350k budget for necro lvl 1

What are the must have items?
Been out of the game for a bit want to make sure i dont miss anything

Wallicker
08-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Zlandi heart + CoS + Ring 10 + Encyclopedia T

enjchanter
08-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Dont buy a zlandicar heart, you will be disappointed.
Doubly so if you're playing iksar necro

Machone
08-27-2019, 02:34 AM

Why is that?

brokenpromise
08-27-2019, 07:44 AM

I'm also curious why not? How much do they go for and how much is the regen? Im about to roll a necro and I'm torn between self and iksar

enjchanter
08-27-2019, 08:33 AM
The basics of it are that it's just 5 regen and it's not enough regen (imo) to make a difference. If you are an iksar , you already have so much natural regen that the heart is just over kill. I used one on my erudite necro for a while and was just very unimpressed by it because if I was killing mobs and I needed to top off my hp, lifetaps were plenty to keep me moving and the zland regen just wasnt making things more smooth.

Some cases can be made that it's like healing x amount over y amount of time but I found the "healing" to be negligible (in the 50+ levels) even without iksar regen where it should have been even more noticable.

It's too expensive for the net gain for any class besides enchanter imho. If you decide you want one, I'd encourage you to use it till you can equip an epic then sell it and use the money to get your slime blood.

Troxx
08-27-2019, 10:41 AM
5 regen absolutely is enough to make a difference regardless of race.

But is it worth the price? Personally I wouldn’t dump plat on one but if I scored one at a raid I would absolutely use it and never sell it.

brokenpromise
08-27-2019, 10:46 AM
5 regen absolutely is enough to make a difference regardless of race.

But is it worth the price? Personally I wouldn’t dump plat on one but if I scored one at a raid I would absolutely use it and never sell it.

How much are they going for? 5 extra regen is overkill? Wut?

enjchanter
08-27-2019, 11:54 AM
OP just buy it and you'll see what I mean

I was very unimpressed. I got one without having to pay plat, tried it on my necro while leveling 57-60 and didnt feel like it was worth using and gave the zheart to the class that really needed it which is my enchanter. Necros can literally heal themselves organically through stuff they will already be doing (killing monsters).

@ brokenpromise
I'm saying if your an iksar , the regen from the zheart is overkill because iksars have so much regen already.

Troxx
08-27-2019, 01:01 PM
How much are they going for? 5 extra regen is overkill? Wut?

Not sure exactly but a lot more than I’d pay. 5 regen would bring my buffless regen to 17/23. Standing it is a 130% increase in our most valuable stat. Sitting it’s a 122% increase.

Is it necessary? Nope, but it makes a huge difference in quality of life. I don’t have one but I have specifically requested regen buff over regrowth in the past just to see how useful a zheart would be. It’s very noticeable.

If given a choice between 5 regen and 500-800 more base hp though, I’d take the hp. Deeper hp pool makes managing Lich loss and losses from healing a lot easier than a regen buff

kjs86z
08-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Z-heart + pre nerf CoS for sure, maybe a bio orb for fun?

Rest of it would be as much hp / mana you can acquire...Orb of infinite void, +65 hp rings, +mana/hp ears and neck, etc.

brokenpromise
08-27-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm getting the feeling zheart is like 100k+.

enjchanter
08-27-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm getting the feeling zheart is like 100k+.

Yeah I thought I mentioned earlier
This is like a 120k minimum item and can go up to 160k from a real ec fat cat

So if it's really worth paying that much then sure it's cool but your epic at 46 would be much cooler I promise

brokenpromise
08-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Yeah I thought I mentioned earlier
This is like a 120k minimum item and can go up to 160k from a real ec fat cat

So if it's really worth paying that much then sure it's cool but your epic at 46 would be much cooler I promise

120k min?? You've gotta be crapping on my butt. Fat cats can even upcharge even more??? I was thinking of farming and saving my plat but wow maybe not.

enjchanter
08-28-2019, 12:46 AM
120k min?? You've gotta be crapping on my butt. Fat cats can even upcharge even more??? I was thinking of farming and saving my plat but wow maybe not.

