PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Mage Pets level 24+ not in-game on Classic launch

skorge
08-20-2019, 06:59 AM
There was no way to get a pet past level 20 on launch day. My first character on launch (April 1999) was a human mage. I got him to 24 and was surprised that Verant did not have pets past level 20 in the game at the time. There was no way to research or buy pets post 20.

I know Green is coming up and was wondering if P99 will stay true to this element? I do not have the exact day they added them, as I quit my human mage at level 24 (hated using the level 20 pet still) and made a druid. It had to be a good bit into the game, maybe 2-3 months or so.

skorge
08-20-2019, 06:59 AM
The reason why I bring this up is I know people who think mage pets are OP at launch (they aren't really btw), and if they knew they wouldn't be in the game post level 20 at launch many may not play mages and pick other classes.

Sunderfury
08-20-2019, 02:37 PM
I see no evidence posted, please provide besides memory. It could be they were not on all vendors / town locations, name / location changed from beta so confused people, spoiler sites did not list them so no one knew where to find / research them, your memory betrays you, etc.

You could 100% be correct, but I don't see devs implementing this without some evidence to this issue and evidence as to when they would have been put in game.

Zuranthium
08-24-2019, 04:26 AM
The reason why I bring this up is I know people who think mage pets are OP at launch (they aren't really btw)

Your awareness of the game was terrible if this is your take.

Sunderfury
09-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Resolving due to lack of follow-up with hard evidence.