PDA

View Full Version : No autoattack

Ghilran
08-16-2019, 06:20 AM
Hey there,

For some reason my cleric as problems with autoattack. I can be in range of a mob, i have a weapon equiped and don't have any messages (like attacking self or being out of range) and yet I do not swing nor attack. I don't do any damages to the mobs, and i can see on my partner's screen that i don't swing at all.

She also reports difficulty /Assisting me (which may be a player problem, as she's a total beginer - or could be part of the issue) and the health of attacked mobs doesn't refresh properly even when I use a direct damage spell.

This has been going on for a couple of days now, and persists throughout restarts.

This is not a *huge* deal considering i'm a cleric and all, but at lvl 9 and using a twink 1hb (that a player kindly donated) this is a huge part of our duo's damage output.

Character name is Thichquang on blue.

monkeydoc
08-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Something to check on: using a /target line in a macro can do exactly what your describing if the object of the /target doesn't exist or is out of range.

Ghilran
08-16-2019, 06:53 AM
I don't have any /target macro, I use point and click targeting for the purpose of these tests.

Ghilran
08-17-2019, 03:58 AM
/bump

So basically :

- I can't engage nor swing nor do damage with autoattack. I just targeted a decaying skeleton in EC and followed it with autoattack on and never took a shot

- my target's health does not refresh : i finally engaged the skelly with my low level nuke and while it appears to do damage (took me 3x 8 damage shot to kill it) it's health stayed at 100% the whole time.

Any help would be appreciated, sure it's lvl 9 and i could re-roll but i'd like to avoid it since we have a duo going with my GF.

EDIT: It's not a client issue, my other toons work as intended.

Ghilran
08-17-2019, 04:06 AM
mmm ok my bad, at the time of typing "it's not a client issue" I was like "or is it?"

I removed both character related ini files from the game directory and it's now working properly. it did not even change my window disposition and chat configuration!

case closed.

Just did a quick diff, my ini files had some assist and /tar maccros at the bottom, I did not use them but maybe they messed with the client somehow. If someone run into this problem it might be a good idea to delete macros and recreate as needed.

Jimjam
08-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Did you program any of your macro hotkeys to be triggered by keyboard strokes, particularly movement buttons?

Ghilran
08-17-2019, 12:55 PM
Nope, but i did bind my forward movement key to hotkey slots 9 and 10 where I put sense heading and forage for my druid.

Can't really check now but my issue may have started with my binding of movement to my 9 hotkey, which in turn may have been mapped with a macro on my cleric... could have been my macro targeting my gf's corpse which would explain a lot.

Damn took me long enough to figure that out. Thanks :)