PDA

View Full Version : Character missing after applying new patch

rilwen82
09-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Hello, I uploaded new version of a patch and started the game ...all chars were there, but then I wanted to install new EQ installation int a new folder (i had some problems when relogging characters - the game kept crashing). So I installed the game into new folder and applied the new patch and deleted some files according to tha manual on website.
But now when I run either new installation or the old one, I can't see any of my characters I have on P99 blue. Any hint what shall I do?

Thanks for replies.

Wwen42
09-08-2019, 10:17 AM
I am having a similar problem, so you're not alone. My sequence of events was slightly different, but the end result was the same. My chars dissipated after the reboot.

jacobar
09-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Hello, I uploaded new version of a patch and started the game ...all chars were there, but then I wanted to install new EQ installation int a new folder (i had some problems when relogging characters - the game kept crashing). So I installed the game into new folder and applied the new patch and deleted some files according to tha manual on website.
But now when I run either new installation or the old one, I can't see any of my characters I have on P99 blue. Any hint what shall I do?

Thanks for replies.

Same is happening to me. extracted v49 patch to eq folder and have not been able to get past character select since

GivemeSensei
09-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Moi aussi mes personnage ne s'affiche plus j'ai tt réinstallé et toujours rien :x

renarin
09-08-2019, 04:00 PM
I'm having the same issue, but only on one of my computers...

Acomrie
09-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I was playing just fine this morning and then logged off for my morning routine. I too got back on and everything is completely gone. This new patch has royally effed everything up to an epic status!

buzinga1999
09-10-2019, 06:28 PM
same problem here. please anyone help.

jacobar
09-12-2019, 09:58 AM
I was playing just fine this morning and then logged off for my morning routine. I too got back on and everything is completely gone. This new patch has royally effed everything up to an epic status!

I had the same experience, Ended up gettimg the game to work on 19.10 ubuntu wine-stable v3.0 on my desktop computer, I however wasnt able to get it to work on ky laptop, but i dont play the game on my desktop because its a paper weight, so since i got it tow work on desktop I coppied the install folder to my laptop and kaching it worked. but i logged out, and loging back in the next day nothing worked for me on laptop, but still works on desktop but game runs like garbage on desktop so i havent tried the game much except from just logging in to see if i could