PDA

View Full Version : 57-60 duo locations?

bradsamma
08-15-2019, 02:53 PM
What are your suggestions for 57-60 tank-and-spank duo locations? (Assuming any well geared melee and any healer)

Evia
08-15-2019, 03:02 PM
-The Hole crawl!
-Sebilis Crypt (skip emp) while also pulling mobs outside the crypt while you wait for the 4 named spawns
-Chardok! ok this one im not too sure on...but I went down to get a halfling illusion mask (failed btw cuz cant solo) and the spot where the named is has like 3 or 4 other named mobs who drop some baller items and they're all relatively close to one another. Seemed to me that a duo could set up at the herbalist house and start pulling the herbalist named, overseer, kennel master and there was one more named? all nearby.
-Howling Stones (charasis) I also hear HS is a duo's playground! but i've never done it...

Good luck!

loramin
08-15-2019, 03:21 PM
-Sebilis Crypt (skip emp) while also pulling mobs outside the crypt while you wait for the 4 named spawns

It's not a bad idea, except that A) they'd need for the camp to be open (it's very often already taken by full groups), and B) you need a Rogue to get in.

I'd think NG might be a better camp for an average duo, but it too is popular.

P.S. Of course the vast majority of the spots in the Per-Level guide (link in signature) are viable for duos, but not every one (some spots only have enough mobs for a solo), so you'd have to vet them a little. But it's a great place to start.

dajudge
08-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Whatever you do never, ever ever go to Neriak arena... Until I'm done getting a buffer.

;)

loramin
08-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Whatever you do never, ever ever go to Neriak arena... Until I'm done getting a buffer.

;)

Yup, never ever go to to http://wiki.project1999.com/Neriak_Arena_(Hunting_Spot) ;)

kjs86z
08-15-2019, 05:12 PM
SolB freeti

Crawdad
08-16-2019, 12:03 PM
-Chardok! ok this one im not too sure on...but I went down to get a halfling illusion mask (failed btw cuz cant solo) and the spot where the named is has like 3 or 4 other named mobs who drop some baller items and they're all relatively close to one another. Seemed to me that a duo could set up at the herbalist house and start pulling the herbalist named, overseer, kennel master and there was one more named? all nearby.
Good luck!

This was our go-to spot on Live when Sebilis was full. Set up in the cubby near herbalist right before going into tunnel to overseer. Lots and lots of mobs, lots of potential named. We did it with a 4/5 man though so I'm not 100% how great it'd be for duoing. Probably fine with how geared out p99 is compared to live.

Jibartik
08-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Efreeti!

oops SolB freeti

uh.. uh... https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_55-59 /shrug Im all outa ideas.

7thGate
08-16-2019, 02:57 PM
I like SG, and wrote a little guide to where I like duoing there as part of Loramin's earlier wiki challenge https://wiki.project1999.com/Siren_Hunting . XP is a little slower, but there's some decent money drops. Made much safer/easier if melee can snare.

loramin
08-16-2019, 03:13 PM
I like SG, and wrote a little guide to where I like duoing there as part of Loramin's earlier wiki challenge https://wiki.project1999.com/Siren_Hunting . XP is a little slower, but there's some decent money drops. Made much safer/easier if melee can snare.

While you'all were spending your plat on pixels, I was patronizing the arts ;)

(Although IIRC Jayya specifically didn't actually get any plat from me, as that wouldn't have been ALS appropriate.)

Jimjam
08-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Anyone tried to bard GMs in kelethin?

Sure, they are probably like level 61 but on the other hand they are bards. They can't be that fighty, right?

Speaking of >60 mobs ice borrowers in west wastes don't summon so are decent mobs to kite. For a certain definition of decent.

ScottBerta
08-17-2019, 02:03 AM
Everyone knocks KC but drovlag captain camp good place for a duo.

Hole also offers good duo just drop in past entrance and good exp.

Jsteed
08-20-2019, 08:10 PM
My top exp but not great loot spots
KC Turnkey (top basement) is almost always open with many mobs up that come mostly 1-2 at a time. (almost no drops, if you have a tracker you can snipe prison and lcy tho)
CoM 2nd 3rd floor (no drops easy exp)
HS north (not as good exp but better drops)

Swish2
08-20-2019, 10:04 PM
HS north (not as good exp but better drops)

The XP in north for a 57-59 duo is actually pretty good I think ^^

jolanar
08-21-2019, 08:01 AM
Anyone tried to bard GMs in kelethin?

Sure, they are probably like level 61 but on the other hand they are bards. They can't be that fighty, right?

Speaking of >60 mobs ice borrowers in west wastes don't summon so are decent mobs to kite. For a certain definition of decent.

I want to say the GMs have way overinflated HP values. Doubt they would be good exp, but would be pretty awesome to see a group of high level dark elves, trolls and ogres wiping out the GMs in Kelethin.

draconov
08-21-2019, 09:03 AM
WL Geonids or Velks entrance area.

tranceminus
08-22-2019, 02:44 AM

;)

Speaking as a necro who spent 54-58 in HS, then tested out a fair number of other solo/duo spots, Neriak Ogres was by far the fastest exp. It was a while ago, but I think I was getting about 6-8%/hr in 58 with a rogue duo.

Should be doable with a melee/healer, pretty sure I saw an SK/Shaman duo there from time to time.

kjs86z
08-22-2019, 10:51 AM
Shaman + any melee is great at Neriak Arena ogres.

Its just boring as all hell and basically zero cash. Go out there and make monies while leveling!