PDA

View Full Version : Green 99 Moneymaking musings.

Sillyturtle
08-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Everyone says the big camps are going to be locked down. While i definitely think getting a Guise wont be that hard since they will eventually be rotting (and you can't sell it anyway), the other stuff that everyone talks about like Manastone and whatever is probably something I'll never see.

So my thoughts have turned to other forms of moneymaking and I realized that most of the stuff I think about doing aren't possible until much later in the timeline, like farming Goblin Gauzughi ring and stuff. So I'm like "Oh I'll go shaman and just farm everything" except Torpor wont exist for ages either.

Hmmmmmm.

What is good for the Classic era? Necro or Magician maybe?

Pindrought
08-22-2019, 11:04 PM
While i definitely think getting a Guise wont be that hard since they will eventually be rotting (and you can't sell it anyway), the other stuff that everyone talks about like Manastone and whatever is probably something I'll never see.
There will most likely be people camping guise 24/7 still for every single alt they might ever make.

Troxx
08-22-2019, 11:07 PM
There will most likely be people camping guise 24/7 still for every single alt they might ever make.

This is why green will not be fun 😒

Sillyturtle
08-22-2019, 11:11 PM

I'm with Loramin. I think the staff will implement some kind of rule change that will prevent 'locking down' of camps and just and endless cycle of them passing it to their friends.

I definitely think people will be getting guises.

BUT, even if that's true and NOBODY except the 0.1% elite super neckbeard farm squad gets access to Guise or Manastone or whatever, I don't care.

I'm playing Green for a fresh economy and to experience an era that I never got to see.

Keza
08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
I'm with Loramin. I think the staff will implement some kind of rule change that will prevent 'locking down' of camps and just and endless cycle of them passing it to their friends.

I hope the staff encourage fair play for guise, but I don't expect it or require it. I just want a fresh EQ classic server.

Anyway, under the presumption that any solid static camp is going to be poopsocked and you don't want to deal with that you're not left with much choice. Things like bone chips, HQ bear pelts and lightstones will be some of the better ways to make money unless you're logging on at 3 am to find a camp. As for what you should play.. well, if you want to play the game for a fresh server I don't see why you'd make a character dedicated to farming as your first, but if you aren't intending to poopsock Lguk then necro will be inferior to mage. Especially due to them needing to raise their research to get lich/pets on 3 separate occasions I believe, most irritatingly for their 49 spells which are primarily off of raid targets.

Mages however require extremely little gear and can purchase pretty much anything they need from vendors. The downside being that they are less fun to play than drinking bleach and that you'll never get your epic which is far more important than all the other epics, so they are kind of a waste to bother with unless you're some uberguild officer.

I don't see any reason to believe enchanters won't be OPAF as usual. There's several great CHA items in classic, a few solid HP items for sustain and they can do a few valuable quests such as the Stein of Moggok which is pretty damn amazing in classic. On top of that people will actually want you for groups. I mean.. once you get clarity. At 29. Until then lube up and try to relax.

ScottBerta
08-23-2019, 12:44 AM
HGs and Seafurries will always be a good cash camp. High Keep And Paineel guards good too for lower levels. Sol a and sol b for the ore is nice too.

Sillyturtle
08-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Trying to think of what class to make in all honesty. Mage sounds terrible without epic, enchanter never really was my thing but I will think more on it. Shaman I’ve only associated with Torpor in my mind so no idea how that would perform without it.

My gut reaction is to make a Monk as it’s what I’m most familiar with. But without being able to be a lizard I’m not sure if I want to because I love being evil and heated everywhere on the lizard monk it just add something to the challenge and depth of the world so I feel like I would roll one when the expansion came out . That leaves a couple other characters that don’t spring to mind as powerhouses but sounds fun like Ranger or druid or rogue because I have zero desire to play wizard cleric or paladin.

So yeah I feel like maybe if I take away that the best choices for farming would be either Monk or rogue or possibly shadow knight which also gets fein death.

