PDA

View Full Version : System Error DSETUP .dll is missing from your computer.

xabler
09-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Not sure what i did wrong here???

tortue
09-08-2019, 02:10 PM
im having the same issue, probably ur anti-virus or something blocking it

sacman08
09-08-2019, 02:21 PM
So I was looking at this same thing. I have downloaded the patch files a few times just to make sure it wasn't corrupting. I can open the zip and see the dsetup.dll in the zip file. When I extract the files, it disappears. I checked my anti-virus and it is quarantining the file for some reason. I am unable to use the old dsetup.dll from the last patch.
Which leads me to the question, with all the other people having problems, is it possible the zip is corrupt or that this dll is actually virus infected?
Edit: False alarm... I really need to read sticky posts about false positive flags on antivirues.

xabler
09-08-2019, 02:26 PM
funny thing is i don't have an antivirus.

xabler
09-08-2019, 06:28 PM
fixed. Somehow I still had some bitdefender files and was giving me this issue. I was able to delete all of bitdefender in safe mode and now everything works.

Domo
09-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I disabled my antivire (Avira) and still cant unpack the Dsetup.dll.

Domo
09-09-2019, 02:13 PM
found a way to put the file on a exception list. works now

Deadeye
09-10-2019, 06:17 AM
I dont have anti virus and still missing. so i download the game again installed it works cool now i wannted to install the patch V49 but now it says its a virus???? and cant download it .. and i played with np for around 4 hours ago and download V49 last night but ofc i delete the zip Doh .. what to do ?

Mahdrek
09-10-2019, 11:43 AM
i was having the same problem.. funny though the game was working earlier today, but tonight it had the dsetup error

i copied dsetup from the patch before this one,,, now it works :)

Mahdrek
09-10-2019, 12:02 PM
i was having the same problem.. funny though the game was working earlier today, but tonight it had the dsetup error

i copied dsetup from the patch before this one,,, now it works :)

I spoke too soon, I also had to do this as i was getting virus warning:
copied from another person's post :

Posted this on another thread, but I had same problem this morning and fixed it through the following...

Launch 'Windows Security' setting -> click ' Virus & Threat Protection' -> click 'Protection history'. From there I found a 'Threat quarantined' entry for the dsetup.dll file. I clicked the drop-down action to 'Restore' the file and everything started working again.

stewe
09-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I spoke too soon, I also had to do this as i was getting virus warning:
copied from another person's post :

Posted this on another thread, but I had same problem this morning and fixed it through the following...

Launch 'Windows Security' setting -> click ' Virus & Threat Protection' -> click 'Protection history'. From there I found a 'Threat quarantined' entry for the dsetup.dll file. I clicked the drop-down action to 'Restore' the file and everything started working again.

This worked for me, thanks

Vasarious
09-10-2019, 03:20 PM
When I tried to start it this morning I got the same error even though I was successfully able to play last night. It looks like what happened is Windows Defender deleted the dll file and then my game would not start up. When I tried to redownload the patch it said there was a virus present.

What I was able to do to fix it was to temporarily disable Windows Defender or whatever antivirus program you have that will prevent you from downloading new patch. Re-download the new patch. Transfer the dll file into your EQ directory.

If you want to turn your security back on, go back to your antivirus program and allow your P99 folder as an exception to the antivirus program. I then turned my Windows Defender back on and it is currently working. I don't know if I'll have the same issue once I reboot my computer so I guess I will know when I get back home.

I don't pretend to be very computer savvy but this is what I did and it seems to be working

HotCarlSagan
09-10-2019, 04:11 PM
I added the exception for the entire EQ folder in my antivirus settings. Except now that even though I stopped my windows defender from quarantining dsetup.dll, it is no longer in my EQ directory.

There doesn't seem to be one in the latest patch files either. How can I play the game without this file and nowhere else to get it? I don't have last patch (48) on my computer so I can't take from there.

galach
09-10-2019, 04:45 PM
You need to download the patch files again. Your anti virus is probably deleting it on extraction.

Aelzrith
09-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Can anyone explain why it is detected as being a virus?

Uamil900
09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
anyone find out what the dsetup.dll trojan does?

galach
09-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Please see here for Rogean's response.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2958583&postcount=20

A new dll will be released soon that should help with the false positives.

jacobar
09-13-2019, 04:50 AM
Please see here for Rogean's response.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2958583&postcount=20

A new dll will be released soon that should help with the false positives.

Fir some reason since v49 patch I have not been able to launch eqgame.exe and the error message i am getting is DSETUP.dll. Its not missing, its for sure there. i've disabled all my antuvirus stuff but nothibg is working. the game was working fine for years on every patch, then v49 broke it. running Ubuntu 19.10. the game boots with the base install DSETUP.dll the game boots but i have the outdated spells error on character select, but as soon as i replace it with the new pat h DSETUP.dll the game will not boot? anyone else still having issues with this still?

BrantheBlessed
09-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Windows defender will also flag this file and will quarantine it. So even if you do your regular antivirus. You may still have to go into Defender and restore it btw.