PDA

View Full Version : Just installed EQ Titanium and patch trouble

ShadyNapster
08-23-2019, 05:23 PM
when I run the Launch Titanium.bat file it comes up with an error about "windows cannot find eqgame"

Natewest1987
10-06-2019, 05:15 PM
Having this same issue - anyone have a resolution?

TheSavorings
11-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Same here, on three PC's, out of nowhere. None of the suggested fixes work.

tankboyt
11-10-2019, 06:09 PM
same here

blizzard36
11-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I also. I have confirmed EQGame does exist in the folder. I even changed the name back to the default in case it was a pointer error.

Notro
11-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Did you guys run the P99Files52.zip?

Baler
11-11-2019, 02:49 PM
This problem pops up in TD section a lot.. I cant seem to find a sure fire solution

Try this? did this work?
Updated *ALL* of your computers drivers. Often times, there is some weird stupid driver thats preventing you from connecting - like your motherboard.

Tried running Everquest using eqgame.exe. In order to do this, find eqgame.exe in your everquest folder, right click on it and hit "send to desktop(create shortcut)"

Once you've made the shortcut, right click on it and select properties. In the Target line, make sure it looks like this:
"C:\your eq folder extension\eqgame.exe" patchme

The patchme part is required, or you won't be able to run the game using this file.

After doing this, make sure you're running it in compatibility mode (probably window xp sp2) and that it's being run as an administrator. This will solve a lot of problems before they crop up.

baloen
11-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Questions I would have for all four of you having this error:

Is the Launch Titanium.bat file in your EQ directory that you created specifically for Project99? If you've placed the .bat anywhere else, it will not work. The entire contents of the P99FilesXX.zip must be extracted into the EQ directory.

Is there an actual eqgame.exe file located in your EQ directory? If not, it will not work. If its missing, uninstall EQ Titanium, delete the EQ directory for Project99, and reinstall titanium. You should create a new eqgame.exe that way.

The recommendations from Baler above can be useful as well, especially running in compatibility mode.

Good luck with getting your game up and running.

casiof91w
11-11-2019, 04:24 PM
I had that issue as well. I followed the solution Baler mentions above. Add patchme to the end of the shortcut target

tankboyt
11-11-2019, 04:54 PM
I extracted the p99 files to my titanium directory. I will try the above recommended steps. I have p99 installed on a laptop np.

blizzard36
11-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Questions I would have for all four of you having this error:

Is the Launch Titanium.bat file in your EQ directory that you created specifically for Project99? If you've placed the .bat anywhere else, it will not work. The entire contents of the P99FilesXX.zip must be extracted into the EQ directory.

Is there an actual eqgame.exe file located in your EQ directory? If not, it will not work. If its missing, uninstall EQ Titanium, delete the EQ directory for Project99, and reinstall titanium. You should create a new eqgame.exe that way.

The recommendations from Baler above can be useful as well, especially running in compatibility mode.

Good luck with getting your game up and running.

Yes and Yes.

I tried both the 5 disc equivalent files and the all in one, both had the same problem at first.

For reasons I can't determine my last install (which was from the all in one) did change the error messages after a couple restarts. (I had actually given up and moved on to other games and had to restart to get a DLC pack to take.) Tried again just in case after playing those games and it gave a slightly different error message. It still gave me the Launch Titanium error, but when trying to execute EQGame it switched from saying that the 2 dlls (that didn't even exist) had to be deleted, to saying I should use Launch Titanium.

Tried one more restart and it worked fine after that.

I have no idea what changed, unless a missing driver was added by getting the other games updated? Or standard Windows "restart until it works".

blizzard36
11-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Did you guys run the P99Files52.zip?
I know I did.

Xruptor
11-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Hey Blizzard36 and TheSavorings. Send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

Zarniwooop
11-12-2019, 12:01 PM
I had that as well. I walked away in irritation and when I came back, it worked. Bizarre.