Please excuse any poor typing mistakes I’m on my phone

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 01:29 AM
Id bet a necro is a good way to go for plat, Im not sure there really is any better way to make plat pre kunark, beyond actually relentlessly farming plat. I suppose if you were spitting out mithral 2h swords like a factory that could net you some money.

GBS is a good farm for classic to make monies but I still think just rolling a necro and farming hill giants for the most part is the best way to go? Anyone disagree? Im just guessing.

username17
08-23-2019, 01:34 AM
When Charasis first dropped on Blue there was a (GM Enforced IIRC) line in LOIO to kill the Dizok guy for the spear to get your key.
Kind of like people lining up to kill cyclops for jboots in oot.

That was a solo mob, not a camp, but I wonder if they might do something like that for the perma locked down camps in Guk.
Who knows. I'm going Gnome Rogue (main on P99 is Barb Rogue). I'm expecting it to suck till Kunark. But it should be fun at the same time.

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 01:38 AM
When Charasis first dropped on Blue there was a (GM Enforced IIRC) line in LOIO to kill the Dizok guy for the spear to get your key.
Kind of like people lining up to kill cyclops for jboots in oot.

That was a solo mob, not a camp, but I wonder if they might do something like that for the perma locked down camps in Guk.
Who knows. I'm going Gnome Rogue (main on P99 is Barb Rogue). I'm expecting it to suck till Kunark. But it should be fun at the same time.

This was definitely how we did Jboots in Njina on my server on live. Only it was player organized as far as I knew. It took me exactly 25 hours from start to finish to get my boots and it was the first time I had ever done anything like that. And here I am all these years later doing it like a million times again.

Stupid ass creatures, humans are.

Tecmos Deception
08-23-2019, 06:54 AM
I mean.. once you get clarity. At 29. Until then lube up and try to relax.

Yeah, nobody will want enchanters in groups at all if they can't buff mana regen :rolleyes:

Rang
08-23-2019, 10:53 AM
necros maybe decent because you have half of lguk available for charming so you can do fbss / smr / yak camps pretty easy and can basically semi afk farm some lower lvl stuff. The obvious answer is enchanter is best for moneymaking. No other classic class will be able to solo efreeti outside ench. Enchanter can:
solo efreeti
solo both live and dead sides guk (fbss, yak, smr, crown of frog kings, plat tiara)
can do seafuries efficiently (if they arent nerfed)
can duo/trio tranix
can also easily keep guise / manastone camps locked up

so yeah - lguk and sol b will yield the most items that will sell

s71ck
08-23-2019, 11:53 AM
I wonder if the lack of magical items on a new server would make enchanting jewelry while leveling a viable money maker

Jimjam
08-23-2019, 12:05 PM
People like their equipment to have stats, not just AC/weight so I think enc has a better shot at making back some of investment as they go on green compared to blue.

Early on i'd probably go for jade rings and bracelets. Topaz or bloodstone earrings and maybe an AC/resist neck. Maybe wolf's eye stuff on a puller to cut down on those annoying snare/root/slow/nuke on inc.

Tenderizer
08-23-2019, 12:07 PM

I hope the server resets and all those items go poof. bye bye wasted time, didn't get it this time? better luck next go round.

Tenderizer
08-23-2019, 12:09 PM
necros maybe decent because you have half of lguk available for charming so you can do fbss / smr / yak camps pretty easy and can basically semi afk farm some lower lvl stuff.

server might be packed and if thats so I don't see necro's/ench holding down big ticket camps solo when there would be 10 people lfg for groups down there.

also if you see this happening, train them and have your group take their camp. sounds like gods work to me.

