PDA

View Full Version : Win10 Corrupting Install?

mcbizzler
09-10-2019, 08:14 PM
I was playing this morning, messing around with my GINA triggers, and I camped out.

All of sudden, I can't even open the .exe file saying DSETUP.DLL cannot be found. I've tried reinstalling from a fresh titanium and then patch with the most recent files, but no dice.

Anyone else experiencing this or anything similar or have any advice to get back in?

Lisbon
09-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Sounds like many others have the same problem; Windows Security is labelling the dsetup.dll file as a trojan horse. One other poster suggested the following, which worked for me: Launch 'Windows Security' setting -> click ' Virus & Threat Protection' -> click 'Protection history'. From there I found a 'Threat quarantined' entry for the dsetup.dll file. I clicked the drop-down action to 'Restore' the file and everything started working again.

mcbizzler
09-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Ok, tried that - it was setup that way that I disabled the warning, but still getting DSETUP.DLL issues.

This isn't the first time this happened - but the last time I was able to reinstall and it seemed fine. Now I'm perplexed.

mcbizzler
09-10-2019, 09:17 PM
New patch files fixed the issue, resolved.

AenorVZ
09-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Sounds like many others have the same problem; Windows Security is labelling the dsetup.dll file as a trojan horse. One other poster suggested the following, which worked for me:

This worked for me, thanks.