I feel like this is probably the disconnect on why I say this item isnt worth it unless you just "happen upon" it.

brokenpromise
08-28-2019, 04:31 AM
I feel like this is probably the disconnect on why I say this item isnt worth it unless you just "happen upon" it.

I knew it was going to be up there in price. At least 50k. I didnt think it would be more than double what I thought.

I would still love one but I'd rather get epic and other gear first before committing to it. 120k is enough to get some very nice gear.

commongood
08-28-2019, 09:17 AM
5 regen per tick is worth a lot more at lower levels than at higher. I'd definitely consider z-heart at lvl 1. It also has some nice stats. But yeah in terms of value for money /shrug

I'd say that the most important stuff is Pre-nerf CoS and jboots. I looted my Holgresh Elder Beads at level 47 and I also personally feel like they added a LOT of QoL to my leveling experience. But at the price they're at now I'm not sure I'd be able to convince myself of their worth.

I'd also say hang on to about 100-120k and buy epic once you get to 46 or 50. The extra free dmg at lvl 50 is super nice for leveling.

Other than that the necro has a pretty nutty spell book so you won't get a HUGE boost from most gear as the bulk of your power comes from your spells. Hp/mana stuff for sure but I wouldn't go splashing 100s of k on Ntov shoulders or anything like that.

There's a list of nodrop items from raid targets that I think matter greatly but aside from getting lucky on buying loot rights you probably won't be able to buy those but will have to earn them through raids. Among others in no particular order:

Bone Bracelet of Condemnation
Shissar Seance/Deathspeaker Staff
Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia

Another thing: I recently got a Boneshear which I've yet to actually test out. It doesn't proc until lvl 44 but that might be worth something to you also.

Troxx
08-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Boneshear is interesting. We have low dexterity so you’re looking at around 1 bone chip per minute while meleeing (ie not medding and also not sitting which results in no hp regen). For a 60 iksar necro you effectively give up 200 mana and 60 hp per bone chip. It goes for stupidly a stupidly high price to boot.

25k buys you 2.5k stacks of bone chips .... 50,000 bone chips. Assuming a necro has 100 or less dex and uses Boneshear exclusively for the proc it’ll take you around 50,000 minutes (833 hours; nearly 35 days) of meleeing just to break even on the investment. 50,000 minutes meleeing put another way (at least as a 60 iksar) is giving up 10,000,000 mana in lost meditation and 3,000,000 hp in lost sitting regen.

Assuming you’re just root rotting 10,000,000 mana at a 5dmg per mana averaged with higher level mobs? 50,000,000 points of killing power. If you simply pretend each mob you kill has a whopping 8,000 hp? Well that’s 6250 level 50 mobs (187,500 xp per) to the tune of 1,171,875,000 xp. 1.17 billion in lost xp just from the mana you lost out while meditating.

An iksar necro needs only 673 million to go from 1 to capped 60 and will never use 50k bone chips. In the time it takes you to make up the 498 million zip difference you could sac a level 59 121 times. Sold at 200 a pop thats 24.3k ... all for cheap bone chips you don’t need.

Neat item but the proc is a neat parlor trick at best. It’s not worth the price. If I had one I’d sell it to some poor sucker who realized it’s garbage other than the stats.

Troxx
08-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Or does it proc a full stack of bone chips? If so that’s be cool.

commongood
08-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Or does it proc a full stack of bone chips? If so that’s be cool.

