PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: deepwater goblins have extreme melee range in Oasis

Chortles Snort|eS
08-31-2019, 12:52 PM
now I've heard people say oh goblins attack with bows and arrows etc etc
but today i have personally witnessed deepwater goblins connecting attacks hits from extremely long distances 20 in game feet when fear kiting near the fishing huts

is this working as intended aka oh its bows and arrows
i've been hit in succession faster than really could be bow arrow delay (i would think) IMO multiple times from extremely long distances and can reproduce in front of a GM in person if necessary

thank you

Dolalin
08-31-2019, 02:38 PM
The arrow damage message is "hits you for xx points of damage" just like a normal hit. But if it's a bow you should see a little arrow coming out of them towards you.

Chortles Snort|eS
08-31-2019, 06:59 PM
so these caster deepwater goblins are shooting bows and arrows then?
did not see projectiles when i reverse kite pulled them out of oasis lake
i was getting hit from the lake shore well close to the ocean shore behind me near rock 3

YendorLootmonkey
08-31-2019, 10:47 PM
Yes, they're shooting arrows.

Videri
09-01-2019, 12:46 AM
Alright, slow down, put down yer torch and pitchforks, let's hear what lulz has to say. I mean, what Chortles has to say.

i've been hit in succession faster than really could be bow arrow delay (i would think)

QUESTIONS IN MY MIND (feel free to answer one or all):
• Do NPCs use the delay of their ranged weapons? I doubt they respect weapon delay at all. Imagine if you charmed a mob and gave it a Mroons Toy (http://wiki.project1999.com/Mroons_Toy). Would it hit any slower? Would giving NPCs crap weapons allow you to nerf their damage or delay? That would be an obvious exploit. Perhaps one of the charm masters among us can clarify.
• Are NPCs not subject to class restrictions when equipping items? Can monk NPCs wield piercing weapons? Can priest NPCs wield slashing weapons? Can caster NPCs wield bows? And I think the answer is, yeah, they can wield whatever. But perhaps someone can correct/clarify.
•*Do archer NPCs need to equip a bow to shoot from a distance? "A kobold archer" in The Warrens always drops a bow and one arrow. These water gobbies, though, do they drop bows?
The wiki page for A Deepwater Goblin (http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Deepwater_Goblin) doesn't say they drop bows and arrows (unless that's somehow included in "rusty weapons," "bronze weapons," or "fine steel weapons").