crown if i konw im fighting someone using less mr nukes

Thats just druid so not sure how othe classes will fair. Like i said i like it. I know comfortably i wont be get nuked much. A sham and an ench will need to debuff me and keep those debuffs on me, im not going to let it be easy for malo line to stay on me. Tash will be harder to keep off since its so fast to cast and relative low mana.

The graph is "ok" while people are lvling from 1-50 and gearing up. Once people get geared up with just a few pieces of gear you will see a lot of resists.

So yeah, i would play with tht resist system

Knuckle
04-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I think I could shit out a better graph than that, here is my totally kickass partial resist system i suggested on vztz:

White Mage knuckle w/ spell resist system

White Mage knuckle here with tomes of power from the past, here was my suggested partial resist system, with enough checks and balances to make any player happy:

http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?...ht=shaman+epic

08-06-2009

The best thing you can do with the spell system is add a ballpark number to each resist range, never give someone a flat percent; for a certain resist.

0-50 5-25% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 85% chance for partial resist.
Partial will do 50-95% damage.

51-100 25-35% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially 75% chance for partial resist. Partial will do 45-90% damage.

101-140 36-45% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 65% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 40-90% damage.

141-180 46-60% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially 50% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 35-85% damage.

181-240 61-80% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 45% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 25-85% damage.

241-300 68-80% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 40% chance for a partial resist. Partial will deal 20-75% damage.

A player has 76 fire resist and an opponent casts Starfire on them.

51-100 25-35% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially

a /random 100 yields 68.
The player either fully or partially resists the spell.

85% chance for partial resist. The player has a check for Full or Partial resist.

The roll comes up /random yields 39.
The player had to roll an 86 to get a full resist, since the roll was 39, now the player has a check to see what % of damage he takes.

At the 50-100 resist check, a player takes 45-90% damage. So a /random 45 90 takes place.

The roll comes up /random yields 80.

The player takes a 20% reduction in damage from the starfire.

The only difference between DoT and root effects in this case, is I argue that DoT and Root effects durations should be effected equally in these situations, there is no reason why DoT should be immune to reduction in damage, so the most reasonable solution is to make any % reduction from a partial resist reduce the number of ticks, or duration of the DoT.

A player has 110 poison resist, a shaman casts Bane of Nife on him.

101-140 36-45% chance to resist a spell fully or partially.

The players resist check /random yields 85.

The player succeeded his first check, the spell will not do it's full damage, if it does any at all, a second check is now made to see if the player fully resists Bane of Nife, or if it's duration is reduced.

The players second resist check is a 55.
65% chance for a partial resist at 100-140. Therefore the spell's DoT duration is reduced.

Now it is time to see how much the DoTs duration is reduced.
Partial resist will do 40-90% damage or duration. In this case the player partially resist bane of nife.

A third resist check is now made, yielding a 75.

Bane of Nife will last 75% of its normal duration. If it normally ticked 12 times in pvp, it will only last 9 ticks in this situation.

These two examples show how this system would work, the rule with DoTs apply to Roots. Anyway that's my 2 cents on a new resist system, it never makes a player immune but grants a very generous partial resist system, and prevents classes such as mages from being locked out from landing a spell.

I obviously would not make public to the playerbase what the actual resist level values are, since that would encourage players to make the 'minimum' in one resist and start stacking others, better to keep them in the dark.

If a player knew a resist check range was 101-140, he might consider making it just enough to hit 101 and stack another resist. Keep it hidden from the player and let him learn a balance through trial and error.

This is all I will ever put into a resist system idea, cheers.

Spells that are unresistable like the insect line of druid dots would not be effected by this system, same as lures.

Graph pic inc

Macken
04-16-2011, 12:13 PM
You need to give up on creating your melee paradise.

Casters need help not nerfing.

Any nerf to casters is a real bad idea. Why do you want to discourage people from picking a class that already is too tough to play anyway? I'm sorry that you can't figure out how to win vs. root, stun, etc... but the rest of us aren't having trouble.

Wizards need their stuns, so stop proposing nerfs to an already weak class.

There is no los check at end of casting. Do you want everyone to be melee dude? have you even thought past your butt hurt feelings?

Game easier for wehrmacht = failed server for everyone else.

Macken
04-16-2011, 12:17 PM
also, your graph is horribly wrong.

At the end it should droop like your penis. It never reaches 100%. Everyone knows this. It isn't like you are going to fool everyone. We have all played as much or more than you. Who exactly do you think you are talking to or trying to fool?

Sniperfire
04-16-2011, 12:19 PM
If anybody wants to whine and claim this is a bad system, go ahead and post your own and we'll see if it looks any better. With the one I posted, a warrior walking around unbuffed with 120 fire resist (which is a shit ton for kunark, probably would need the best warrior usable items in the game in every slot) would resist a wizard draught 45% of the time. If he had malo cast on him, he would resist draughts 0% of the time.

If the warrior was buffed with 55 fire resist buff from a druid to reach 175 fire resist, the wizard would have to use lures. If he had malo or mala cast on him while that druid resist buff was up, his resist would go from 175 to 75 due to changes in malo/mala listed in the first post.

- Malo & Mala - while debuffed by either of these spell lines, they do their normal debuff value as well as nullifying the effects of any cold, fire, magic, and poison resist buffs you have up until it wears off. This would affect bards too, so no more invincible training machines.

I think people are going to have a hard time trying to claim this system is anywhere close to being unfair to casters. It can be adjusted again once Velious is released if necessary.

120 fire is easily attainable in kunark.....also dont change the game making stuns shorter negates there use dont try to rewrite eq just balance it

shawl of protection and start resists and your 1/2 way to 120 with one item on... caster stun durations are important for them to operate properly

i went back and read this again and its very clear to me your an idiot...this is the biggest pile of shit ever to be called a post imo

Macken
04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
http://www.vexthal.com/wehrmachtlol.gif

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 12:59 PM
So all or nothing nuke? no partials?

You're getting too far ahead here. You first have to implement when full resists occur then do some arena testing. Then you adjust how aggressive you want your partial damage modifiers from there. If you test it and think casters would be underpowered with any partial damage modifier thrown in the mix, then sure, leave it at full or nothing. If they do too much damage, then set an aggressive partial modifier.

We already have PvP spell damage reduction so it's just something you have to test to see what's balanced.

You graph makes it too easy to achieve resists for the most common stats mr,cr, and fr.

It's the same resist curve for every resist stat. Seeing as how malo, mala, and tash spells nullify any resist buffs someone has as well as debuffing them, it's easy as shit to nuke people. Run the numbers yourself.

If your character had 120FR and +55FR in buffs from a druid for a total of 175FR, getting malo'd would bring you down to 75FR. If you were then nuked by a cleric (with -25resist mod on their nuke), you would resist his spells 25% of the time. You would resist wizard draughts 0% of the time.

I know comfortably i wont be get nuked much.

That's where you're wrong. Look at my above example. If you get debuffed and don't get it off, you're gonna get roasted. It's not that easy to dispell yourself in mass PvP with a bunch of melees running around plus the -50 resist mod stuns from other casters too. Some people will just keep fighting, others will try to run and hide till they get it off. Even in 1vs1, you're not guaranteed to get it off fast due to stuns to interrupt you.

The graph is "ok" while people are lvling from 1-50 and gearing up. Once people get geared up with just a few pieces of gear you will see a lot of resists.

How is it just "ok"? Even if you had 160FR completely unbuffed (who has that during kunark?), one malo takes you to 115FR (also nullifying whatever resist buffs you had too), then all base nukes are -25mod to lower it even further to 90FR. You would fully resist standard nukes 70% of the time and resist draughts 45% of the time. If you manage to get one resist that high unbuffed, you probably gimped HP, AC, and every other resist. I don't see anything needing to be changed till possibly endgame Velious when large resist items start to appear.