Procs full stack I'm told. Have yet to test it. Will do so once I get online and confirm it here unless someone else beats me to it.

commongood
08-28-2019, 10:21 AM
Also, your math might be sound (not factoring for the stack vs 1 chip thing) but I'd never look at it like that. There have been plenty of times where I've been doing something in a dungeon and figured out too late that I've been clumsy and not stocked up on chips. My pet dies, I go to summon a new one and... doh. In that case it's worth a lot to me to be able to just summon a few chips on the fly and keep going rather than having to gate out get port to WC etc etc

Machone
08-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Boneshear is interesting. We have low dexterity so you’re looking at around 1 bone chip per minute while meleeing (ie not medding and also not sitting which results in no hp regen). For a 60 iksar necro you effectively give up 200 mana and 60 hp per bone chip. It goes for stupidly a stupidly high price to boot.

25k buys you 2.5k stacks of bone chips .... 50,000 bone chips. Assuming a necro has 100 or less dex and uses Boneshear exclusively for the proc it’ll take you around 50,000 minutes (833 hours; nearly 35 days) of meleeing just to break even on the investment. 50,000 minutes meleeing put another way (at least as a 60 iksar) is giving up 10,000,000 mana in lost meditation and 3,000,000 hp in lost sitting regen.

Assuming you’re just root rotting 10,000,000 mana at a 5dmg per mana averaged with higher level mobs? 50,000,000 points of killing power. If you simply pretend each mob you kill has a whopping 8,000 hp? Well that’s 6250 level 50 mobs (187,500 xp per) to the tune of 1,171,875,000 xp. 1.17 billion in lost xp just from the mana you lost out while meditating.

An iksar necro needs only 673 million to go from 1 to capped 60 and will never use 50k bone chips. In the time it takes you to make up the 498 million zip difference you could sac a level 59 121 times. Sold at 200 a pop thats 24.3k ... all for cheap bone chips you don’t need.

Neat item but the proc is a neat parlor trick at best. It’s not worth the price. If I had one I’d sell it to some poor sucker who realized it’s garbage other than the stats.

Thanks for breaking that down! I was actually looking at this item- off the list nowwwe

Troxx
08-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Ooo if it’s a full stack that dramatically changes the convenience level. If I had a cast spell option for 200 mana and 60 hp for a full stack I’d use that spell often.

But still ... 25k for the ability to summon cheap chips is a rip-off. The chips themselves drop in places we usually hunt. I still have about 10 stacks of chips in my bank from leveling in kurns. You’ve gotta be exceptionally lazy or negligent to run out in the first place. If it does happen, I can’t imaging it happening more than a small handful of times in your time playing necro (unless lazy/negligent).

Is that worth 25k?

Daud
08-28-2019, 01:04 PM
Here's the thing about the zheart, the epic is meaningless for what, the first 46 levels at least? The lower levels are were the heart gives the biggest percentage increase are 1-49 anyways. Iksar regen doesn't really take off until 49+, 1-20 you're still only 4 sitting 2 standing, and 21 to 49 is 6 sitting 2 standing. After 34 and Call of Bones until 49/Lich, you halve CoB's HP drain and before that with Allure I think you'll actually gain HP. After 49 lich and 51+/55+ regens, it's still 25-50% less HP drain depending on the spell/level/position.

That isn't anything to sneeze at in the long term, lifetaps are not exactly the most efficient DPS source out there and anything you can do to spend less mana on those, the better; especially with some ridiculous twinked HP pool which the zheart, again, lets you take better advantage of. It doesn't look very "wow" if you look at it on a per fight basis, but we're talking at least what, weeks, if not months of leveling? It adds up. Not to mention the reality of it's utility to speed things up when you're laying around after something doesn't go perfectly. Meanwhile, that slimeblood in the bank does absolutely nothing.

And lets not forget, at 350k, you can get the heart, slimeblood, HP jewelry, pre-Nerf CoS, OiV, Heiro, jboots, and still have plenty left over to fill out the rest of your slots with decent gear and maybe even a couple tink bags. If your entire budget was gonna go to the zheart, my tune would change. But I don't even know why this is presented as an "this or that" at that level of funding.

