PDA

View Full Version : Peacebringer vs Addy Club / SoS - which lvl (if any) to switch

stebbins99
08-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,

Have a lvl 49 monk, hope to hit 50 soon. Once he does, will dual wielding an Addy Club / SoS start to outperform his beloved (and very heavy) Peacebringer? At least, in a general sense?

This is assuming the pertinent skills are maxed out for the level. I do understand that there are situational considerations as well (ie mobs with damage shield, riposte damage, etc). Really just looking for general advice as I don't own the SoS yet and purchasing one would be a decent investment.

The rest of his gear aside from PB and Addy = average, just to note. SCHW for haste, x1 tink bag, current offhand (for Addy club) is a cane of tranquil (11/25). Thanks for any input!

Legidias
08-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Inb4 work on epic, but really, you should just work on epic

Jimjam
08-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Inb4 work on epic, but really, you should just work on epic

Grab 8 of your pals (Bro), 3 of your pals (Trunt) then all 8 of your pals again (xeno) and keep eyes on /who all skyfire (immortals) while XPing in KC and Chardok (pipes). The skyfire/KC/Chardok parts are really easily skippable; MQs are widely available to be sourced cheapily. Ask around your friends and they will probably refuse to even take your platinum for MQ.

stebbins99
08-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Appreciate the advice guys! Unfortunately, I am nowhere near my epic for this monk.

Thus, if anyone out there has experience with switching from a Peacebringer (or IFS) to an Addy Club / SoS combo, I'd love to hear it. It seems like many make this switch at lvl 50ish?

MikeXG
08-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Appreciate the advice guys! Unfortunately, I am nowhere near my epic for this monk.

Thus, if anyone out there has experience with switching from a Peacebringer (or IFS) to an Addy Club / SoS combo, I'd love to hear it. It seems like many make this switch at lvl 50ish?

DMG bonus gets better at 51 and continues to do so as you level (not sure of scale)

so if you are switching to DW, do it at 51, or whenever really, both are good options.

Troxx
08-26-2019, 06:00 PM
PB will remain competitive with Ada/SoS all the way up to 60. When in doubt, parse it, but they should be functionally interchangeable:

At a minimum I’d try to trade it in for an IFS. It’s a lot lighter, looks cooler, and technically has a better raw ratio (though lower delay favors PB).

Jimjam
08-27-2019, 03:40 AM
Hmm I other simplified the epic a bit; I forgot about gwan, who needs a force taken to sky 1.5 which is expensive if you don't have pals that frequently go up there and eejag (who is a push over and reasonable to overlook really).

stebbins99
08-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Well I wound up purchasing the SoS to pair with my Addy club. Once my monk dings 50, I'll try to parse the damage difference (2hb Peacebringer vs dual-wield Addy / SoS). If I learn anything interesting, I'll try to share on here.

And Jimjam, I promise I'll try to work on my epic at some point!

bigjeff100
08-29-2019, 11:29 AM
Stebb's trusty tank here! Checking in to let you know, i'm ready for your future epic fights Stebb!

stebbins99
08-29-2019, 11:54 AM
That's awesome to hear sir! Will be in touch!

Jimjam
08-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Well I wound up purchasing the SoS to pair with my Addy club. Once my monk dings 50, I'll try to parse the damage difference (2hb Peacebringer vs dual-wield Addy / SoS). If I learn anything interesting, I'll try to share on here.

And Jimjam, I promise I'll try to work on my epic at some point!

PM me if you ever need assistance with any fights.

stebbins99
08-29-2019, 02:22 PM
PM me if you ever need assistance with any fights.

Will do amigo! Thanks for being one of the good guys around here!!