PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Issues

pzak640
09-16-2019, 06:48 PM
I'm hoping this is in the correct location. I'm having some strange connectivity issues that maybe someone can help with. I'm able to connect to the server, get to character screen and log into the zone and start playing. However, within about 1-2 min, I begin to lose connectivity slowly with where I drop go from 100% - 0% and then it says "you have been disconnected". I've not had any internet issues with any other games or browsing etc.

1. I have had a new router changed which might be the issue or some firewall issue. However, I'm not sure how to add/remove p99 since its not installed as a normal program. I'm running windows 10.

2. It began to happen right after the latest patch. I have updated all the new files but perhaps its a bug related to the patch.

Any suggestions for me to try would be appreciated! Thank you!

Kavious
09-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Technical Discussion (https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40) is where this type of thing should be posted. If you dont get any luck with this post here, I'd try re-posting it there

pzak640
09-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Ahh ok thanks, lets just delete this thread then and i'll repost there

pzak640
09-17-2019, 08:55 PM
OK so my other thread I posted got deleted and this one was moved..
Any tips or suggestions on getting this resolved? I'm really missing the game here.

Travo19
09-17-2019, 09:56 PM
I'm able to connect to the server, get to character screen and then it says "you have been disconnected". I've not had any internet issues with any other games or browsing etc.

I am having the same issue. :(

pzak640
09-22-2019, 04:17 PM
As an update, I reinstalled the game and patched and it's still happening =(
I don't want to leave this game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

sacman08
09-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Sometimes routers have a really junky firewall built in. My own, when turned on normal, was blocking all my networked games including P99. Might need to turn it down or off and see if it helps.

pzak640
09-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Solved! Turns out a squirrel was chewing on my cable line and it was causing just enough instability to affect project 1999! Thank you everyone for helping and watch out for them squirrels!

Baler
09-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Solved! Turns out a squirrel was chewing on my cable line and it was causing just enough instability to affect project 1999! Thank you everyone for helping and watch out for them squirrels!

LOL was your last cable guy eating a peanut butter sandwich when he checked the line?