Rang
08-23-2019, 12:14 PM
server might be packed and if thats so I don't see necro's/ench holding down big ticket camps solo when there would be 10 people lfg for groups down there.

also if you see this happening, train them and have your group take their camp. sounds like gods work to me.

per p99 rules intentional training is ban worthy. if you think there wont be solo or duo ench/caster teams locking down whole high end cash camps ur in for a reality check. not sayings its right - on the tlp servers they allow training and dps racing - u can make up ur mind which is better. also thats one advantage of necro - u can just fd from trains

Canelek
08-23-2019, 12:50 PM
I thought Temple of Sol Ro didn't come in until a bit later in the vanilla timeline. If that is so, then I can't think of an available GCD reset item for enchanters for quick stun/mezz/charm, and breaking charm obviously is a little more challenging to time (even DE hide is ~50% effective).

That and the level 50 cap certainly make things more difficult, farming-wise (edit: in LGuk, SolB solo, that is).

Daldaen
08-23-2019, 01:07 PM
All of this is why Green needs to be entirely no GM interference.

If players want to train to clear out the neckbeards poopsocking Guise for 30 hours they can. If they want to bring a group and out DPS those neckbeards instead they can.

It will make for a much more classic experience without all the lists, lines and petition quest that the rules over the past 10 years have inspired here.

Let green play out and later on assess whether some rules are necessary to make the server viable. But to start off there should be no rules determining who gets the rights to a level 30 creature spawning every 15 minutes other than who got EXP.

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 02:45 PM
per p99 rules intentional training is ban worthy. if you think there wont be solo or duo ench/caster teams locking down whole high end cash camps ur in for a reality check. not sayings its right - on the tlp servers they allow training and dps racing - u can make up ur mind which is better. also thats one advantage of necro - u can just fd from trains

Ive never been trained on p99 before. /s

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 02:46 PM

If players want to train to clear out the neckbeards poopsocking Guise for 30 hours they can. If they want to bring a group and out DPS those neckbeards instead they can.

It will make for a much more classic experience without all the lists, lines and petition quest that the rules over the past 10 years have inspired here.

Let green play out and later on assess whether some rules are necessary to make the server viable. But to start off there should be no rules determining who gets the rights to a level 30 creature spawning every 15 minutes other than who got EXP.

This guy couldnt handle red for like a week, so please do not listen to him, he does not believe any of this and I find your claims that you do dubious.

NegaStoat
08-23-2019, 02:58 PM
I thought Temple of Sol Ro didn't come in until a bit later in the vanilla timeline. If that is so, then I can't think of an available GCD reset item for enchanters for quick stun/mezz/charm, and breaking charm obviously is a little more challenging to time (even DE hide is ~50% effective).

That and the level 50 cap certainly make things more difficult, farming-wise (edit: in LGuk, SolB solo, that is).

Gnomish tinkered spyglass might be the only global spell reset item before Temple of Solusek Ro, assuming tinkering was a part of launch. If not, I can't think of anything before then.

Not_Mikeo
08-23-2019, 03:09 PM
STEENS!

Nuggie
08-23-2019, 06:57 PM
As was mentioned earlier, farming city guards will be the most steady way to get plat i think. you might get lucky farming some of this other stuff, but that's a big "might."

Enchanters will, of course, be king of solo. don't under estimate shamans for the duo/trio of giants and efreeti.

Making or being in a dial a port wouldn't be a bad path either.

i do believe seafurries will be nefed from the get-go since thats the way they should have been from the start.

I would imagine Jboots dropping from drelzna is going to make that market not viable for quite some time.

Sillyturtle
08-23-2019, 10:15 PM

No thanks.

Daybreak TLP function exactly as you describe and it's horrible.

All your suggestion would do is ensure the neckbeards NEVER leave the camps. They'd just train other players to get them. They dont care how long they have to repeatedly train people until the people give up.

Would be a nightmare. Just no.

zodium
08-24-2019, 03:02 AM
legend holds the Dald, or "Daldaen", was once a noble adventurer. a true force for good in the realms. but over time, he become embittered, and opened his heart to the forces of evil. one fateful adventure, he delved too far and too deep, and he was turned from the path of light and his very joy of adventure consumed by the unfathomable horrors he had faced on his ill fated quest. only his malevolent spirit now remains to wander the lands he once called home. it is said that the Dald will lure vulnerable p99'ers into the woods near these forums, confusing and cajoling them with his demented dystopian visions, so he may feed on their joy, and, some say, their very elf souls, in an eternal and ultimately futile effort to restore his own. the curse of the Dald is to never again truly walk upon these lands, but never to truly leave them, either.

