PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen

xabler
09-22-2019, 01:23 PM
I get a black screen while playing. I don't get disconnected and can still move my character,cast,etc. My screen goes black and i have to log completely off the game and log back in order to see my screen again. Anyone seen this before? I have died a few times while in combat.. :(.

Crom
09-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Do you run windows 7 ? with UAC activated ?
I used to have that if another software decided "now is a good time to install/update something" while I was playing EQ, disable UAC fixed it.
have you tried to switch to fullscreen mode and back when that happens ?
Do you get the screen back if you go to full screen ?

xabler
09-23-2019, 05:26 PM
How do i disable UAC? When the screen goes black, I only know how to switch to fullscreen mode in the EQ UI's menu but i cant see the menu cuz of the black screen.
I haven't tried unless there is another way without going into the EQ's menu. What i did today was update Borderless gaming which lets me play any PC game in full screen. I did the update and didn't get a black screen in 4 hours of gameplay. So i'm hoping that was the issue. Thanks for your feedback.

vetia
09-24-2019, 09:24 PM
I get a black screen while playing. I don't get disconnected and can still move my character,cast,etc. My screen goes black and i have to log completely off the game and log back in order to see my screen again. Anyone seen this before? I have died a few times while in combat.. :(.

You didn't get... blinded by a mob... did you? lol

JK

I have nothing else for you I am sorry :(

Legidias
09-25-2019, 08:35 AM
That sounds like you hit alt + enter or tried to do full screen in game, which this client hates and gives permanent black screen.

Windowed mode w/ maxed resolution to simulate full screen (change settings in the ini file) is a great workaround.