PDA

View Full Version : Windows cannot find 'eqgame'

honeybee12874
09-11-2019, 08:04 AM
After downloading the recent update to the patch, I am now getting the following error when I try to use the "Launch Titanium" file. It seems to think my 'eqgame' is located in system32 even though it's not. I tried to edit the "Launch Titanium" file (in Notepad) to put in the correct path, but that didn't work.

Anyone know? I'm not really familiar with this type of file.

Thank you.

mcoy
09-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Make a shortcut to "Launch Titanium" by right-clicking it and choosing send to > Desktop. Then, edit the properties of that shortcut to point to where the file is. Then when you run it as admin it will still run from that location and not system32. Make sure you define both the "Target" and "Start in" fields.

Attached screenshot is an example from one of mine.

-Mcoy

abyssalstalker
09-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Make a shortcut to "Launch Titanium" by right-clicking it and choosing send to > Desktop. Then, edit the properties of that shortcut to point to where the file is. Then when you run it as admin it will still run from that location and not system32. Make sure you define both the "Target" and "Start in" fields.

Attached screenshot is an example from one of mine.

-Mcoy

I tried this and still have the same issue. Running as admin and all

FoxFritter
09-11-2019, 06:51 PM
launch titanium is seemingly working correctly and pointing to the correct place but the game never actually launches...

When I launch titanium directly from the EQ directory it'll start up in the task manager but never do anything else.

honeybee12874
09-11-2019, 06:58 PM
So I got it to work thanks to the suggestions I received from Jimjam!

I moved my entire Everquest folder to my desktop (apparently there might be an issue with files in Program Files) then I made a new shortcut on my desktop for "eqgame.exe" and added the words "patchme" to the end.

I also changed compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Working now thanks :D