PDA

View Full Version : Something really zapped my computer here

goofball_jones
09-08-2019, 09:59 AM
I don't know what it is, but it really screwed up my computer. I patched everything for the new V49 patch and I got it logged in and everything was working fine. I went to get a drink and I come back, and I'm locked up. So I had to close the client down.

Now, when I try to just log in, I get kicked back to the login screen. I try to log in again and I get the message:

Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to re-run the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.

I've tried using a back-up EQ, and it's the same thing. My wife's computer logs in fine and I've even copied her EQ folder over and renamed it, but I get the same thing. It just kicks me back to my login. And this does this for EVERY server...such as the EZ server ETC.

The thing is, everything was working. I was chatting in the zone after the patch. Then it just locked up and refuses to let me back in. I've even restarted my computer and still, nothing.

EDIT: Found the reason. It's stupid (as in me AND Windows 10) ransomware blocking. Have I said lately that I hate Windows? I do...with a fricken passion.