And at the end of the day, if you don't like it, you can just sell it. The heart's value has stayed fairly strong, there's consistent WTBs and as long as you don't do anything incredibly stupid, you won't lose much, if anything at all.

commongood
08-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Ooo if it’s a full stack that dramatically changes the convenience level. If I had a cast spell option for 200 mana and 60 hp for a full stack I’d use that spell often.

But still ... 25k for the ability to summon cheap chips is a rip-off. The chips themselves drop in places we usually hunt. I still have about 10 stacks of chips in my bank from leveling in kurns. You’ve gotta be exceptionally lazy or negligent to run out in the first place. If it does happen, I can’t imaging it happening more than a small handful of times in your time playing necro (unless lazy/negligent).

Is that worth 25k?

Calling it a rip-off seems harsh. It’s stupidly rare.

Troxx
08-28-2019, 01:53 PM
At 25k it is a rip off. Being rare doesn’t make it 25k useful.

commongood
08-28-2019, 02:09 PM
At 25k it is a rip off. Being rare doesn’t make it 25k useful.

I think you are lacking nuance in your analysis. Rarity is definitely a factor. Ask yourself if an item like, say, Manna Robe is worth 130-150k. Objectively I’d argue that for some paying that much to min/max your mana in certain situations and gain like 10 or so mana per tick when factoring in having to stop and cast wiz epic or vp staff is NOT worth 100k+. But it does something that’s desirable for some and it’s very rare and hard to come by. If Manna Robe dropped off The Crypt Keeper in HS north at uncommon that would obviously instantly drop its price. So to call Boneshear a rip-off at 25k seems wrong in my opinion. Or at least harsh. If you’ve been on the server long enough then sorry but 25k isn’t that much. OP says they have 350k to splash.

Look I’m not saying it will remain at 25k. It may well drop in price. But it’s very, very rare and does something unique and relevant for a very popular class so I wouldn’t be worried it’s vakue will fall off a cliff. Especially if it summons a stack and not singletons :)

Raev
08-28-2019, 02:41 PM
I had a z-heart on my necro for a bit. I would say that 1-48 it's pretty good as even Iksars get only 4 regen per tick sitting and you'll get beat up a decent bit charm soloing. Once you get Bond of Death, it's fairly cheap to heal up. And in a lot of cases the taps, with their -200 mod, are the best nukes you have anyway.

I just don't think it's possible to twink a caster in this era without focus items and non-raid FT and so on in comparison to a fungi melee.

I have used the beads a LOT though, both for healing up and riskless pulls (FD, send eye, FD, send eye, tag remainder).

enjchanter
08-28-2019, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it procs just 1 single bone chip

Bone shear is utterly worthless
Pay a newb 100p for 10 stacks

Crede
08-28-2019, 04:05 PM
I just don't think it's possible to twink a caster in this era without focus items and non-raid FT and so on in comparison to a fungi melee.

a z heart mage with ds/haste/nuke clicky would be a fair comparison imo.

commongood
08-28-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it procs just 1 single bone chip

Bone shear is utterly worthless
Pay a newb 100p for 10 stacks

I've just tested it, and it's sadly just 1 chip per proc. So I had been misinformed. That definitely moves it further away from the 25k evaluation in my book too. I'm currently happy enough to keep it. I still like having the effect. Was in Kael arena the other night with two friends trio'ing and ran out of chips which was super awkward once we had a bad pull and my pet died. Would have been nice to have then even just to proc twice for another EoT. But yeah, 25k is a stretch.

On the plus side the graphic is decent when you proc. Green particle effect but not the one when you summon a pet.

Machone
08-29-2019, 12:29 PM
Here's the thing about the zheart, the epic is meaningless for what, the first 46 levels at least? The lower levels are were the heart gives the biggest percentage increase are 1-49 anyways. Iksar regen doesn't really take off until 49+, 1-20 you're still only 4 sitting 2 standing, and 21 to 49 is 6 sitting 2 standing. After 34 and Call of Bones until 49/Lich, you halve CoB's HP drain and before that with Allure I think you'll actually gain HP. After 49 lich and 51+/55+ regens, it's still 25-50% less HP drain depending on the spell/level/position.

