PDA

View Full Version : release this weekend?

mitic
04-16-2011, 05:29 AM
new forum = new server someone would think! :D

georgie
04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
hopefully

Misto
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
i hope not, i got to write a term paper =/

Fourthmeal
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
ohgodohgodohgodohgod

Stefen
04-16-2011, 09:05 PM
oh god, not another grind

Vendar
04-17-2011, 03:33 AM
its more than likely an attempt to see how many people are interested in said server. i sincerely doubt there will be anything this weekend, but what do i know as i'm not on staff,

good luck to you all

bakkily
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
whats best class for pvp? i think my shaman would eat dust, maybe rog or ranger would do better?

xrend
04-17-2011, 03:17 PM
From what I remember when I played team PvP back in the day (I was in Hate... yah, that Speed kid trained everything... no it wasn't me) was...

that my Necro kicked the shit out of just about everything.

Shamans: were actually pretty badass because of their versatility... wicked poisons, cast slow on a melee was ultimate pwn, they could heal and melee pretty decently against casters + pet... overall i would say they would be one of my top choices.

Mage: epic pets soloed warriors. (they eventually nerfed that, but until they did ZOMFGOP) After that mages weren't that great pvp.

Wizards: Were one of the top "gankers"... hardest part was looting.

Ranger: I never played a ranger, but they were definitely a pain in the ass. Especially when they made bows "autoshoot" they could pretty much snare kite you and there wasn't a damn thing you could do about it except hope to resist ensnare... over and over again.

Rogue: Bad. Ass. I can't remember if there was a "see-invis 'check'" or anything but with AAs a rogue could pull off the quad crit backstabs or some craziness. Toe to Toe required a lot of skill though.

Enchanters: After they took fearing and charming people out of the game, Enchanters became support... tash tash tash mez mez mez... not personally very much fun, but if that's your cup-o-tea...

Druids: A skilled druid was top rate... heals, crazy resist buffs, dispells, run speed buffs = VERY hard to kill and hard to get away from... DDs and DoTs are easily resistable until Winged Death and the 50+ DDs... that's when they become truly great.

Bards: Completely from a "I just want to mess with people" standpoint... Bards are the best. Uncatchable resist machines that rain down nightmare trains. I personally loved them for their versatility and crazy speed, but if you wanted to actually try and kill people effectively in solo pvp... you are going to need nimble fingers and quick reaction times. If you're putting together a gank party... there should be a bard in it for sure.

Shadowknights: Good for sneaking up on medding casters and nearly 1-shotting them. Good utility spells, massive health, clingling darkness line... definitely a good choice. Works best if you travel with a shaman or druid for heals/speed.

Clerics: Stuns, plate, massive health, assortment of heals... traditionally support role, but surprisingly good at solo pvp.

Monks: Terrible pvp. Terrible. Training is basically the only thing they can do.

Beastlords: (i know they aren't in yet, but when they are) are challenging pvpers... they have just enough utility to be decent, but without any type of root or snare (at least none that i can remember) a simple zone will escape them. Their pet was eventually fixed to not need resummoned through zones, but you would have to rebuff. an unbuffed pet is worthless if you're a beastlord. and if you're caught without him up, you're toast as he does 75% of your damage.

Paladins: hold their own defensively, but offensively very hard to stop people from running. blind was probably their most annoying utility spell.

**note that i said this is all from 10 year old memory. i could be off with some of the things i said so I don't want to hear "wahhh blah blah blah you're an idiot yadda yadda" cause i don't care. Thanks and enjoy!

Envious
04-17-2011, 03:51 PM
And you sir, are a moron.

This is simply a place for the pvp people to defecate instead of all the other forums.

Tewaz
08-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Necro Live

Tonomar
08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
PVP forums have been up for like 10 months...

Knuckle
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
relax, just do it. thats what my friend frankie said after he took a trip to california.

Salty
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
!