PDA

View Full Version : Run Speed After V49b

Snagglepuss
09-18-2019, 01:08 PM
After the recent patch (V49b), my characters' run speed slow down and then return to normal and then slow down. It's as if they are snared. I've played on this same laptop for years with no problem until the latest round of patches.

After doing some research, I'm not sure if this is a processor speed issue as one thread mentioned years ago. Is WinEQ the only fix for this? Has anyone else had this issue since the patch? I haven't found any recent threads discussing this issue post patch.

Legidias
09-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Make sure you are not pressing your run / walk key. Some other guy had same issue and it was just the button making him walk.

Snagglepuss
09-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Thank you for the quick response Legidias.

No, it's not the run walk button. Spell casting and even mob movement are affected. It's as if the game slows down and speeds up as if being throttled. If I cast a spell, the bar will decrease slowly then skip the rest and cast instantly, almost as if I'm catching up.

Shrubwise
09-18-2019, 06:35 PM
I can’t say for certain what the problem is, but I am confident that WinEQ will help resolve it. It will take 2 minutes to register, download, and install WinEQ.

Legidias
09-18-2019, 06:37 PM
WinEQ / make sure the HDD EQ is on is good lol

Snagglepuss
09-18-2019, 09:59 PM
I can’t say for certain what the problem is, but I am confident that WinEQ will help resolve it. It will take 2 minutes to register, download, and install WinEQ.

I downloaded WinEQ 2 lite and ran P99 in it, but it did not fix the issue. I even applied the preference settings that you mentioned in another thread. Thank you for the suggestion though.

aaezil
09-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Do other games run without similar issues?

Snagglepuss
09-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Do other games run without similar issues?

Yes, other games run fine. This started immediately after the patch. I'm not sure if it has to do with the FPS limitations...

Shrubwise
09-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Yes, other games run fine. This started immediately after the patch. I'm not sure if it has to do with the FPS limitations...

Can you try running it in WinEQ again. This time, change the foreground and background settings, all to 120. There should be three fields that you change to 120.

Mentathiel
09-20-2019, 05:12 PM
I have been having a similar issue since the last patch. Any time I am in an area with a lot of combat (like trying to raid) the game lags badly and my framerate drops sharply. Something seems to be going on with Windows Defender even though I have told it to ignore the folder. Very odd.

Halox
09-20-2019, 05:19 PM
I thought it was just me. Then I ran across this post.

Snagglepuss
09-21-2019, 12:30 AM
I adjusted WinEQ 2 to 120 FPS on all three areas as you mentioned, and it didn't fix the issue. However, thanks for your help guys!

I'll keep messing with stuff and let you know if I figure anything else out.

Icaro
02-29-2020, 05:12 PM
Hi! I am having exactly the same issue running WindowsXP, did you find any solution?