Tethler
08-24-2019, 03:22 AM

Then after that, they'll still camp it and sell loot rights instead.

Sillyturtle
08-24-2019, 03:29 AM
Still think the staff will implement something stopping this kind of behaviour

Zuranthium
08-24-2019, 03:57 AM
Training is just a method of getting players to react to an environmental condition, ie - move from a specific spot or have to CC. Mobs can be pulled away. Most mobs also die exceedingly quickly in classic, assuming you've got the right classes. In order for someone to train effectively, other people need to be positioned in spots that make such a thing opportune, and be unable to react sufficiently. Smart players will learn how to work the situation.

Imagine if dungeons inherently had trains coded into the NPC AI, which is what should really happen anyway. Why should all of these creatures stand around doing nothing while they hear their friends yelling down the hall or when they can see enemies from 30 feet away? To beat the content, players would need to clear out entire areas, rather than just heading directly to specific NPC's.

Dungeons fights are supposed to be like this (with more magic stuffs happening) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyevhryWKHk

Jibartik
08-24-2019, 09:05 AM
Everyone and their mother has a pair of hollogresh elder beads lol

Not one person that wanted 1+ pair didn't get them LOL

Stop freaking out people. You will get a manastone and a guise.

E-Queue
08-28-2019, 12:06 PM
Everyone and their mother has a pair of hollogresh elder beads lol

Not one person that wanted 1+ pair didn't get them LOL

Stop freaking out people. You will get a manastone and a guise.

How long will both manastone and guise be available based on the original timeline? I can confirm holgresh beads were not perma-camped after a while despite everyone's prognostications they would be.

Mewse
08-28-2019, 05:36 PM
necros maybe decent because you have half of lguk available for charming so you can do fbss / smr / yak camps pretty easy and can basically semi afk farm some lower lvl stuff. The obvious answer is enchanter is best for moneymaking. No other classic class will be able to solo efreeti outside ench. Enchanter can:
solo efreeti
solo both live and dead sides guk (fbss, yak, smr, crown of frog kings, plat tiara)
can do seafuries efficiently (if they arent nerfed)
can duo/trio tranix
can also easily keep guise / manastone camps locked up

so yeah - lguk and sol b will yield the most items that will sell

I think the server would <Riot> if you had enchanters and necros holding down some of the only high level exp camps (in vanilla) solo. People are going to be upset enough with groups living in camps for days without leaving, I can't even imagine if a single player tried to hold one.

Brocode
08-29-2019, 07:23 AM
Once RMTers get their batch of guise we shall have a chance.

Delfofthebla
08-29-2019, 06:08 PM

LOL.

"Oh yeah man let's remove all GM intervention so that all the super toxic guilds can have total freedom in training non guildies so that they can hold the camp indefinitely".

Excellent strategy dude why didn't I think of that.

Jibartik
08-29-2019, 07:37 PM
So the question I have is, how do you think this is going to play out after seeing all the cordial players qued up for everything on classic WoW? Are we going to do the same? Or is it going to be a shitshow? I cant wait to find out lol

Canelek
08-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Hard to say really. It will be really, really tough to pry some folks away from their 1000th AC corpse camp to bother. Then again, I cannot see into the soul of the helplessly trapped pixel hoarder. Do they start over with the allure of manastones, a bucket and a fresh prescription of Xanex? Or, do they stay the course and get that sweet, sweet hit of dopamine when another Hiero Cloak drops on blue?

We shall see.

Mewse
08-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Hard to say really. It will be really, really tough to pry some folks away from their 1000th AC corpse camp to bother. Then again, I cannot see into the soul of the helplessly trapped pixel hoarder. Do they start over with the allure of manastones, a bucket and a fresh prescription of Xanex? Or, do they stay the course and get that sweet, sweet hit of dopamine when another Hiero Cloak drops on blue?

