PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Crippling Blow does not stun.

President
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Crippling Blow should stun on landing, and a message should show "%t staggers."

Didn't find anything searching(surprisingly.)

President
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Bump.

President
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
=)

nilbog
04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Need some more research. Here are two references I found from googling.

Crippling blows on your target which is equal to a stun!!! If you then pop your crit disc while you are berserk.....every hit will land as a Crippling blow=stun. I have solo'd named mobs that hit very hard this way. They dont get a chance to hit you for 30 seconds as they are stunned from the crippling blows. I like to strafe in a circle around the mob while using crit disk, as the mob doesnt move to face you its sooo stunned!!! You will see the message "A spider staggers" You land a Crippling Blow! (723)http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=29396&TabID=263685&ForumID=136260&TopicID=3382185

Crippling blow stun has always been capped at 55 like most old stuns. There's never any message for crippling blow stun negated by stun immunity. Yah, if the hit stuns "%$ staggers." will appear under "Soandso scores a crippling blow! (123)". No stun, no message. Also I've found crips stun much more frequently in pvp whilst standing behind your opponent. It's probably the same in PvE. http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16863

President
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
More difficult than I would have thought to find.. But this thread seems to have more:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11245

Seems like it is supposed to stun mobs up to and including level 55 by the way he is describing his "wishful AA."

Basically everything else I have found doesn't include many details. (EDIT- fixed Doesn't)

President
04-22-2011, 06:32 PM
In your second link, it sounds like people are thinking it has a "chance" to stun, when really they are fighting mobs above/below 55.

Enygma
04-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I can confirm this by my experiences in classic, the crippling blow always used to cause the mob to stagger or be interrupted per se. It also generated a fuck ton of agro ... as you can imagine as it is now, warriors can pop disc at 40% and do over 10k dmg with a 29/35 weapon.

I don't know what my 2 cents is worth but I assure you this was a classic mechanic.

Sworen

President
04-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Bump.

nilbog
09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
bump.

Further infos?

so yes, berserk increases your STR and STA (maybe, don't remember). because STR is used into ATK it will increase too and make you hit a little stronger. However the real benefit of berserk is that critical hits will indeed be crippling blows. crippling blows have a larger damage bonus than critical hits, and on top of it, it stuns your target for a brief time. of course, not all NPC are stunnable, but against those that are berserk brings some noticeable effectiveness at the cost of having dramatically less HP."

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18412&highlight=berserker

kanras
09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
This got patched in a few months ago.

rankorr
11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
i played a warrior in 1999 live and also remember the " target staggers..." after ever crippling blow as well and noticed right away that it currently is not working here on p99. also i dont see my attk power increasing while in a berserker frenzy, im all sad face until this is fixed.

(edit) i was fighting while making this post and just got a " target staggers..." message ,but it seems that its set at a low % chance to stun, and im very sure it was 100% stun chance in classic.

KentalCowtipper
11-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree. I played a warrior from 99-05 during classic and definitely remember crippling blows were a stun in addition to upping the attack and str.

We warriors don't have taunt that really works. Could you at least let us have the rightful classic bonus off crippling blows of stunning up to lvl 55 and increased attack/str while beserking?

Kental