You need to give up on creating your melee paradise.

Casters need help not nerfing.

Here comes the inevitable Macken whine posts. All the stuff I posted is an enormous bonus to casters in comparison to EQ live. Don't compare what I posted to the delusional world of TZVZ where whirl till you hurl works in PvP because this server isn't TZVZ. If you can't even come up with a resist alternative yourself, you have no right to whine either.

You also tried to claim "There is no LOS check at end of casting". Once again, this isn't the TZVZ server that nobody wants to play on where 6 mages port into a dungeon, invis to your camp spot, nuke everyone to death in 3 seconds, then gate out. I was in the guild that did that all day for god's sake. Caster's aren't supposed to dominate outdoors and inside dungeons at the same time. I don't know anyone stupid enough except you to try and claim wizard stuns should last the full 8 second duration either while also hitting for 750 damage.

also dont change the game making stuns shorter negates there use dont try to rewrite eq just balance it

Stuns landed 0% of the time on EQ live PvP servers. Having them land at all is an upgrade, not a nerf. If you're some kind of little kid that's only played TZVZ and doesn't know this, don't bother posting in a thread discussing resists for an "EQ Emulator" server. You were also dumb enough to mention "Shawl of protection" like everyone on the server has them when only like 1% or less will.

For the 2nd time, if you're too dumb to even come up with your own resist system to post, don't cry like a girl to people that do post one.

Macken
04-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Seeing as how malo, mala, and tash spells nullify any resist buffs someone has as well as debuffing them, it's easy as shit to nuke people.

Even in 1vs1,

You would fully resist standard nukes 70% of the time and resist draughts 45% of the time. If you manage to get one stat that high unbuffed, you probably gimped HP, AC, and every other resist.

So you are giving malo, mala and tash to casters now 1 vs 1?

and of course to keep it balanced you are going to make casters able to resist melee damage 70% of the time and disciplines 45% of the time?

Knuckle
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I think I could shit out a better graph than that, here is my totally kickass partial resist system i suggested on vztz:

White Mage knuckle w/ spell resist system

White Mage knuckle here with tomes of power from the past, here was my suggested partial resist system, with enough checks and balances to make any player happy:

http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?...ht=shaman+epic

08-06-2009

The best thing you can do with the spell system is add a ballpark number to each resist range, never give someone a flat percent; for a certain resist.

0-50 5-25% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 85% chance for partial resist.
Partial will do 50-95% damage.

51-100 25-35% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially 75% chance for partial resist. Partial will do 45-90% damage.

101-140 36-45% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 65% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 40-90% damage.

141-180 46-60% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially 50% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 35-85% damage.

181-240 61-80% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 45% chance for a partial resist. Partial will do 25-85% damage.

241-300 68-80% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially. 40% chance for a partial resist. Partial will deal 20-75% damage.

A player has 76 fire resist and an opponent casts Starfire on them.

51-100 25-35% chance to resist a spell fully OR partially

a /random 100 yields 68.
The player either fully or partially resists the spell.

85% chance for partial resist. The player has a check for Full or Partial resist.

The roll comes up /random yields 39.
The player had to roll an 86 to get a full resist, since the roll was 39, now the player has a check to see what % of damage he takes.

At the 50-100 resist check, a player takes 45-90% damage. So a /random 45 90 takes place.

The roll comes up /random yields 80.

The player takes a 20% reduction in damage from the starfire.

The only difference between DoT and root effects in this case, is I argue that DoT and Root effects durations should be effected equally in these situations, there is no reason why DoT should be immune to reduction in damage, so the most reasonable solution is to make any % reduction from a partial resist reduce the number of ticks, or duration of the DoT.

A player has 110 poison resist, a shaman casts Bane of Nife on him.

101-140 36-45% chance to resist a spell fully or partially.

The players resist check /random yields 85.

The player succeeded his first check, the spell will not do it's full damage, if it does any at all, a second check is now made to see if the player fully resists Bane of Nife, or if it's duration is reduced.

The players second resist check is a 55.
65% chance for a partial resist at 100-140. Therefore the spell's DoT duration is reduced.

Now it is time to see how much the DoTs duration is reduced.
Partial resist will do 40-90% damage or duration. In this case the player partially resist bane of nife.

A third resist check is now made, yielding a 75.

Bane of Nife will last 75% of its normal duration. If it normally ticked 12 times in pvp, it will only last 9 ticks in this situation.

These two examples show how this system would work, the rule with DoTs apply to Roots. Anyway that's my 2 cents on a new resist system, it never makes a player immune but grants a very generous partial resist system, and prevents classes such as mages from being locked out from landing a spell.

I obviously would not make public to the playerbase what the actual resist level values are, since that would encourage players to make the 'minimum' in one resist and start stacking others, better to keep them in the dark.

If a player knew a resist check range was 101-140, he might consider making it just enough to hit 101 and stack another resist. Keep it hidden from the player and let him learn a balance through trial and error.

This is all I will ever put into a resist system idea, cheers.

Spells that are unresistable like the insect line of druid dots would not be effected by this system, same as lures.

Graph pic inc

/\/\/\/\/\

Foxx
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
pretty sure when someone has good enough gear like u say, landing mala line of spells is going to be real difficult, until shamans/mages get the unresistable one at like 58 or 60 or whatever level it is..

and then again, u do know mala and malo can be dispelled right? i heard keeping ur top buff slot open is hard tho

Macken
04-16-2011, 01:18 PM
.it's easy as shit to nuke people.

At some point, even a moron realizes that he's dropping clues.

If you don't want us to realize you are moronic, then you should probably just stick to things you can prove which you havn't made up, while simultaneously trying to assert you have any experience at playing eq at all.

I can tell from that one statement:

1. you have never played eq past beginner mode.
2. You have never played a caster.
3. You think everyone is an idiot.
4. you don't realize that everyone knows you are moronic.
5. You have played so little, with such little experience, that you never figured out it's not easy as shit to nuke melees--resists or not.

Knuckle
04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I had to LOL hard at wehrmacht thinking a bard is ever going to be phased by malo or mala, their resists with raid gear and twisting the MR song with the psalm of whatever is ridiculous. We definitely had some 400+ mr warriors on VS fights.

Macken
04-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Here comes the inevitable Macken whine posts. All the stuff I posted is an enormous bonus to casters in comparison to EQ live. Don't compare what I posted to the delusional world of TZVZ where whirl till you hurl works in PvP because this server isn't TZVZ. If you can't even come up with a resist alternative yourself, you have no right to whine either.

You also tried to claim "There is no los check at end of casting". Once again, this isn't the TZVZ server that nobody wants to play on. Nobody wants to play on a server where 6 mages port into a dungeon, invis to your camp spot, nuke everyone to death in 3 seconds, then gate out. I was in the guild that did that all day for god's sake. Caster's aren't supposed to dominate outdoors and inside dungeons at the same time. I don't know anyone stupid enough except you to try and claim wizard stuns should last the full 8 second duration either while also hitting for 750 damage.

I don't need to come up with an alternate resists system complete with graphs to remind everyone that you are a dumbass who is trying to re-invent history to make up for your weakness. All i need to do is remind everyone that no one ever resisted any spell 100% of the time, and all your fail graphs showing fail ideas and lies about yesteryear are kaput.

And furthermore, It doesn't matter what words you try to put in my mouth. No one is fooled. Of course there was no end of cast los check in pvp on SZ live nor on VZTZ. I am not aware that anyone besides you is confused enough to think there ever was on live SZ or anywhere else in pvp for that matter. So i will save that flame for if anyone is as ignorant as you.