We shall see.

At the very least, I hope they bar players from being logged in to both servers simultaneously. Preventing players from being able to hold a camp on green and blue at the same time seems like a reasonable ask.

Jimjam
08-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Is it really worth hoarding play on green when no one even has anything to sell?

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 06:47 PM
I think its mathematical. (this is some garage math so don't sign anything)

lets take the player base, say its around 800 peak/downtime average

take the timeline (1 year) until expansion.

figure out the possible average plat generated per day (after subtracting plat destroyed)... idk what could that be, 90(ish?) zones (in classic eq) um, lets say 100 plat average per zone being generated, so thats 900 plat per day?

times 365

*punches numbers on calculator on desk made of phone books in his hoder basement*

328,500 plat generated in 1 year of everquest.

So, take all that, spread it out among an 800 average players, That leaves everyone with a measly 410.625 plat.....

OK!

so my math is wrong obviously that's idiotic there must be more plat generated than that..

BUT MY POINT was that..

Some of the most valuable items in classic are basically useless for the most part after kunark (save the dragon ones) so plat is really the best way for anyone to have a leg up on the economy once Kunark drops. The best weapons and armor, all get dwarfed so, hording those wont be of much use come kunark...

You know what, really, screw all this... its probubly, whoever has the most manastones that is going to win.

so hold onto your butts that's gonna be a fun camp lol

Tenderizer
08-30-2019, 07:00 PM
You know what, really, screw all this... its probubly, whoever has the most manastones that is going to win.

if thats winning sign me up for the special olympics because im feeling like a winner already.

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 07:18 PM
if thats winning sign me up for the special olympics because im feeling like a winner already.

Theyre like everquest mutual funds.

Though if there is blue green transfers there's a chance current manastone futures will take a dip (I'm just trying to use economics terms idk anything about economics)

Canelek
08-30-2019, 08:27 PM
So then we get back to the part where characters get recycled back to blue at the end of the timeline (allegedly). I mean, that was preliminary talk after all, and we are not privy to the inner workings of the P99 team.

If the player base is recycled to blue, they would either be:

- Stripped of all money and items
- Stripped of items only
- Partially stripped (keep no-drop items)
- Left completely intact to further muddy the Blue economic waters
- Non-classic mechanics introduced to disallow those that hoard on Green to be insta- fatcat-tunnelrat on Blue
- Other shit

I think most people would like their characters recycled to blue (not even going to get into the logistics of how that works without understanding how their databases are designed (and on what platform)). And I think most players would rather not have hot items perma-camped by those with way too much time and designer drugs on their hands).

And yeah, I am totally onboard with only allowing a player to be logged in to one server at a time to alleviate pressure on both servers. This is pretty easy to circumvent, of course, but at least it would weed out some of our less-intrepid community members (I'm looking at you, panhandle denizens ;)).

As far as Red, well, cool color.

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 09:46 PM
It'd make sense if it was only 1 level 60 character, but that'd be kinda a bummer I figure because then you cant like, store a pocket paladin dark elf that you want to level slowly for 10 years on blue after green is over.

It'd make sense if it was 1 character and no inventory, but that'd be a bummer because then you couldn't have a pocket darkelf paladin to level at all.

I could see 1 character, only equipped items, no inventory/bags... but that gets confusing regarding keys and stuff. But if it was 1 character any level, that'd be chill. Id trash my level 60 green main to swap over a darkelf paladin with 2 manastones in each hand to level slowly some decade from now.

I doubt that we'll see more than 1 character per account, names are going to be an issue as it is (if they real smart they use same name database as blue)

Idk yeah this is all speculation but those are some of the things I think we might see

Oh yeah I could also see no transfers too but I think the chance on that are slim.

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Ohh what if they only let you transfer with everything, but its to red, in some last ditch effort to hope that the green pop decides it'd like PVP and give red a second chance oh no.

