PDA

View Full Version : Neriad shawl for bards?

tg822
09-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Anyone rocking this on their bard? The cha is nice but the ac is terrible. Would it noticeably improve lulls?

enjchanter
09-20-2019, 06:07 PM
its the BIS water elemental illusion clicky in the game.

Videri
09-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Haha. He means it's the ONLY way water elemental illusion as a bard!

Bard bro, you can just get it and keep it in your bags.

Furthermore, cha isn't that important for lulls. It does not affect resist rate. It only affects critical resist rate. If you're lulling blue mobs, it will only help a little bit. I personally think it's not worth prioritizing cha over any other stat.

Enja, did I get that right? Tell us, o Invincible One.

mefdinkins
09-21-2019, 04:04 PM
I have it on my bard for sex appeal but use the budget friendly:

Imbued Granite Spauldors
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: SHOULDERS
AC: 20
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
WT: 19.4 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD SHM ROG
Race: HUM BAR ERU ELF HIE DEF HEF

There's some other cheap options that are good for shoulder slots too.

enjchanter
09-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Haha. He means it's the ONLY way water elemental illusion as a bard!

Bard bro, you can just get it and keep it in your bags.

Furthermore, cha isn't that important for lulls. It does not affect resist rate. It only affects critical resist rate. If you're lulling blue mobs, it will only help a little bit. I personally think it's not worth prioritizing cha over any other stat.

Enja, did I get that right? Tell us, o Invincible One.

I believe it does affect the actual chance to land the lull but yes the crit resist thing is the main part.
I would keep this item bagged and wear it when you really need a lull to work out. If it's just 2 xp mobs vs 1 xp mob then I probably wouldnt bother. However like we said , this is the DEFINITIVE BIS WATER ELEMENTAL ILLUSION CLICKY IN THE GAME.
You will not be upgrading to a different water elemental illusion clicky after looting this and you will appreciate having a BIS item (for water elemental illusion clickies) in your inventory.

MikeXG
09-22-2019, 07:30 PM
How hard is it to get as a bard, assuming solo or duo? I’ve seen a few videos of chanters camping it, does a bard even have a chance?

iamnotsalem
09-25-2019, 07:59 PM
you watch videos of enchanters solo'ing? yikes

waltjig
09-25-2019, 08:56 PM
How hard is it to get as a bard, assuming solo or duo? I’ve seen a few videos of chanters camping it, does a bard even have a chance?

If you are soloing that as a bard, you win EverQuest

enjchanter
09-25-2019, 09:21 PM

impossible imo

Wallicker
09-26-2019, 02:41 AM
Not impossible but you need great RNG(shawl to drop off first couple kills), strings, soulfire. GL

Lordgordon
09-26-2019, 11:06 AM
You could definetly duo it with a ranger

Tobius
10-04-2019, 05:48 AM
There's a guy who sells them for 8-10k search the forum!
I have one just because they are stupid and fun though.
I use it as a clicky seems silly to wear it all the time.