That isn't anything to sneeze at in the long term, lifetaps are not exactly the most efficient DPS source out there and anything you can do to spend less mana on those, the better; especially with some ridiculous twinked HP pool which the zheart, again, lets you take better advantage of. It doesn't look very "wow" if you look at it on a per fight basis, but we're talking at least what, weeks, if not months of leveling? It adds up. Not to mention the reality of it's utility to speed things up when you're laying around after something doesn't go perfectly. Meanwhile, that slimeblood in the bank does absolutely nothing.

And lets not forget, at 350k, you can get the heart, slimeblood, HP jewelry, pre-Nerf CoS, OiV, Heiro, jboots, and still have plenty left over to fill out the rest of your slots with decent gear and maybe even a couple tink bags. If your entire budget was gonna go to the zheart, my tune would change. But I don't even know why this is presented as an "this or that" at that level of funding.

And at the end of the day, if you don't like it, you can just sell it. The heart's value has stayed fairly strong, there's consistent WTBs and as long as you don't do anything incredibly stupid, you won't lose much, if anything at all.

That makes a lot of sense. I also didnt mention that i only lvl a couole times a month and i do not raid. Just solo and have fun when life lets me. So i might have to rethink zheart and downgrade some slots. Thanks

Machone
08-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Ears https://wiki.project1999.com/Fingerbone_Hoop
10k 5in see invis
Ears https://wiki.project1999.com/Jade_Meditation_Hoop 600p -10int 65m
Head https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Tiara
2k 35hp 50m
Face https://wiki.project1999.com/Tattered_Flesh_Veil
8k 7int 40m
Neck https://wiki.project1999.com/Choker_of_the_Wretched 100k 8int 40m flowing thought
Back https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Hide_Cape ?
6k 75hp 75m
Shoulder https://wiki.project1999.com/Jade_Inlaid_Spaulders
750p 3int 30m
Wrist https://wiki.project1999.com/Bloody_Griffon-Hide_Wrist_Guard
2k 5 int 25m
Wrist https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Blue_Diamond_Bracelet
1k 30m
Feet https://wiki.project1999.com/Golden_Efreeti_Boots
1k 9int
Hands https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Skin_Gloves 2k 6int 20m
Legs https://wiki.project1999.com/Tanned_Iksar_Hide_Leggings
5k 3int 25hp 25m
Belt https://wiki.project1999.com/Bone-Clasped_Girdle
90k 75 hp 75m
Arms https://wiki.project1999.com/Embroidered_Black_Sleeves
100p 10hp 25m
Chest https://wiki.project1999.com/Crimson_Robe_of_Alendine
10k 15int 50hp 50m
Rings https://wiki.project1999.com/Knotted_Turtlebone_Ring
10k 25hp 35m enduring breath
Ring djarns 80hp
Pri https://wiki.project1999.com/Velketor%27s_Spell_Book 40k 8int 100m
Sec https://wiki.project1999.com/Orb_of_the_Infinite_Void 20k 75hp 75m
Range https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Hide_Manual
1.5k 5int 45m

Bag

Sow boots 7k

Staff of Undead Legions*6k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Dreaded_Gaze. Free fear 10k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_Shadow

Tjis is what im thinking so far. Might take off a few items to get zheart after i do more research.

Machone
08-29-2019, 12:32 PM
If i remove bone belt and velks books. That pays for zheart. So easy switch.

Beckoning
08-29-2019, 04:27 PM
If you want to twink a level 1 necromancer I would recommend Tolapumj's Robe and a Velium Crystal Staff to melee up to level 24 in Field of Bone and Kurn's.

Machone
08-30-2019, 03:01 AM
If you want to twink a level 1 necromancer I would recommend Tolapumj's Robe and a Velium Crystal Staff to melee up to level 24 in Field of Bone and Kurn's.

Those weps are fun! Pled my monk with them lol