Canelek
08-31-2019, 04:12 AM
Lol. Yeah EQPVP has its fans, and they are a special bunch, but it was just a toss-in and obviously never a thing aside from the, "yeah, we know we did not really try to implement PVP, but we can afford a few playpens for those that, for whatever reason, like it. Yeah, I dunno, fuck it."

As far as character names go, that may be one of the easier things, as Verant/SOE handled server merger name matches by adding a 'X' to the name of the a character moving to a server that had an existing character of that name. CoolGuy69 became CoolGuy69X and the like, with the option to petition to do a regular name change. That's just a simple query, regardless of database architecture.

Anyways, it's cool to start from the beginning, as I didn't start playing EQ until I scrambled together better PC parts at the beginning of 2000.

Jimjam
08-31-2019, 08:40 AM
Sneakse and her green counterpart could cause bluster.

Jibartik
08-31-2019, 10:14 AM
As far as character names go, that may be one of the easier things, as Verant/SOE handled server merger name matches by adding a 'X' to the name of the a character moving to a server that had an existing character of that name. CoolGuy69 became CoolGuy69X and the like, with the option to petition to do a regular name change. That's just a simple query, regardless of database architecture.

haha thats true, like that one streamer that has the incredibly positive disposition that was posting here a while back, he had a few videos about his live necro having this x addition to its name and being the only thing that could dent his otherwise totally positive mental attitude armor.

Mewse
08-31-2019, 11:54 AM
I don't think it's very likely they'd move characters from Green to Blue. Even discounting naming issues, you'd be introducing a whole new influx of plat and items that no longer drop to an already bloated economy. Then you'd also have the issue of character slots. I only use one emu account, and typically have all eight slots filled. If I've got characters on blue and green, now I've got to start deleting characters, potentially with NO DROP items I worked hard for, to make room on my one amount in a merge.

This just seems like a silly solution that would cause a massive amount of headaches for an already understaffed project.

Canelek
08-31-2019, 12:24 PM
One possible (but not elegant) solution is to force players to create a new account for Green. That way, if characters do get rolled to blue, it would be a matter of changing the server designation of each character on that account.

I think name changes are super-trivial, but items/plat will be the biggest challenge.

However it pans out, I'm sure they have it mapped out to some degree. I mean, they did manage to resurrect a pretty fucking close Everquest after all, no? And, they are smart enough to work on their own timeline and ignore the chatter, for the most part.

Jibartik
08-31-2019, 01:36 PM
I don't think it's very likely they'd move characters from Green to Blue. Even discounting naming issues, you'd be introducing a whole new influx of plat and items that no longer drop to an already bloated economy.

I just dont think this is realistic to be fair.

The last 10 years, of rising and falling RMT, exploiting, cheating, hacking and ban waves that has happened has proven, you cannot "break blues economy"

So I find these concerns to be unrealistic, I'm sorry but this server has seen worse than its greatest fans farming on one server for 3 years and then transferring it back to blue. I just don't see this as being a realistic issue when you break it down.

Im only speaking from just the just raw effects of it, not my personal wants. I just dont see it causing a ripple beyond increasing the number of players buying and selling, which is always a boon for an economy.

Jibartik
08-31-2019, 01:39 PM
In fact I will go as far as to say the only threat green poses (in my mind) to blue's economy is if it turns it into a second red server with about a 400 average pop for 3 years ;)

You might find the types of players that want to play on a fresh server are some of the least toxic too just sayn ;) You may be begging for a transfer to bring these good folks back.

Jimjam
08-31-2019, 01:44 PM
Agreed. Merging green is not going to change the price of milk, muffins, bandages, vendor spells, port donations, string loans, tink bags, Thurg/SS MQs, jboots, sow pots or anything anyone actually cares about by any significant degree.

Lemonhead
08-31-2019, 03:57 PM
I never understood the complaining about the blue economy. There is more and more plat. The sinks are semi-effective (recharging, trade skills and old players replaced by new players.) But that we don't have run away inflation, we should all be appreciative of. Stuff basically has been the same price in the 6 years I've been playing. And that just sorta makes sense. Some stuff has plunged in price. But players have more and more plat. So prices aren't going to drop. The stability is a good thing.