Lastly, I never said anything about 8 second stun time. But you sure did. It wasn't like that on VZTZ despite your assertions it was. But since you brought up the fact that 8 seconds is the actual original spell description, then i guess it will have to be implemented because that is what this server is about right? Original pvp?

Thanks for making a great point.

Koota
04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
How is it just "ok"? Even if you had 160FR completely unbuffed (who has that during kunark?), one malo takes you to 115FR (even if you had 55FR druid buff up), then all base nukes are -25mod to lower it even further to 90FR. You would fully resist standard nukes 70% of the time and resist draughts 45% of the time.

This is nowhere near to classic. If you want a Project1999 PvP server, I'd suggest sticking somewhere to 1999. Resisting ANY NUKE except for MR based one was something that was RARELY obtainable unless your resists were in 150+. Even then, I will reiterate, it was rare. Magic based nukes, however, were easier to resist. And no, I am not going to create a graph to solidify my point. But with the system you are proposing, you are making it so any melee with stacked resists has a chance to fully resist nukes that shouldn't be able to be resisted easily.

If a wizard gets their draughts resisted nearly half, and their Ice Comets resisted 75% of the time, you now have a broken class that nobody is going to play. Everyone is going to roll Shadow Knights, Warriors, and Rogues.

My suggestion would be to do some research on the PvP servers back in 1999 and try to mirror a system closely to that, as it's likely going to inspire a solid implementation by the P99 staff. Not some system that you think will better make melees awesome.

Macken
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Stuns landed 0% of the time on EQ live PvP servers.

For the 2nd time, if you're too dumb to even come up with your own resist system to post, don't cry like a girl to people that do post one.

You are an absolute moron who can't figure out that everyone knows you were horrible at EQ and are making up stuff to make your life easier without caring that you are trying to horribly skew pvp towards melee where it already is anyway.

And no one needs to do anything beyond remembering what it was like vs. what you wish it was like.

Go ahead and write a thesis with false assertions and 1000 graphs. I'll tear it all down and render it obsolete in 15 seconds, all the while revealing you for the fool you are.

Just as a warning, I think you are about to, or already have de-throned some major forum morons. If you keep it up, you just might be #1 in something eq related.

Macken
04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
If a wizard gets their draughts resisted nearly half, and their Ice Comets resisted 75% of the time, you now have a broken class that nobody is going to play. Everyone is going to roll Shadow Knights, Warriors, and Rogues.

Don't forget his target class--Monk

The sad part is he doesn't care. He goes on and about some guild on VZTZ that tore him a new asshole, crying about they don't care about balance or long term server viability.

Then he follows it up with this crap. I understand when you are beat down constantly by weaker classes, that it can get to your psyche. But being #1 on an empty server isn't what you think it will be wehrmacht.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Of course there was no end of cast los check in pvp on SZ live nor on VZTZ. I am not aware that anyone besides you is confused enough to think there ever was on live SZ or anywhere else in pvp for that matter.

Good god, this little kid named Macken made like 10 posts in 3 seconds crying in every one of them. Everyone knows to land a spell on EQ live, there was a line of sight check at the begging and at the end of your cast. You just made up that lie out of thin air saying there was only one LOS check. It was changed to one LOS check for TZVZ only.

I had to LOL hard at wehrmacht thinking a bard is ever going to be phased by malo or mala, their resists with raid gear and twisting the MR song with the psalm of whatever is ridiculous. We definitely had some 400+ mr warriors on VS fights.

If you actually read what I posted. I said Tash, Malo, and Mala would nullify resist buffs as well as debuffing them. So if a bard had a million resist with songs up but only 100 in items, he would have 100-45= 55 after malo.

But since you brought up the fact that 8 seconds is the actual original spell description, then i guess it will have to be implemented because that is what this server is about right? Original pvp?

Sure, I guess if that's what you want we can have an 8 second stun that lands 0% of the time if you want normal EQ PvP.

If a wizard gets their draughts resisted nearly half, and their Ice Comets resisted 75% of the time, you now have a broken class that nobody is going to play.

On real EQ, wizards casted nothing but lures so being able to use draughts at all is an improvement, not a nerf. If people think a -50 resist mod for draughts is too low, then -75 is fine, I don't care. This is Kunark we're talking about here, most people's armor doesn't even have stats on it except AC.

If you think the system I posted is worse on casters than EQ live during Kunark, you are sadly mistaken.

Macken
04-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Everyone knows to land a spell on EQ live, there was a line of sight check at the begging and at the end of your cast. You just made up that lie out of thin air saying there was only one LOS check. It was changed to one LOS check for TZVZ only.

Sure, I guess if that's what you want we can have an 8 second stun that lands 0% of the time if you want normal EQ PvP.

On real EQ, wizards casted nothing but lures so being able to use draughts at all is an improvement, not a nerf. If people think a -50 resist mod for draughts is too low, then -75 is fine, I don't care. This is Kunark we're talking about here, most people's armor doesn't even have stats on it except AC.

I don't know of anyone that believes there was an los check at end of casting on live for pvp . I know for a fact there was none on SZ. If you can find anyone to agree with you, I will discuss this further. Until then, as always you are so wrong its embarassing, yet you are too ignorant to be embarassed.

From what i hear, it's what Rogean, and the entire staff wants. Again, all i am concerned with is exposing all of your lies. And again, as always, there is no such thing as 100% resists for any line of spells.

Wizards don't even have lures at release moron. So i guess wizards just used to melee only? Do tell us Wehrmacht. What was it like back on SZ where you were there from the beginning and saw it all go down!? What was it like to play a wizard wehrmacht? How did they compete with no nukes and only melee since Wizards only use lure which isn't even in the game yet? How did they even step inside a dungeon since they were absolutely impotent not being able to cast a single spell to land. Not that they were casting any spells because wehrmacht remembers wizards casted nothing but lures.

If you had a clue, you would know that a 2nd check on los at end would mean that casters don't go into dungeons. I know this is your dream, but it's not going to happen if the community is paying attention and the developers care.

What would it be like if when you got outside of dungeon, no melee attacks landed? Would you play a melee then? Thats exactly what you are suggesting against casters. I know you know this and are doing this on purpose to try and confuse any developers who don't remember or who didn't play, to make up for your lack of experience at pvp. I promise you, I will not let you confuse them.

But you can keep trying to lie your way to glory if you want. I and it seems the whole forum community will be making fun of you the whole way.

Macken
04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
This is Kunark we're talking about here, most people's armor doesn't even have stats on it except AC.

Well that explains why you had so much trouble with that guild on VZTZ. You nor most of your guildmates were smart enough to even get gear with anything besides AC.

clueless.

Koota
04-16-2011, 03:18 PM

If you think the system I posted is worse on casters than EQ live during Kunark, you are sadly mistaken.

Incredibly incorrect. When I played my wizard back in 1999-2001, Lures were hardly -EVER- used in PvP. I'll go ahead and say NEVER. This was even against the players in full diamonds, and full on resist gear. Absolutely incorrect.

I am not going to bicker back and forth with you over who recalls what more correctly, but I know that I am right - and that you are wrong. And that works for me.

Macken
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
It's hard to remember anything that wehrmacht has said that is factually correct.

Aerist
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
On VZ, there was no LOS check for spell casting, only an initial. There was however an issue with water causing spells to not land.

But as everyone else has posted, those spell resists are very easy to achieve. While Wehrmact may bring up a good point that they may have lower hp's to achieve the resists, it doesn't really matter what your hp is if you never have to worry about the caster landing spells on you now is it?

IIRC live was about stacking enough MR to not get resisted, followed by asstons of hp gear.

Shody

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't know of anyone that believes there was an los check at end of casting on live for pvp

Macken you just proved how much of a giant idiot you are. Why do you think people ducked behind walls to avoid having spells land on them on EQ live? If there weren't 2 line of sight checks, ducking behind walls wouldn't cause the spells to fail but the spells did fail when you ran behind them.

