PDA

View Full Version : When do enchanters start becoming powerful soloers?

brokenpromise
09-08-2019, 05:01 PM
At what level do enchanters become powerful soloers? I love my necro but I've been watching a lot of rektyou YouTube and it's starting to look like fun. I dont know if I want to pour time into another ton yet, though.

Endorra
09-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Level 12.

gildor
09-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Things changed a bit today..no pet window makes it a little harder

commongood
09-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Depends on what you mean by "powerful soloers". I remember starting to make great solo exp at around level 30. Could probably have done so even sooner if I had been more interested in trying out different exp spots and finding one that suited me better. But yeah, from pretty much lvl 30-60 it was great solo exp for me.

In terms of being able to farm hard'ish stuff for profit I guess we're talking late 50s. You can solo/duo stuff in PoM at level 59 (any lower would be very risky and likely cause too many charm breaks for it to be worth it).

kjs86z
09-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Level 12.

Technically this if played in the right hands.

You really have to pick your spots early on. It gets easier with levels because mobs will stay blue even when they are many levels lower than you, making it increasingly easier to manage charms.

Remember, the biggest factor in charm breaks is your level vs. mob level. As you're leveling, you ideally want to be charming / killing the lowest possible blue mobs you can find.

I'd say the biggest level is 29. You get clarity (doubling your mana regen from buffs instantly) and mobs are gonna start staying blue longer.

By 34 you should be in cruise control...Rune III, even more level gap for blues, a new CHA buff, etc.

The biggest thing honestly is deciding where you're gonna be camping for exp along the way and sticking to safe, consistent, sustainable play. Basic things like always keeping your kill target rooted, your shielding spells up, being quick / smart with charm breaks....all that shit that adds up to not dying.

Snaggles
09-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Level 12, 200 charisma (or close to it), jboots. Gobby ring helps too.

If you are hoofing it slow-style with low charisma life is more frantic.

Tecmos Deception
09-09-2019, 02:20 PM
"Powerful soloer" can mean different things. At level 12, a chanter can usually pull off stuff other classes can't, though maybe it'd take a few tries. But your XPing isn't really better than a number of other classes at this point.

By 30ish, you've got the mana pool to carry you through some bad luck with charm breaks or other resists, you've probably gotten together some cheap charisma gear, you've got more useful spells, the con range of mobs has widened so that you'll have an easier time keeping a blue charmed. You're coming into what I personally would consider "powerful soloer" territory. By this point already, basically no other solo class with similar gear levels can do what you can. Maybe a necro.

By 50 you're a solo god.

brokenpromise
09-09-2019, 02:48 PM
"Powerful soloer" can mean different things. At level 12, a chanter can usually pull off stuff other classes can't, though maybe it'd take a few tries. But your XPing isn't really better than a number of other classes at this point.

By 30ish, you've got the mana pool to carry you through some bad luck with charm breaks or other resists, you've probably gotten together some cheap charisma gear, you've got more useful spells, the con range of mobs has widened so that you'll have an easier time keeping a blue charmed. You're coming into what I personally would consider "powerful soloer" territory. By this point already, basically no other solo class with similar gear levels can do what you can. Maybe a necro.

By 50 you're a solo god.

Your videos and rektyou videos are why I want to try my hand at chanter

Crede
09-09-2019, 02:54 PM

By 50 you're a solo god.

This isn’t fully accurate. Bard is hands down a more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50. This is because charm uses no mana and you can just endlessly swap targets while loading mobs up with your chant dots. I’ve done dungeon crawls on the bard solo pre 51 that no enchanter could keep up with. It’s a joke how powerful that is, most bards are just swarming so they miss out on this.

It isn’t until 50+ where the enchanter takes over with all the extra perks they get combined with the fact that mobs hit way harder and bards will go oom quickly charming. It’s honestly a damn shame they made the higher level bard charm cost mana in addition to the fact they can only regen 2 mana/tick. Would have made for a really fun and interesting 50+ charm life paired with some root nets for emergencies.

kabouter
09-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Did enchanters get breeze in classic? I thought that was a spell that was added later on.

Because that will also contribute to their downtime/soloing capability (if we are talking about starting an enchanter on green)

Isey
09-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Did enchanters get breeze in classic? I thought that was a spell that was added later on.

Because that will also contribute to their downtime/soloing capability (if we are talking about starting an enchanter on green)

Not in classic - Kunark.

Tecmos Deception
09-12-2019, 06:29 AM
This isn’t fully accurate. Bard is hands down a more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50. This is because charm uses no mana and you can just endlessly swap targets while loading mobs up with your chant dots. I’ve done dungeon crawls on the bard solo pre 51 that no enchanter could keep up with. It’s a joke how powerful that is, most bards are just swarming so they miss out on this.

I've been waiting to see a video of a bard having his way with the bottom of najena, paw, nurga, CC, etc., for a long time. I'll believe a bard can wreck those zones when I see it.

I've played a few bards through these levels on p99 over the years and dabbled in indoor soloing with them. I don't deny that technically they have the tools to make it happen. I certainly never figured it out (not at "more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50 level, anyway), and I've never seen anyone else demonstrate that they had. So I'm skeptical that what's technically possible ever actually happens.

There's a bit more to being "a powerful soloer" than having a mana-free charm, anyways. Songs are great, and bards are a super cool class. But I just don't see their toolkit giving them the "powerful soloer crown" at any level.

Izmael
09-12-2019, 06:39 AM
The problem with bards in dungeons is that they miss one very important skill - quickly get the situation under control when stuff goes wrong.

Enchanters have AE stun, necros have FD, both are fast casting.

Bards have the level 15 AE mez but it's cast time is 3 seconds which is arguably too long too often.

Also bard's calm lasts for a couple ticks only but maybe I'm missing something. Calming stuff is probably one of the pillars of successful soloing in a dungeon as a caster.

Wallicker
09-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Charm killing kaesora library is loads of fun. Lots of mobs in pairs and triples. Also don’t forget at 46 with drum you basically have an endless mana free dot that does as much damage as splurt.