Dumping green over to blue in 3 years shouldn't really matter. Except for a few items. And who cares if they drop in price a bit. Most people will just keep them anyways.

Nothing to worry about. Play. Buy. Sell. Hit on female Barbarian NPCs. Whatever.

Canelek
09-01-2019, 03:14 AM
Yous guys make good points. If anything, it'll finally allow folks to let go of their CoS and manastone caches to set them free. FREEE FREEEEEE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlFDduJV8E (History of the World Part I clip)

Mewse
09-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Blue's economy isn't the only one that would be impacted - Green's would too. Blue had 1.5 years of vanilla, 4.5 years of Kunark, and 4 years of Velious (currently). By the time Green reaches the end of its classic timeline, Blue will be in its 7th year of Velious - almost three* times longer than the entire classic timeline of Green.

Part of the appeal of Green is a fresh start, without all the fungi monks, where classes that have little to no place on Blue, due to item saturation, are suddenly more viable again. Big ticket items, epics, and all the rest, will be far more rare and noteworthy. It would seem to be a waste of the experience just to roll Green into the beta server at the end of its run.

Doesn't really do any good to argue about it, though. We'll find out what their plans are soon enough. But I'm definitely hoping my characters on Green aren't merged into Blue.

*It's closer to 2.5, but whatever. Point still stands.

Jibartik
09-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Blue's economy isn't the only one that would be impacted - Green's would too.

Maybe some clarification is needed. When there is a 'blue transfer being discussed, that is implied at the end of green's time locked progression (or whatever its cycle is). At which point green99 will be shut down, deleted, and a new server will arise in its place.

So at the end of green, you cant "impact" the economy because there is none.

Mewse
09-01-2019, 10:52 AM
You impact the worth of the items accumulated on Green when you roll them into Blue. Things like Velious armor MQ's, epic MQ's, etc and so forth, are priced differently when the majority of the server is working on their main or first alt, as opposed to their 7th alt on blue.

Things will be worth more on Green. Merging into blue rips that economy apart, and de-values everything you earned overnight.

Worry
09-01-2019, 11:38 AM
When green releases Luclin at the end of the timeline, you guys will feel pretty silly!

bomaroast
09-01-2019, 11:46 AM
There have been multiple plat duping bugs in the course of blue's life. Server should have been wiped years ago.

soronil
09-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Blue's economy isn't the only one that would be impacted - Green's would too. Blue had 1.5 years of vanilla, 4.5 years of Kunark, and 4 years of Velious (currently). By the time Green reaches the end of its classic timeline, Blue will be in its 7th year of Velious - almost three* times longer than the entire classic timeline of Green.

Part of the appeal of Green is a fresh start, without all the fungi monks, where classes that have little to no place on Blue, due to item saturation, are suddenly more viable again. Big ticket items, epics, and all the rest, will be far more rare and noteworthy. It would seem to be a waste of the experience just to roll Green into the beta server at the end of its run.

Doesn't really do any good to argue about it, though. We'll find out what their plans are soon enough. But I'm definitely hoping my characters on Green aren't merged into Blue.

*It's closer to 2.5, but whatever. Point still stands.

Don't understand the concern with the economy after the natural timeline has ended. The whole point is to experience the classic timeline. By the end of velious, you've experienced it. There is no use to keep it going, separate, for longer. It is not "classic" to be in velious longer than that, so might as well roll it into blue and start over (or release luclin/custom content). Why have two "post velious" servers with small fragmented populations??

Jibartik
09-01-2019, 05:59 PM
You impact the worth of the items accumulated on Green when you roll them into Blue. Things like Velious armor MQ's, epic MQ's, etc and so forth, are priced differently when the majority of the server is working on their main or first alt, as opposed to their 7th alt on blue.

Things will be worth more on Green. Merging into blue rips that economy apart, and de-values everything you earned overnight.