This is just like the time on TZVZ boards how there were a couple morons saying you needed 200MR to resist roots during Kunark and Velious. Yet in this screenshot, you have crazycloud (one of the best players on SZ), plus Vernal (original FoH member), plus a 1999 RZ player and a TZ player, and me, all saying the exact opposite.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9489/unled2sx.jpg

Wizards don't even have lures at release moron.

Just like nobody had resist gear either. And how they won't for a long time on this server.

to make up for your lack of experience at pvp

It's hilarious how you keep trying to claim I'm a terrible player in every post, yet when you send one of the best players from your guild to fight me in ranger best of the best....he loses, even with better gear.

Lures were hardly -EVER- used in PvP. I'll go ahead and say NEVER.

Here's another idiot that never played EQ live PvP during kunark or velious. If I went AFK for 30 minutes, a wizard probably wouldn't be able to kill me without using lures during this era.

Foxx
04-16-2011, 04:01 PM
for level 60 pvp lures were rarely used in kunark, only when fighting the TOP geared players (only a handful of people, seriously prob less than 10), but were basically the only dd spells used in velious era pvp for wizards

edit: or if they hard a bard in group, or raid buffed with GMR and circles etc

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 04:09 PM
for level 60 pvp lures were rarely used in kunark, only when fighting the TOP geared players (only a handful of people, seriously prob less than 10), but were basically the only dd spells used in velious era pvp for wizards

Nobody landed shit on me with just 120mr and 120FR during Kunark and Velious. That's why it's hilarious how people were trying to claim what I posted on the first page is somehow a "nerf" for casters. I'll go ahead and lower resists even more just so I don't have to listen to all the Macken whines.

Koota
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Nobody landed shit on me with just 120mr and 120FR during Kunark and Velious. That's why it's hilarious how people were trying to claim what I posted on the first page is somehow a "nerf" for casters. I'll go ahead and lower resists even more just so I don't have to listen to all the Macken whines.

So now you were 100% resistant with 120 MR and 120 FR? I don't think anyone will even need proof to know that you're way wrong here, too.

Foxx
04-16-2011, 04:18 PM
i never played a wizard in pvp until luclin and my friend gave me his wizard to manaburn people with to farm plat, so technically i never did play a wizard in real pvp

I played a cleric in that era, and i know my offensive spells were basically useless except against the noobies at 60 who still used plane gear to hide droppable stuff

I always had some of the better gear available, and always wore my droppable stuff so I do remember what landed and what didnt.

druids ALWAYS landed there dot line spells on me, it seriously seemed like they were unresistable. they couldnt do much in the way of nuking tho, i rarely resisted there 51+ nuke but it was always for really small damage

shamans landed bane of knife easily same with E bolt, but that 60 disease one not so much.

necro always landed splurt, literally always... Never landed darkness, never root, but did use E bolt along with the 50s line for heat blood (i forget which one it is). I cant remember if it was a luclin spell or not, but i remember pyrocruour was nasty as hell too and uber hard to resist

enchanters -- they were always hard to play, tash was almost no mana, fast cast, and rapture was unresistable. they could land stuns and dots on me fairly easily with tash

wizards -- it wasnt until velious where they started to stick purely to lure spells in pvp

mages -- idk they suck, epic was stupid good tho

myself, as a cleric -- nothing, if target was tashed or malod, i could use stuns but other than that prob not

Koota
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
druids ALWAYS landed there dot line spells on me, it seriously seemed like they were unresistable. they couldnt do much in the way of nuking tho, i rarely resisted there 51+ nuke but it was always for really small damage

shamans landed bane of knife easily same with E bolt, but that 60 disease one not so much.

necro always landed splurt, literally always... Never landed darkness, never root, but did use E bolt along with the 50s line for heat blood (i forget which one it is). I cant remember if it was a luclin spell or not, but i remember pyrocruour was nasty as hell too and uber hard to resist

enchanters -- they were always hard to play, tash was almost no mana, fast cast, and rapture was unresistable. they could land stuns and dots on me fairly easily with tash

wizards -- it wasnt until velious where they started to stick purely to lure spells in pvp

mages -- idk they suck, epic was stupid good tho

myself, as a cleric -- nothing, if target was tashed or malod, i could use stuns but other than that prob not

this ^

Alcandre
04-16-2011, 04:23 PM
why do you keep talking about kunark and velious? you wont have either when the server opens. and there was no los check at the end of casting

Knuckle
04-16-2011, 04:26 PM
It's hilarious how you keep trying to claim I'm a terrible player in every post, yet when you send one of the best players from your guild to fight me in ranger best of the best....he loses, even with better gear.

LOL ranger best of the best = searyx randomly summoning me while im drunk as fuck to the arena.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
LOL ranger best of the best = searyx randomly summoning me while im drunk as fuck to the arena.

I had just lost both arms while lion hunting

Macken
04-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Macken you just proved how much of a giant idiot you are. Why do you think people ducked behind walls to avoid having spells land on them on EQ live? If there weren't 2 line of sight checks, ducking behind walls wouldn't cause the spells to fail but the spells did fail when you ran behind them.

This is just like the time on TZVZ boards how there were a couple morons saying you needed 200MR to resist roots during Kunark and Velious. Yet in this screenshot, you have crazycloud (one of the best players on SZ), plus Vernal (original FoH member), plus a 1999 RZ player and a TZ player, and me, all saying the exact opposite.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9489/unled2sx.jpg

I enjoy that you are trying, but it ain't gonna happen bro, we are going to continue to prove you wrong while making fun of you. Shody just confirmed it on his live server too , I've confirmed it on SZ.

Mage bolts don't count. I didn't think anyone who knows what we are talking about would even think that we were only talking about mage bolts.

You lose. AGAIN

I don't see anyone anywhere on your screen captures saying they resisted spells 100% of the time with 100 mr. Even the guys you offer up as people who corroborate your insane claims refute your assertation that you can get 100% resistant to magic with 100mr. CrazyC even goes so far as to say he got snared with 100 mr in your own screenshot. Have you no common sense man?

No one in those SS's even mention 200mr, just you. Not sure what you are hallucinationing or imagining, but no one is agreeing with your claims about 100% resists, only somewhat absract comments about it being easier to resist things once you get 100 mr. I guess for you that = you are right? LOL

You have FAILED again.

Macken
04-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Here's another idiot that never played EQ live PvP during kunark or velious. If I went AFK for 30 minutes, a wizard probably wouldn't be able to kill me without using lures during this era.

And this is your arguement that casters need to be nerfed further?

Macken
04-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Hey bro, maybe it's just you don't understand we all played eq too. Maybe, that knowledge will help you understand you aren't fooling anyone when you say you resisted everything with 120 in classic, kunark , and velious or any expansion for that matter.

The only thing that is hilarious is that you think we don't already know you are lieing.

Macken
04-16-2011, 05:02 PM
3 people in just your own thread alone have confirmed you are wrong AGAIN about LoS.

sup? wut?

Titanuk
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
i miss u boomy

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Shody just confirmed it on his live server too , I've confirmed it on SZ.

LOL, you didn't confirm shit on SZ. You're a little kid that didn't even play SZ until Planes of Power. You already admitted it before. Your posts in this thread are useless.

If you claim EQ live is like that now in the year 2011, it could be, a whole lot has probably changed since Kunark and Velious were the latest expansions. This server isn't supposed to be the same as EQ in the year 2011 when they have 90 levels though.

All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

Anyway, I updated resists in original post so I don't have to hear these no-skill morons crying:

Shamans dot for -75 resist modifier with malo and about the same for insidious decay

Asking for anything more than that would just be 0% resists against any non-raid buffed melee. It's stupidly lopsided in favor of any caster not in a dungeon.

