PDA

View Full Version : Necro velious pre raid/group BiS

brokenpromise
09-13-2019, 05:04 AM
So the wiki is sadly lacking a necro velious pre raid bis. That being said, how about we pull the community to weigh in. While we are at it, how about an updated velious guide. Camps, plat farming techniques and places and overall anything you can think of. Hopefully we can get a hero to update the wiki

Legidias
09-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Get a gob ring and have at it charming

Crawdad
09-13-2019, 10:33 AM
So the wiki is sadly lacking a necro velious pre raid bis. That being said, how about we pull the community to weigh in. While we are at it, how about an updated velious guide. Camps, plat farming techniques and places and overall anything you can think of. Hopefully we can get a hero to update the wiki

Its a bunch of Chardok 2.0 gear and then the usual velious Int caster stuff. Be the change you want in the world! :)

aaezil
09-13-2019, 10:49 AM
*somebody do the work for me* thread

kitao
09-14-2019, 02:01 AM
Does preraid mean anything mqable and droppable?

Hot, zlandi, etc?

Canelek
09-14-2019, 04:46 AM
*somebody do the work for me* thread

brokenpromise
09-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Seeing as how I am a new player to p99, no shit I'm looking to the community for advice. Why would I not?

brokenpromise
09-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Does preraid mean anything mqable and droppable?

Hot, zlandi, etc?

If you think that it qualifies as pre raid BiS, yes. I would love to get a zlandi but for the price of a zlandi you could get pretty decked out

brokenpromise
09-14-2019, 10:54 AM
Its a bunch of Chardok 2.0 gear and then the usual velious Int caster stuff. Be the change you want in the world! :)

Honestly I'm trying to. I've been recording and trying my hand at flatts type youtube videos. I've got a check list of things I want to do, shawl, coldain ring and epic are high up on the list. Just gotta get there first.

I very much would love to do an updated necro gear/guide

loramin
09-14-2019, 11:05 AM
I will point out that I have started (it's still in the very early phases) an Equipping a Necromancer (http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer) page in the wiki.

I'm trying to (over time) build out these pages to help centralize commonly agreed upon item knowledge (eg. Necromancers like Circlets of Shadow and Zlandi hearts), but still stay "encyclopedia-like" and neutral (so the pages won't say "you should get item X at Y level" or anything like that; that's for player guides). The goal is just to accumulate items/armor sets that some Necromancers (in some eras, when soloing/grouping/raiding) might want.

Anyhow, this doesn't help the problem of no pre-raid Velious gear list for Necromancers ... but since the new page uses that same list also I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and one more thing: those lists are "transcluded" on the Necromancer and Equipping a Necromancer page, which means if you try to edit them there you'll get weird wiki code instead of the list. I added some code so that if you do that anyway, the wiki will now send you to the transcluded page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Velious_Pre-Raid_Gear#Necromancer) instead ... if you let it.

brokenpromise
09-14-2019, 02:07 PM
I will point out that I have started (it's still in the very early phases) an Equipping a Necromancer (http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer) page in the wiki.

I'm trying to (over time) build out these pages to help centralize commonly agreed upon item knowledge (eg. Necromancers like Circlets of Shadow and Zlandi hearts), but still stay "encyclopedia-like" and neutral (so the pages won't say "you should get item X at Y level" or anything like that; that's for player guides). The goal is just to accumulate items/armor sets that some Necromancers (in some eras, when soloing/grouping/raiding) might want.

Anyhow, this doesn't help the problem of no pre-raid Velious gear list for Necromancers ... but since the new page uses that same list also I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and one more thing: those lists are "transcluded" on the Necromancer and Equipping a Necromancer page, which means if you try to edit them there you'll get weird wiki code instead of the list. I added some code so that if you do that anyway, the wiki will now send you to the transcluded page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Velious_Pre-Raid_Gear#Necromancer) instead ... if you let it.

The work you do and have done is greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of the wiki would very much like to contribute to it as well someday. Your guides are great and are very helpful.

I would love to hear from other necros what they would recommend. Things like coldain shawl/coldain ring are no brainers to add

kitao
09-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Never contributed to wiki in my life, created account and filled in things prior to ToV drops in about 15 minutes. It was kind of fun.

I don't have a ton of Chardok knowledge, so anything that works better than Velious armor - fill it in.

Jahdu
09-16-2019, 08:18 AM
Personally for levelling I concentrated on getting a pre-nerf CoS, JBoots and AC/HP rings.
The rest of my equip is just cheap EC tunnel stuff. 2 of my slots are still no stat rubbish.
You don't really need BiS equip to level a Necro. It's nice to have but not really necessary.

brokenpromise
09-16-2019, 04:32 PM
Whoever updated, thank you very much.

Neric
11-16-2019, 02:54 AM
In my opinion there is no exact pre-raid BIS for casters in EQ because of the skill caps. It doesn't matter how you get there. Also EQ is very skill based, so even a weakly geared necro or enchanter can do wonders, and as a wizard you only need 255 INT, that's it.