But if you don't transfer those items, their worth will be 0 because they will be destroyed at the end of green's timeline. along with every other pixel and character that wasn't transferred somewhere :confused:

GnomeCaptain
09-01-2019, 07:06 PM
The whole point is to experience the classic timeline.

I consider this notion completely flawed.

When people were playing original release, did they know the timeline?
Did they know what items were to come, and when?

If not, then knowing the timeline is inherently not classic.

Therefore the only way to replicate an experience similar to classic is to not follow a known timeline.

Zuranthium
09-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Who cares about things being worth less on Blue. The game has no purpose there, it's just an unchanging graveyard/museum.

Jibartik
09-01-2019, 08:47 PM
I consider this notion completely flawed.

When people were playing original release, did they know the timeline?
Did they know what items were to come, and when?

If not, then knowing the timeline is inherently not classic.

Therefore the only way to replicate an experience similar to classic is to not follow a known timeline.

It's not like we expect to be literally mindwarped into our 13 year old selves again and forget the last 22 years.

We just want to fight over lions and wisps.

Mewse
09-01-2019, 09:05 PM
But if you don't transfer those items, their worth will be 0 because they will be destroyed at the end of green's timeline. along with every other pixel and character that wasn't transferred somewhere :confused:

Why does it have to be "merge or destroy"? Keep Green as Green. Maybe at the end of the timeline we get the oft rumored custom content.

Or even better, Pantheon launches and I've done all this worrying for morning.

Jimjam
09-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Having the value of your treasure tank after the end of Velious is classic.

Usually this would be caused by
1) bazaar opening up the market place
and
2) Luclin outdating your armour,

Merging green to blue could achieve the same effect thanks to alts already wearing Velious quest / nToV pixels.

Tethler
09-02-2019, 03:44 AM
After the end of green timeline they should just put the characters into a purgatory that can only log into the tutorial or something so people see what they managed to acquire for this particular iteration...kinda like a *gasp* museum.

If green doesn't roll into blue, then it will cut down on all these dudes looking at it as an investment opportunity and open up the camps for people that want to actually use the items.

Jibartik
09-02-2019, 09:28 AM
After the end of green timeline they should just put the characters into a purgatory

yes I agree, blue server :p

Sillyturtle
09-02-2019, 09:48 AM
It's not like we expect to be literally mindwarped into our 13 year old selves again and forget the last 22 years.

We just want to fight over lions and wisps.

Of course not, you can't change the past.

However, could we not do something different? instead of following Classic original EQ timeline, change it.

it wont happen of course since this place was designed around recreating that timeline, but it's an interesting thought!

Familiar game since we know what we know, but new game, with custom content and new timelines and raids and such. Maybe even new character class development! That is a fun thought. (not saying it should happen, but it's fun to think about. You get that sense of wonderment and that joy of NOT KNOWING everything while also feeling comfortable due to the familiarity of a lot of things)

zodium
09-02-2019, 09:51 AM
However, could we not do something different? instead of following Classic original EQ timeline, change it.

they already did this and it's called p99 blue and it's real real good OP, i would recommend trying it

Sillyturtle
09-02-2019, 09:52 AM
they already did this and it's called p99 blue and it's real real good OP, i would recommend trying it

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Jibartik
09-02-2019, 11:11 AM
Of course not, you can't change the past.

Sure, I'm super looking forward to this! when someone figures out the time to do it, that also has the ability to not suck at it.

Like even if someone wouldn't suck at doing this, it would take full time development for like 10 years for a modding team to be able to.. Oh wait thats what they've been doing on blue for the last 10 years.

This is going to be the firs time its ever been done with everquest on this level, so its exciting, even though I know how to beat befallen.

Who knows what he future holds, but the present holds green99 :)

Dont worry, if you really love eq youll be on these forums for another 25 years, unless whoever buys daybreak one day shuts them down or rogen and nilbog turn out to have been forming a suicide cult.

zodium
09-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

dead serious