Macken
04-16-2011, 05:56 PM
LOL, you didn't confirm shit on SZ. You're a little kid that didn't even play SZ until Planes of Power. You already admitted it before. Your posts in this thread are useless.

All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

Sorry bro, already confirmed by multiples. And no one has a clue what you are referring to. And, as i've said about 6 times before today, I of course played next to SZ release and played until it was scrapped. Amassing coins, facts, and setting records as i went. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your memory. It's confirmed. Sorry bro. You lose AGAIN

All you know is that you are a complete moron who is foolish to believe that everyone doesn't already know that you are a moron. Everyone is claiming otherwise. I'm sorry you are losing an internet arguement bro.

Koota
04-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Anyway, I updated resists in original post so I don't have to hear these no-skill morons crying:

You don't need to change resist mods for anything if you're working with the actual classic system. Not fabricating one.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 06:22 PM
wahhh wahh crying macken post.

It's pretty easy to remember if you could run behind a wall to avoid spells or not seeing as how I did it probably 1000 times. Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

You don't need to change resist mods for anything if you're working with the actual classic system. Not fabricating one.

Post your "actual classic resist system" then. Where is it? That's what this thread is for.

Macken
04-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

Too late bro. Already confirmed thrice over

You lose............AGAIN

Koota
04-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Post your "actual classic resist system" then. Where is it? That's what this thread is for.

Just because I didn't fabricate a graph, or give completely bogus information to cater to my character and play style, doesn't make you anymore right than me. But as a general notion from ... EVERYBODY on this board thus far, you're wrong. I think the general consensus here stands that the system you're providing is not classic, (Read: PROJECT1999 PvP. That means, how it was in 1999. Not Kunark. Not Velious + ). It is pretty easy to stack FR/MR to a point where you say you can fully resist spells. If that were the case, people would be resisting Conflagration, Lava Bolt, Starfire, Ignite Blood pretty easily. That eliminates 3 classes and some of their hardest nukes until Kunark gets the drop. I certainly don't recall that in live. Do you?

bamzal
04-16-2011, 06:48 PM
damn the fonts starting to get serious in here

Terpuntine
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Of course he recalls it, he remembers EXACTLY how it all was back in classic.

Macken
04-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Eventually a ... moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

Do you even read what you write?

This thread and any thread you post in is for refuting your obvious false assertions and for making fun of you for pretending you were of any consequence, and for pretending you even know how to pvp at all.

You have trouble with root. I mean come on man. seriously.

No seriously dude.

Pudge
04-16-2011, 07:02 PM
god whermacht i couldnt get through reading this whole thread but i have to say something: whether it's classic or not, no one should be resisting shit 100% at 120 resists. i think it's good you went through to make exceptions for certain classes and increase the chances of their shit landing.. but those spells are not the only ones that should have a chance.

also, running around a corner to avoid every spell cast in retarded. casters should not have a 2nd LoS check, because that would gimp them and make the pvp unbalanced.

side note: i like knuckle's tier-system in general. think there should be more tiers and put closer together, to make the resists scale more smoothly though.

when making a pvp server you have to actually adjust some shit to customize the fit to PVP.. everyone knows ppl will be running with full resist gear, so having 100 mr shouldnt make you immune to root. i actually think the root/snares were pretty balanced on vztz.. you could get hit by root, mostly resisted it, but if it hit it only lasted like 1-10 seconds. it was nice.

edit: o and i always liked the idea of maybe tweaking the resist system with each expansion.. or at least for velious.. because by that point ppl can have insane resists

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8040/asdfif.jpg

so having 100 mr shouldnt make you immune to root.

And for everyone who says this, there are even more people who say it should. Just a few posts back:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4376/unledwi.png

Koota
04-16-2011, 07:15 PM
HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8040/asdfif.jpg

And for everyone who says this, there are even more people who say it should. Just a few posts back:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4376/unledwi.png

This looks like 2 or 3 people "sort of remembering" how it used to be. Sorry, unless you pull a post from circa 1999-2001 with some factual information, I don't really see how it's any better than that cheeseball graph on the first page of this thread.

The part about water is correct, as it works the same with NPCs. If they are in water, and you're out of water - your nukes are not going to land. The LoS issue I will admit that I -think- there were resist checks on cast start and cast end, but I can't really recall, so in that respect I am not going to say one way or another. But the resists, I am sure about.

Pudge
04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
heh. yea well. mimixownzall also wants to play teams.. 3 teams.

the way root and snare worked on vztz was really spot on in terms of balance

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1710/unled11i.jpg

Bombfist
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

I'd assume the server is emulating everquest with something the devs can get as close to a balance that a majority of people agree on.

0 pipe dreams, 0 reference to what individuals want, but a reasonable balance that takes into consideration several opinions on how it "should" be to get close to a balance.

I'm sure every input will be taken, but at the end of the day i doubt we're going to see an EQPVP server emulating classic pvp.

As an example since we're talking about LoS, Null actually implemented a system which had 2 line of sight checks, one at the start, and if the target moved behind a wall the last check reduced the range of the spell by 50%.

I think it was fair, and in the middle, you can argue either way, if you don't think from a point of view where you take in everybodys opinion, that this wasn't a great balance, then you don't want balance.

I don't see why we should regress when changes were obviously made after mistakes were made, there are a lot of pvp balancing issues that were changed on live i don't see why we should ignore the obvious ones which fucked up pvp.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm sure every input will be taken, but at the end of the day i doubt we're going to see an EQPVP server emulating classic pvp..

It wasn't a question of balance. He was stating that during this time period, there was only 1 LoS check. He was obviously wrong as usual. I pulled up that null post and made him look retarded, hence why he briefly stopped spamming the forum with jibberish.

As an example since we're talking about LoS, Null actually implemented a system which had 2 line of sight checks, one at the start, and if the target moved behind a wall the last check reduced the range of the spell by 50%.

When everyone on the server is playing mages that have a cast range of 300, that really does nothing.

I don't see why we should regress when changes were obviously made after mistakes were made

Who says it's a mistake? Just like Knuckle said on the post I linked, it allows casters to not only dominate outside but in dungeons as well. It really depends on how much damage casters are allowed to land and if they can spam stun, blind, root, whirl till you hurl spells, and other bullshit.

TZVZ box during classic wasn't called CASTER'S PARADISE for no reason.

lethdar
04-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Casters are going to own at the start of a server no matter what. There is nothing you can do about this and it was true on sz, on rz, on every server.

However once melee attain gear the table quickly turns. Even in classic vztz heavy melee groups would savage same number groups of casters in guild pvp, I mean, it wasn't even close. Have a good melee assist train would crush anything, for an example of this is the last vztz box, see:

http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?12059-IB-ROLLED-24-to-10-for-vox&highlight=permafrost

Where we had a melee heavy force assisting against a large mostly caster force. Outnumbered 1.5-2 : 1 the melee heavy force still crushed the casters.

Top geared melees in old world dominate casters, and once kunark comes out its just not even close. Even with a resist system that benefited casters more than on live they were still dominated.

Haul
04-16-2011, 08:36 PM
The snare and root systems on vztz emulated unfortunately were fucked up and altered from classic big time, way to freakin easy to land. Guessing they won't be that bad on red99.

Macken
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

It's hard to really understand what Null means.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live and still is today. (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?

fiegi
04-16-2011, 10:13 PM
this wehrmacht fella needs to get a dick

Macken
04-16-2011, 10:15 PM
or a memory

Xantille
04-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Casters are going to own at the start of a server no matter what. There is nothing you can do about this and it was true on sz, on rz, on every server.

However once melee attain gear the table quickly turns. Even in classic vztz heavy melee groups would savage same number groups of casters in guild pvp, I mean, it wasn't even close. Have a good melee assist train would crush anything, for an example of this is the last vztz box, see:

http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?12059-IB-ROLLED-24-to-10-for-vox&highlight=permafrost

Where we had a melee heavy force assisting against a large mostly caster force. Outnumbered 1.5-2 : 1 the melee heavy force still crushed the casters.

Top geared melees in old world dominate casters, and once kunark comes out its just not even close. Even with a resist system that benefited casters more than on live they were still dominated.

This.

Also I'm v happy lethdar has started posting here.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 10:39 PM

It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP. I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ so it matches exactly what I experienced.

However once melee attain gear the table quickly turns. Even in classic vztz heavy melee groups would savage same number groups of casters in guild pvp, I mean, it wasn't even close.

That issue is due to everyone being raid buffed with resists. I already posted how to solve that problem in the original post:

- Malo, Mala, & Tash - while debuffed by either of these spell lines, they do their normal debuff value as well as nullifying the effects of any cold, fire, magic, and poison resist buffs you have up until it wears off. This would affect bards too, so no more invincible training machines. (nullify magic resist buffs only for Tash obviously)

Macken
04-16-2011, 10:55 PM
It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP.

This is wrong because I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ. You claim it wasn't like that due to some buggy exploit spot you found in HHK. HHK also has spots you can stand to be immune to melee attack from NPC's. Wasn't your friend Xebeken also banned for using MQ2 on TZVZ? Maybe that might have something to do with your "experience".

Show us the quotes bro, show us the quotes.

You los'd mages bro, bolts bro.

Buggy spots were everywhere there were walls, dungeons, cities... you name it. The Bug was in every spot you could stand in, and every zone you could stand in. There was no x,y axis spot it didn't work in bro.

So sorry again bro.

bamzal
04-17-2011, 12:49 AM
This thread is so fail

You think the P1999 developers care about how you think non-classic spell mechanics should work? They are focused on recreating an experience as it was in 1999.

If you don't remember, on live they were always making changes to the PvP mechanics.

All this talk about Kunark and Velious does not matter right now, so just save it for when it does matter.

If you started playing after Kunark you should not be posting. If you only played emulator pvp you should definitely not be posting.

The P1999 developers probably don't want to hear all your theories about how PvP spell mechanics should work, considering it is evident that most of your experiences are far from classic.

Stop wasting everyones time creating false recollections of the truth when the facts are out there.

Example:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-1999.html

------------------------------
September 13, 1999
------------------------------
PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage
spells cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same
spell would do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type
spell there is a 20% chance that they will break free when a direct
damage spell is cast upon them.

So cut the BS. Help Red99 by getting real facts so they can develop it.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Looking at your resist chart, I made a level 30 warrior with the following gear:

2x silver-plated bracer
Bloodstained mantle
Dwarven ringmail tunic
cloak of the ice bear
Grotesque alloy mask
2x earring of magic reflection
Blackened alloy coif
Fiery vambraces
Icy greaves
Charred boots
Shin gauntlets
Giant snakespine belt
Collar of undead protection
runed bone fork
Silver diamond rings
Langseax of the wolves

---------------------------------

My resists were as follows unbuffed:

64 PR
100 MR
44 DR
65 FR
80 CR

I could rotate in 2x symbol of loyalty and get near 100 CR

All of the above gear can easily be obtained by any level 30... Meaning unbuffed I'd have 75% chance to resist cold and magic based nukes.

With the low level resist buffs+mage DS, my resists are as follows with the same gear set up:

104 PR
140 MR
84 DR
105 FR +10 from DS = 115 FR
120 CR

At this point I am 100% resistant to magic spells, 95% resistant to cold and fire, and based spells, and 75% resistant to disease and poison based spells, even with tashani or mala it would only take my MR from 140 to 117 which is still ~95% resist rate.

Keep in mind this is all mid-level dungeon gear that is primarily easy to get because they are common drops, so saying that 120 MR is hard to obtain before 50 or before Kunark is absurd because I can push some pretty hard numbers by just killing frogs and goblins

Sniperfire
04-17-2011, 01:26 AM
This thread is so fail

You think the P1999 developers care about how you think non-classic spell mechanics should work? They are focused on recreating an experience as it was in 1999.

If you don't remember, on live they were always making changes to the PvP mechanics.

All this talk about Kunark and Velious does not matter right now, so just save it for when it does matter.

If you started playing after Kunark you should not be posting. If you only played emulator pvp you should definitely not be posting.

The P1999 developers probably don't want to hear all your theories about how PvP spell mechanics should work, considering it is evident that most of your experiences are far from classic.

Stop wasting everyones time creating false recollections of the truth when the facts are out there.

Example:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-1999.html

So cut the BS. Help Red99 by getting real facts so they can develop it.

we have played and forgotten more classic than you will ever know

PS. STFU grown folks are talking

georgie
04-17-2011, 02:04 AM
instead of nerfing caster just give melee more hit points ya hear

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 02:18 AM
instead of nerfing caster just give melee more hit points ya hear

Just give melee the following pre-50 discs:

Warrior:
Level 10: Focused will: Increase Hitpoints by 3 per tick
Level 20: Provoke 1: Increase Hate by 85 (L20) to 100 (L35)
Level 30: Resistance disc 1: Increase All Resists by 16 (L30) to 20 (L38)
Level 40: Fearless disc 1: Increase Chance to Resist Fear Spell by 10000

Rogue:
Level 20: Sneak attack:
1: Increase Chance to Hit by 10000% with Backstab
2: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 50% with Backstab
3: Increase Backstab Damage Modifier by 40%
4: Increase Backstab Minimum Damage Modifier by 200%
Level 30: Resistance disc 1: Increase All Resists by 16 (L30) to 20 (L38)

Monk:
Level 30: Resistance disc 1: Increase All Resists by 16 (L30) to 20 (L38
Level 35: Phantom Zephyr
1: Frenzy Radius (5/50)
2: Reaction Radius (10/50)
3: Pacify

Everyone gets a regen, a resistance aura, and a fear immunity as well as something each class needs... Warrior gets a hate modifier, rogues get a more reliable backstab, monks get a pacify

Everyone is happy

lethdar
04-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes give melee a boost, since they always dominate the end game once they get gear and resists they could use a bit of help... excellent logic I salute you!

wehrmacht
04-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Looking at your resist chart, I made a level 30 warrior with the following gear:

My resists were as follows

Abacrab, you built a level 30 character with a resist item in every slot (probably not likely to really happen) then you added raid buffs on top of that. The EQ resist system was designed around unbuffed melees, not people who are raid buffed. This isn't a bot server either, nobody is going to follow you around casting magic resist on you every 15 minutes.

I really think malo/mala/tash should nullify whatever resist buffs you have as well as debuffing their respective stats in order for casters to be viable in guild vs guild. If you tried to balance the resist system around raid buffed people with a resist item in every slot, then normal people who aren't raid buffed probably shouldn't bother playing because they would die in 2 seconds.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Yes give melee a boost, since they always dominate the end game once they get gear and resists they could use a bit of help... excellent logic I salute you!

Have you not played P99 before?

Warriors NEED these skills, they have zero threat potential until they get dual ykeshas, monks need the pacify to some extent because it just makes easier pulling especially in raid zones where stuff comes upon you at a whim... as for rogues that skill only adds like an extra 20-40 damage to backstab and is only useable while hidden, hardly game breaking for the most disadvantaged melee class.

Also you played VZ/TZ I had a level 12 ogre warrior that with Viik's dark defender was piercing for 28 a hit, while the dagger was only 7/20, even with my 144 STR I shouldn't have been hitting for 4x the damage of the weapon in question, 2x very possibly but 4x no. So the only reason melee had a huge advantage was because they could literally cleave you down with triple attacks due to the broken combat formula.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Abacrab, you built a level 30 character with a resist item in every slot (probably not likely to really happen) then you added raid buffs on top of that. The EQ resist system was designed around unbuffed melees, not people who are raid buffed. This isn't a bot server either, nobody is going to follow you around casting magic resist on you every 15 minutes.

I really think malo/mala/tash should nullify whatever resist buffs you have as well as debuffing their respective stats in order for casters to be viable in guild vs guild. If you tried to balance the resist system around raid buffed people with a resist item in every slot, then normal people who aren't raid buffed probably shouldn't bother playing because they would die in 2 seconds.

These resist items are not blue diamond/platinum gear, the majority of that list can be farmed off very common mobs from upper guk, sol A, and even crushbone, meaning in a normal grouping effort a warrior can easily get most if not all this gear by simply walking into a dungeon on his way to dinging level 20.

The only buffs that were used were:

Resist cold: DRU/30 SHM/24 NEC/24
Resist fire: DRU/20 SHM/27 CLR/33
Resist magic: ENC/37
Resist disease: SHM/30 NEC/31
Resist poison: CLR/30
Shield of flame: MAG/19

All of those spells are within this level 30 warriors groupable range, and come from classes a warrior will almost always be permanently attached from level 6 on.

It's just quite ignorant to assume that a warrior would not have the following gear choices nor those buffs at all times considering most of that gear is what a warrior will be upgrading his patchwork armor and bronze swords from before he attempts crafted armor or attempts to raid for planar.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 03:21 AM
To reiterate the ease of obtaining said gear

Silver-plated bracer:
Froglok Shin Lord, level 30 mob; common drop

Bloodstained mantle:
Undead Knight level 28 mob; common drop

Dwarven ringmail tunic:
Emperor Crush level 18 mob; common drop

Cloak of the ice bear:
Martar Icebear level 30 mob; common drop

Grotesque alloy mask:
Lord Pickclaw level 32 mob; uncommon drop

Earring of magic reflection:
Nillipuss quest: multiple resist and WR bag rewards

Blackened alloy coif
Pickclaw foeseeker level 23 mob; uncommon drop

Fiery vambraces
Any level 25+ goblin in Sol A; common drop

Icy greaves
Elite Goblin guard level 28 mob; common drop

Charred boots
Inferno Goblin Captain level 32 mob; common drop

Shin gauntlets
Froglok shin knight level 28 mob; uncommon drop

Giant snakespine belt
WK ogres mostly level 28; uncommon drop

Collar of undead protection
Froglok Gaz Squire level 24 mob; common drop

Runed bone fork
Froglok Gaz Squire level 24 mob; uncommon drop

Silver diamond rings
Crafted trivial at 71

Langseax of the wolves
Questable at level 1, attainable at level 15 with a group

The hardest thing on this list to obtain would be the diamond rings simply because they require a diamond so without them you're looking at -6 to all resists, to which you can just quest a Rat-shaped ring +10 DR/PR and buy an HP ring or something, again very minimal work

wehrmacht
04-17-2011, 03:22 AM
I'd be level 50 by the time you camped all that

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 03:34 AM

Only if you played 16 hours a day on a mage for three weeks, this P99 isn't VZ/TZ you can't just 1-50 in a day... You will be grouping in all those places, you will be running all over the place trying to group, it is far easier to obtain that gear because of that reason unless you're some pet class that wants to min-max into the raid scene 2 weeks after launch.

Terpuntine
04-17-2011, 04:05 AM
Abacab > Wehrmacht

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-17-2011, 04:22 AM

I'll even make this into a flow chart type of situation, since you like graphs and what not! I'll explain how to get all that gear through simple grouping as a melee!

Level in your start area til level 5
Go to crushbone and level to 15 collect Dwarven Ringmail tunic while you're there
Move to unrest until your mid twenties, obtain bloodstained mantle
From there head to upper guk, collect bracers, RBF, Collar. and shin gauntlets while here
You can alternate this for solA and collect your arms and boots while here
You can also alternate deep runnyeye and get your head slot and mask while grinding to 30+
In your down time, port to rivervale collect your earrings, WR bags, from nilipus quest
Port to Karana collect a belt from the ogres, run the rat ring in qeynos, head to permafrost and group up in polar bear area collect legs from the goblins
Run the Langseax quest from halas and collect your sword, kill icebear for your cloak along the way

Basically on your grind to 40 you can pick up all this gear, then at that point you just grind out 50 in royals or some shit.

wehrmacht
04-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Go to crushbone and level to 15 collect Dwarven Ringmail tunic while you're there

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/3782/szpvp1zi.jpg

Move to unrest until your mid twenties, obtain bloodstained mantle

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5751/presidentsdaymassacreky7.jpg

Koota
04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Valid points countered with ... completely irrelevant screenshots?

Foxx
04-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Valid points countered with ... completely irrelevant screenshots?

welcome to arguing with whermacht

Heywood
04-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?

Yes, I specifically remember this in Rallos Zek. We would be grouped in the HHK killing goblins and every now and then a PKer would come and do this. I still remember us in the group wondering where the PKer was at haha. good times.

I played just after EQ started (just before the patch where you couldnt fear/charm PCs anymore?) up until PoP on Rallos Zek.

Envious
04-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Jesus Wehr, I remember you from VZ / TZ, and you seemed semi sane then. Albeit I didnt talk to you much.

Did you start selling your lithium to college kids for meth money?

naez
04-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Macken killed Chadlek in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:53
Chadlek killed Macken in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:22

Macken
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
First ever Fabled.

Macken solo vs. 6-15 Neuts. Minimum odds 1-6. Maximum odds 1-15. Over 3 days. Must protect fabled. No options. Take one for the team.

Chadlek killed Macken in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:22
Sowaholic killed Macken in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:50
Cochise killed Macken in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:21
Quad killed Macken in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:06
Tearing killed Macken in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:02
Tearing killed Macken in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:52
Crazycloud killed Macken in Upper Guk - Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:34

Macken killed Daryoth in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:34
Macken killed Sprout in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:45
Macken killed Daryoth in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:03
Macken killed Kinrab in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:21
Macken killed Chadlek in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:53
Macken killed Lulweian in Lower Guk - Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:11
Macken killed Tearing in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:21
Macken killed Cruxshadowsx in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:04
Macken killed Venj in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 04:10
Macken killed Kinrab in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:12
Macken killed Kinrab in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:44
Macken killed Kinrab in Lower Guk - Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:27
Macken killed Chromefist in Upper Guk - Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:29
Macken killed Niumudien in Upper Guk - Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:12
Macken killed Chromefist in Lower Guk - Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:00
Macken killed Owll in Upper Guk - Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:20

16-7 while grossly outnumbered. Died 7 times over 3 days. Int Caster in a dungeon vs. all classes. The most deaths in a weekend of my whole career. But it had to be done.

Team player.

Xebekn
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
LoS was a double check for a bit in EQ (no dates)

Somewhere in velious maybe, they went to no LoS checks for whatever reason and it was insane.

Soon, they went to a single check on beginning of cast. Easily the most balanced and it stayed that way.

You have two directions go here on red p1999:

1) How it was on eqlive during classic which would include no one knowing about any quests, drops or zones (probably impossible).

2) Have a balanced server that is competitive.

Wehr, you're playing for the first option. The resist system worked then because no one had the gear. It won't work now because everyone knows where it is and how to attain it.

It sounds like others are interested in the second option and I would agree. Make it balanced which means, among other things, having a higher resist check for spells across the board and also having the first LoS check only.

Lasher
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
uh oh xeb

Knuckle
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
LoS was a double check for a bit in EQ (no dates)

Somewhere in velious maybe, they went to no LoS checks for whatever reason and it was insane.

Soon, they went to a single check on beginning of cast. Easily the most balanced and it stayed that way.

You have two directions go here on red p1999:

1) How it was on eqlive during classic which would include no one knowing about any quests, drops or zones (probably impossible).

2) Have a balanced server that is competitive.

Wehr, you're playing for the first option. The resist system worked then because no one had the gear. It won't work now because everyone knows where it is and how to attain it.

It sounds like others are interested in the second option and I would agree. Make it balanced which means, among other things, having a higher resist check for spells across the board and also having the first LoS check only.

Hard to argue logic with stubborn people, but xeb eloquently does a crossover layup in wehrmachts face.

wehrmacht
04-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Hard to argue logic with stubborn people, but xeb eloquently does a crossover layup in wehrmachts face.

Then why are there screenshots of you (knuckle/estrang) arguing to have 2 line of sight checks? It's the 3rd response in the screenshot below.

The argument was never over "what is fair". The argument was over how it actually was on EQ Live. The entire time I leveled from 0-60 on Sullon Zek, there was 2 line of sight checks which is what Null said too. People keep bringing up some stupid bug or exploit where you could cast in some areas with 0 line of sight checks, like that is actually relevant to anything:

Lasher
04-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I honestly see no point in argueing over it, at least not yet. No test or beta server is even up. There even a Dev leading this yet? Wait and see for what the Dev(s) want. If Devs post they wantt to create a balance server than those who want classic can play somewhere else and the opposite applies.

Classic will be fun, will exploit all the broken stuff

Balance will be fun, wont see the majority just playing the OP classes

People who want to play will play, people who want to cry will continue to cry

Kringe
04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
EQ Live pre-Kunark you could (As a wizard) get a target on someone ALL the way down at Arch Magus and Ice comet from zone in... Was lols..

Also you dont wanna change the resist system entirely to much because it totally fucks casters. Casters PRe-Kunark dominated melee on Live, regardless of what you say we can farm here or there.. Plain and simple there wasnt shit for resist back pre-kunark... You were lucky to have 1 jacinth ring for like months of hate/fear farming...

Kunark is when melee really started to take off.

Macken
04-18-2011, 09:31 PM
No No No

Wormoct has already told you guys.

http://www.vexthal.com/lolwut.gif

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 01:37 AM
EQ Live pre-Kunark you could (As a wizard) get a target on someone ALL the way down at Arch Magus and Ice comet from zone in... Was lols..

I don't remember what day 1 of EQ live was like. I don't think it's relevant to what we're talking about though considering this server is going to go to at least Velious. Doesn't sound like a good idea to have different line of sight checks for each expansion on P1999.

edit: The guy in the video above looks way more like Searyx than me

Kringe
04-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Other than mage bolt which was garbage and easily dodgeable, LoS started with the target in range of the initial spell cast... As long as the target didnt get out of said spells range, the spell would land... Regardless of if u dodged behind a wall, hid behind a rock or whatever spell still landed (minus mage bolt) Mr post 100 you resisted most game movement altering spells, (making classes like enchanters etc very viable for group pvp.) I would all be for a resist system like you posted werh if they made gems as rare as they were on live pre-kunark..

Jigga
04-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Gems werent super rare its just it took people for ever to know what all dropped them. Allahkzham wasnt around when everquest came out. I didnt know about dino until kunark, didnt know about crown till kunark either. How ever I remember them dropping fomr Hate raids but those raids were like 40+ people and see a handful of gems drop that got randomed on

Knuckle
04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Jesus christ why is it always the same arguments, the people playing here will get resist jewelry signficantly faster than live because:

1.) This is not a new game, we are playing a game we know inside and out.
2.) We know where to get resist jewelry.
3.) We know how to level up jewelcrafting fast
4.) We know how to level rapidly, we know that we NEED resist jewelry to defeat casters.

Abysis
04-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Anything that helps casters, I vote no.

Unless we want to ban melee's right now

mimixownzall
04-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Fuck I'm tired of you guys and your wow-loving talk of "balance"

Eq wasn't balanced. If I wanted one on one action I would play an FPS.

The lack of balance promoted group pvp, which I think most will agree is the most fun. It also made you think of how and when to attack someone.

Stuns, roots, snares should be as they were on live: irrelevant after 120 or so MR.

Basso
04-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Fuck I'm tired of you guys and your wow-loving talk of "balance"

Eq wasn't balanced. If I wanted one on one action I would play an FPS.

The lack of balance promoted group pvp, which I think most will agree is the most fun. It also made you think of how and when to attack someone.

Stuns, roots, snares should be as they were on live: irrelevant after 120 or so MR.

Absolutely. The obsession with 'balance' and 'streamlining' ruined every other MMO out there. More wild west, less theme park IMO. I also think snares shouldn't be totally irrelevant at any point, just partially resisted so they don't last near the full duration depending on luck etc. Casters shouldn't be gods like they were on vztz, but they should also not be nerfed into the ground.

huggies
10-13-2012, 12:57 PM
The Resist System Balance Thread

hahaha !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9AlPdq1cW8EITtYnTVxTF_1

Nirgon
10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Ya'll know dey cane't put a classic resist system in place. Dey can turn a coupla knobs on some numbers but it's as good as dey can git it here. Get the fuck outta here with that shit son, that shit is crazy you know it.

Dragons dual wielding weapons, mage bolts through walls and whirl till you hurl are here to stay.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1TT05vXJSes/TjZRCL8QpkI/AAAAAAAAAq8/3fRZe4z-eLQ/s1600/EdLover-CMonSon-Ep16.jpg

Nirgon
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
CANT BE THAT BAD

Littlegyno 9.0
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Server has zero flaws. Please do not fix anything. Thriving.

KefkaPalazzo
10-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Everything is as intended. Dragons are going down hourly. I am starting to feel like Uncle Scrooge McDuck with all this raid loot. If you don't like it I got two words for ya, JOIN US. Send me tell in game for interview and app to nihilumguild.com

KefkaPalazzo
10-14-2012, 09:30 AM
downed Quarm last nite. well probably farm him a bit then report it in bugs since he is pop era.

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/442007/02b37ea1-d3c7-4a4f-b43b-e82d90d0b913.JPG

Nirgon
10-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Stuns, roots, snares should be as they were on live: irrelevant after 51 or so MR.

Samrothstein
10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Damn, Swampmad got banned?

Slave
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
If anybody wants to whine and claim this is a bad system, go ahead and

Pay attention, everyone! There is intelligence and there is social intelligence.

Wehrmacht's OP was extremely well-thought out. It was extremely well written. It had the virtue of being pretty damn fair and accurate.

But here, If anybody wants to whine and claim this is a bad system, three posts later, is where he completely throws away any semblance of respect for his listeners, ironically ensuring that none of his ideas will ever come to pass.

If you actually care to present your opinion in a way that can change minds, that is surely a longer process to accomplish, but in any case here is one example of how to easily destroy everything you work for. By being a fucking douchebag.

If anybody wants to whine

bamzal
10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
take your own advice and stfu

Balvodes
10-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Pretty sure back before Kunark, and I think even during Kunark, on Rallos Zek you could cast through walls, rocks, whatever. As long as you had a target that was in range, it didn't really matter. And it was pretty much impossible to resist anything other than MR based spells.

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Yes well the only thing you couldn't cast through walls was a bolt.

Here it is the opposite.

huggies
10-17-2012, 03:12 PM

BASICALLY HAHHAHA

Cwall
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
not again

Dragonzord
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes well the only thing you couldn't cast through walls was a bolt.

Here it is the opposite.

true on this server a pebble the size of 1 pixel will block my cast as if i was trying to cast through 3 layers of reinforced steel.

Bamzal Sherbet
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
nigron update this thread

Tomatoking
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM

BASICALLY HAHHAHA